Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,039 members, 7,966,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 02:19 AM

How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. (1456 Views)

Is It Advisable To Roof A House Using Palm Tree Wood? / Please How Much Will It Cost To Roof A One Bedroom Self Contained / See The Amount My Dad Used To Roof His Building (25yrs Ago) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by surryade(m): 7:44am On Jun 09, 2016
Dear House,am really constrain on how much to roof my 4bedroom flat.i have only 1million with me.log of wood and slat or aluminium.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by chubbyG(m): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2016
The topic is misleading....
it should be How much would it cost to roof a four bedroom flat (stating the size of the plan)
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
surryade:
Dear House,am really constrain on how much to roof my 4bedroom flat.i have only 1million with me.log of wood and slat or aluminium.

You can even spend less by using Sumo 8ft colored pan. But you need more money to use aluminum.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by baaliyah(m): 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
KolaShangOne:

You can even spend less by using Sumo 8ft colored pan. But you need more money to use aluminum.
Oga Kola, pls which one is sumo 8ft. what is the difference between the sumo and aluminium. thank u sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2016
baaliyah:

Oga Kola, pls which one is sumo 8ft. what is the difference between the sumo and aluminium. thank u sir.

SUMO 8ft Pan is made of steel. It's corrugated and painted to look like aluminum but it's not. It rusts and fade over time. But it's cheap.

The pictures can't attach. File is too large. You can add me on whatsapp 07038935532
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by mufutau55(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
KolaShangOne:

SUMO 8ft Pan is made of steel. It's corrugated and painted to look like aluminum but it's not. It rusts and fade over time. But it's cheap.
The pictures can't attach. File is too large. You can add me on whatsapp 07038935532

Can you send them to me thru WhatsApp and I will resize them and post here... Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by mufutau55(m): 1:38am On Jun 14, 2016
KolaShangOne:

This is the Sumo 8ft pan made of steel mentioned above... compliments of @KolaShangOne
Thanks.

Hajji M.

Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2016
surryade:

Depending on the size of your flat, it's actually possible.
-No nogging
-No Facial cladding with Aluminum
-No external ceiling with Aluminum
-0.45mm Guage Longspan imported aluminum
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:37am On Jun 14, 2016
mufutau55:

Can you send them to me thru WhatsApp and I will resize them and post here... Thanks.

Hajji M.

Thank you sir.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by gabbytabby: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2016
Dont waste your money on sumo instead make your wood kingpost about 7ft and use aluminium sumo leaks a lot.

mufutau55:

This is the Sumo 8ft pan made of steel mentioned above... compliments of @KolaShangOne
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by twoMcfemad: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
gabbytabby:
Dont waste your money on sumo instead make your wood kingpost about 7ft and use aluminium sumo leaks a lot.

Please explain further,ma. The 7ft King Post and Aluminium use? Thanks.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by mufutau55(m): 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
gabbytabby:

Thank you my sister, for a very good advise. I have never seen or even used it.. so your advise counts very well.

Hajji M.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by mufutau55(m): 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
twoMcfemad:

Please explain further,ma. The 7ft King Post and Aluminium use? Thanks.

You need to make sure the carpenter uses 7ft King post while doing the wood carcass; and reduces the usage of both wood and aluminium sheets.

Hajji M.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by twinskenny(m): 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Egbon kola we get talk oo
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
gabbytabby:

I agree Madam.

SUMO colored Pan (because they also produce aluminum) Is still Pan (made of steel) like I said earlier. If properly installed, with Tar and washer (shown below) chances of leaking is greatly reduced. But if done with steel nails (as its usual practice) it will leak early enough.

Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
mufutau55:

You need to make sure the carpenter uses 7ft King post while doing the wood carcass; and reduces the usage of both wood and aluminium sheets.

Hajji M.

A lower roof doesn't always imply lower money spent / materials within some contexts. I will explain with diagrams later on.
Re: How To Roof 4bedroom Flat. by mufutau55(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
KolaShangOne:

A lower roof doesn't always imply lower money spent / materials within some contexts. I will explain with diagrams later on.

Oh OK. I need all the lesson I can get o. Thx.

Hajji M.

(1) (Reply)

For Sale : 2008sqm fenced land In Marshyhill Estate, Ado road, Ajah. ( Photos) / What You Should Know About The Lekki Free Trade Zone / Single Room (8 By 12) For Rent Around Olateju Area Mushin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.