Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,383 members, 7,881,383 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822786 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2011
valacious:

If you have some few extra change to spare, then buy japaul oil, and i bet you, you will be in for a great baragin come january!

Anybody can say that about any company without giving any particular details. . . .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cathyacur: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2012
I have been using cheap calling cards from www.oneandus.com from last 6 months and found the good quality services as well as cheap international calling cards rate for USA, UK, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, India, Mexico and beyond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chris2000(m): 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2012
YES YES YES, finally Nigerians have woken up to the that stock is one of the market you can good money, but you need to have basic knowledge about stock to succeed in it. I have been waiting for someone to come up with this topic, Pls i need tip on how to start in the stock market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chris2000(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
My follow NL, here are some tips for you

1. Investing is not a hobby. To big merchant banks, it is a very competitive business. Therefore, you should also treat it as a business. That means understanding your own profit and loss as well as the companies in which investments are made.

2. Get some great investment management software. These days, a speedy internet connection and good money management and investment software costs virtually nothing. Why spend the time and effort trying to figure out the best ways to do things when solutions already exist.

Ideally, look to purchase two types of software. One will be for personal money management. This can be used for profit and loss and keeping track of the costs of subscriptions, stockbrokers and the like. The other will be used for tracking stock and fund prices, storing company news, technical and fundamental analysis and more.

3. Get an education. Warren Buffett has suggested in the past that every investor should be able to understand basic accountancy principles, an annual report and stock market history. You probably do not need to become an accountant, but being able to understand the scoring system of the game can only help.

4. Learn about money management. Every investor will have the occassional (at best) loser and it is vital that no individual holding can wipe out a portfolio. Understanding asset allocation is vital.

7. Practice makes perfect. In the investment business, paper trading is how we all start. Pick a couple of companies, make a note of their price, the date, the reason why you want to buy them and then start following the stock.

As time passes, the hunch or assessment which made the stock such a great prospect will play out. Was it a good or bad decision? Would buying the stock 'for real' have made a profit or a loss?

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eucresta93: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
check this out if you want true story
http://eucresta.tribalsyndicationdomination.com/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ekehleosey: 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2012
Super Cliqr Hint: Whenever you place between 11th and 15th position, you still can win by clicking through 11th to 15th and loosing N12.5 and then clicking through 16th to 20th and gaining N60.
You should play N5 win N50 to understand the game better and note that this method works for every category but you must loose before you gain, therefore you must have NGN to lose first before gaining for this strategy to work.
www.mocliq.mobi
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ehizman: 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
Hizz Cooperative
Global Stocks, Crude Oil, Properties, & More 08037597085

Invest & Earn Every Month…

Investment. Earning
30,000-- ---- ---- ---- -5,000
50,000-- ---- ---- ---- -10,000
100,000--- ---- ---- ---20 ,000
500,000--- ---- ---- ---110 ,000
1,000000- ---- ---- ---- 250,000

For Detail, Call 08037597085
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lucyidara: 8:33am On Mar 14, 2012
<a href=http://charterredatlantic.com/atlanticinvestment/?ref=lucy>
Whether you want to make improvements to your home, consolidate your current debts into one, more manageable monthly payment or make a major purchase or plan a holiday, an Online Investment Loan from Us could be perfect for you.
</a>
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Redstone(m): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
Buy petrol at 94 Naira per litre. Coming soon. To buy at this price, send your name and phone number to email: purplepms@gmail.com

Also indicate your average petrol/ltr consumption per week.

Forward this to your friends and family members.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
When shall the bones rise again?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
[/b]Aliko Dangote is Back, Takes over as President of the NSE on Tuesday[/b]

Monday, June 18, 2012 / Thisday

Nigeria’s largest industrialist, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, will tomorrow take over as the President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), following the ruling of the Court of Appeal in Lagos last Friday upholding his three appeals against cases that led to the nullification of his election as president of the exchange.

Dangote was elected the 17th president of the NSE in August 2009.

