Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory (2211 Views)

Husband Complains That His Wife Always Purchase Food Outside For The Family / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2009
Is it a must to have honeymoon outside Nigeria? I need the opinion of the married ones more.

My opinion is that if it can be afforded why not but if you have to struggle to pay for it then you could as well just cut your coat according to the size of your cloth and not your size. I don't know if am wrong but i don't think an expensive and grand honeymoon paves the way for a good marriage.

Please your comments.
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by shyfissy: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2009
You have said it all. I would love to av mine outside Nigeria because i have been to all the nice places here but if one cant really afford smthg, then dont do it. It is not a must and it has nothing to do with making ur marriage good or bad. smiley
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Valo29: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2009
It's cool to travel outside Naija for honeymoon but the pocket has to be considered SERIOUSLY cos after the honeymoon, it's just husband and wife to start their journey properly.A big YES though if someone else is paying for it sha cos you can't ask for the dough.
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by MrCrackles(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2009
Topic
No. It is not a must!
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by mayrho(m): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2009
It isn't a must but, u might have a hard time explaining it to your spouse
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Fhemmmy: 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
It is not a must.
I heard Obudu ranch is a great place.
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Sissy3(f): 5:54am On Aug 28, 2009
it's not a must. some wouldnt like the idea while others cant afford it. moreover there are plenty of nice places in naija to honeymoonize
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by biggaboy: 8:07am On Aug 28, 2009
it is not a must, just do things according to what you can avoid. we have so many fine places inside nigeria where you can really enjoy your honeymoon, it depend on where you are residing in nigeria, marriage is life time biz not short time o, all the glamour of wedding ceremony is just the starting of the whole show, so plan with money you have for better future, [table]best wishes [/table]
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2009
Thanks a lot for the responses so far, however one thing common is that most of the respondents are guys and av given the same opinion that most guys would give. In short I would really love to know what the ladies think (especially the married ones).
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by onijogbon(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ OP, why waste our time and effort when you've already answered your own question in your initial post?

anyway sha, with a name like Taliban, it's not surprising u dey ask and answer ya own qweshun at the same time.
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by beckygirl(f): 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2009
Its not compulsory but its okay, cos am on honeymoon with my husband now, guess where Accra Ghana its cool and great not too expensive and you catch a lot of fun, just you and your spouse no disturbance, yeah its good to be away sometimes.

you guys watch out shocked for a programme on this issue Mr. & Mrs. its gonna be a bomb you learn a lot
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by ritaNL: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
Not a must poster,save your money jor, but if pepper rest for ur pockect, na must oo.
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by sayso: 10:55am On Oct 23, 2009
nah
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by ayomidej(f): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2009
If you have the money you can have your honeymoon outside Nigeria but if you don't have it, there are many nice places in Nigeria that you can go to. grin
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Fhemmmy: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2009
ayomidej:

If you have the money you can have your honeymoon outside Nigeria but if you don't have it, there are many nice places in Nigeria that you can go to. grin

well said
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Bossman(m): 3:59am On Oct 24, 2009
Honeymoon itself is not even a must. Do it whenever time permits and it's convenient. We did not have a honeymoon when I got married due to time constraints, etc. We understood what our goals are However, I must say we have been to so many countries as a couple and with the kids (Mostly in the Caribbean) and had pleasurable moments that I do not think a honeymoon would have even come close. In my opinion, this honeymoon thing right after getting married is completely blown out of proportion!

Bottom line, do the honeymoon thing whenever it's convenient for you both logistically and financially.
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by dani1luv: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2009
It's not compulsory to have ur honey moon outside Nigeria;

In nigeria we have various suites and Hotels

e.g Sheraton; SIlverbird Galleria; Silverbird Suites and Many more undecided undecided
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by Rebarobyn: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2009
honeymoon is compulsory o, all these our stingy men who don't want to spend.

ladies if u don't do it after ur wedding u will never do it again especially after kids, u don't av to go to some expensive place or outside the country but u need some alone time away from your normal environment after the wedding stress, so guys if u don't have honeymoon money then maybe u arent financially ready to get married but don't deprive us of the fun
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by dani1luv: 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2009
^^
I know it's compulsory but; not compulsory outside Nigeria
Re: Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory by amtheone(m): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2011
Nothing in life is compulsory. Its all about choice!

But wait, what is HoneyMOON? Lol

(1) (Reply)

If You Have Done It B4 Then You Are A Monster! / Do We Actually Need To Divorce Our Partner? / VIDEO 2 Young Women Abused And Publicly Humiliated For Stealing In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.