Announcing Dangote’s election, the then Director-General of the NSE, Prof. Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke, had said he was elected based on a unanimous acclamation by the council members immediately after the conclusion of its 48th annual general meeting (AGM). However, Dangote’s election was nullified by the Federal High Court in Lagos in March 2010 following the application made to the court by some shareholders of African Petroleum Plc (now Forte Oil Plc), who had sued him, Nova Finance and Securities Limited, NSE and others, over alleged manipulation of AP shares. But Dangote challenged the suit and filed appeals which were upheld by the Appeal Court presided over by Justice Helen Ogunwumiju last Friday.

Delivering judgement on the appeal filed against the August 4, 2009 status order, the court set aside the judgement of Justice Mohamad Liman, saying a status order is like an injunction and the conditions for granting an injunction must exist. The court emphasised that there was no identifiable reason or urgency to warrant the order of status quo to be made. Accordingly, the order was set aside as it was wrongly made.

The second ruling was on the challenge to the Justice Lambo Akanbi ruling of March 12, 2010 nullifying the election. The court relied on its earlier judgement to set aside the order on the grounds that since the status quo order allegedly breached should not have been made, there was no question of it being breached.

The third judgement was on the appeal challenging the contempt proceedings and the bench warrant issued against Dangote on July 22, 2010. The whole proceeding was also set aside as having been conducted in error on the grounds that the very order leading to the contempt proceeding was invalid.

Reacting to the judgement, Dangote informed THISDAY Sunday that he was very happy with the ruling, as it had vindicated his position all along that he should not have been removed as president of the stock exchange’s council.

He said his first priority would be to continue with the reforms started by the present NSE director-general, Oscar Onyema, improve governance and transparency, and restore confidence in the market.

“You know the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had been running the NSE like it was an agency of government. But the stock exchange is a private exchange limited by guaranty. So, I will be meeting the SEC appointees on the council of the stock exchange on Tuesday and taking over that day,” he said.

Dangote added that a new council for the stock exchange with him as its president would be reconstituted next week and that the slots allotted to stockbroker members on the council would be increased from four to six.

Also commenting on the court judgements, one of Dangote's lawyers, Mrs. Folashade Sowemimo, said they had been vindicated by the rulings, adding that the rulings had reaffirmed her belief in the country's judicial process.

“In 2010 when his election was nullified by the Federal High Court, we had said he would appeal and that Alhaji Aliko Dangote believes in the judicial system and he would eventually be vindicated.

“You can see that at the end of the day, we have been vindicated. I am happy with the judgement of the Court of Appeal. What has happened has simply reaffirmed my belief in the country's judicial process,” she said.

With the reinstatement of Dangote, he will take over from Mallam Ballama Manu, who has been the interim president of the council since August 5, 2010 when SEC intervened in the running of exchange.

Prior to his election in 2009, Dangote was the council’s first vice-president. He joined the council in February 2008, as the chairman, Kaduna/Kano/Yola Zonal Council

http://www.proshareng.com/news/17505/Aliko-Dangote-is-Back-Takes-over-as-President-of-the-NSE-on-Tuesday
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
^^^^^Please, what is the implication of this re-appointment on the NSE? Any hope for immediate resurrection of the NSE from the dead?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bimbcy(m): 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
pls when will honeyflour hold her AGM. I l b glad 2 av a link or site where i can get companies AGM date. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by okechukwu3: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2012
I am interested ,but doesn't know how to go about it,someone should help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
jamace: ^^^^^Please, what is the implication of this re-appointment on the NSE? Any hope for immediate resurrection of the NSE from the dead?
Somebody, help o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by KayDee4: 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
jamace: ^^^^^Please, what is the implication of this re-appointment on the NSE? Any hope for immediate resurrection of the NSE from the dead?
[size=13pt]
It's not automatic, it will take some time, he's no magician with a magic wand.
[/size]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2012
Chei! This thread don become orphan o. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elvalentino: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2012
Good day people please i need a genuine seller that can meet my buyer's procedure, please i will want only seller or seller's mandate to respond to this post. this a buyer that has bought true us before just that the seller that sold to us then do not have any allocation for now and we can't be waiting for him to re-new his allocation.
below are my buyers procedure.

CIF
1.Quantity

After successful lifting of first 2 spot lots/shipments of 2 million barrels each (4 million barrels total) , the 12 months contract will be automatically effected.

Therefore 4 million barrels per month +/- 10% in 2 separate spot lots/shipment of 2 million barrels each of crude oil. Both parties may consider additional deliveries, as agreed, after successfully completing these first 2 shipments. The shipments are monthly and the duration of this contract is for a period of (12 Months) with rollover and extension.

2. Payment Terms

The payment will be in US Dollars and made by irrevocable, non transferable, confirmed Documentary letter of Credit (DLC) / MT 103 from a prime Bank in favour of the SELLER to its authorized/approved bank. The DLC shall be issued / confirmed by a top rated World Bank in favour of the Seller in the amount of US Dollars equivalent to first spot cargo shipment (2 million barrels) and therein under DLC will be separately reinstated for all subsequent cargo shipments of 2 million barrels till the contract life becomes exhausted.

3. PROCEDURE: CIF

A.Buyer and Seller sign and seal this Contract including banking coordinates and exchange the signed copy by electronic mail. The electronic signed copy by both Parties is considered legally binding and enforceable and must not be changed. The executed SPA is lodged in their respective banks.

B. Seller SENDS PROOF OF PRODUCT DOCUMENTS TO THE BUYER VIA EMAIL, BILL OF LADING, MASTER’S RECEIPT, Q&Q CERT AND THE DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE FOR THE LOADED VESSEL AND OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS. THE CONSIGNEE ON ALL PROOF OF PRODUCTS DOCUMENTS MUST MATCH SELLER’S NAME ON THIS SALES PURCHASE AGREEMENT.

C. SHIPMENT UPON VERIFICATION OF THE PROOF OF PRODUCT DOCUMENTS, VERIFICATION OF CARGO AND VESSEL POSITION DIRECTLY WITH THE LOCAL AGENCY, subsequent single shipments till the contract life becomes exhausted.VESSEL CAPTAIN, BUYER PLACES DLC , FOR THE VALUE OF each spot single (2 Million barrels) and will reinstate DLC for all

D. SELLER INSTRUCTS THE VESSEL CAPTAIN COMPLETE SECURITY FORM AND return to shipping agent/habour master, issue eta AND PROCEED TO THE DELIVERY PORT (intended HALIFAX EAST coast of canada) FOR DELIVERY OF THE CARGO.

E. The VESSEL IS OFF LOADED INTO THE BUYER’S SHORE TANKS AND INSPECTED BY SGS (OR EQUIVALENT) TO DETERMINE THE FINAL COMMERCIAL INVOICE VALUE AND TO CONFIRM THE CARGO’S QUALITY. IF CARGO SPECIFICATIONS ARE THE SAME AS THE CARGOS’S SPECIFICATION FROM THE Q&Q INSPECTION AT THE LOADING PORT, BUYER IMMEDIATELY ACCEPTS AND SIGNS THE SGS REPORT AT THE DELIVERY PORT AND SENDS A COPY TO THE SELLER.

G. Within 5 days OF VERIFICATION OF THE SGS REPORT AT THE DELIVERY PORT, BUYER PAYS FOR THE CARGO VIA swift MT103 /CASH WIRE IN FAVOR OF THE SELLER’S /ENDORSES TITLE AND ACCOUNT. SELLER TRANSFERS ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS TO BUYER.

H. THE NEXT SHIPMENT COMMENCES.

BEST REGARDS

md_harchez@ymail.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bimbcy(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2012
i avnt rcv ma unilever and honeyflour dividend since june n july dat dis companies declared dividend respectively. Pls, wot ld av went wrong and hw can i get ma div warrant
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
bimbcy: i avnt rcv ma unilever and honeyflour dividend since june n july dat dis companies declared dividend respectively. Pls, wot ld av went wrong and hw can i get ma div warrant
Lay this complain to your broker for necessary information and assistance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bimbcy(m): 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
jamace: Lay this complain to your broker for necessary information and assistance.
thanks man. Ma broker said: probably it has bn sent 2 a wrong box. Is dia any1 in d house dat hasnt rcv is div 2. If u av rcvd urs, when was dat? And how can i get mine (unilever n honyflour)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by okechukwu3: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2012
Someone should help ,i am interested,put me through uzodi2002@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote author=oke_chukwu]Someone should help ,i am interested,put me through uzodi2002@yahoo.com

oke
what are interested about
and what do you want to put you through about
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
have anyone been watching the market recently

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.