Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,255 members, 7,967,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:54 PM

Spam Filter: It Was An Embarrasement; Learn From It - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Spam Filter: It Was An Embarrasement; Learn From It (744 Views)

lol / How To Identify And Learn From Your Mistakes / Ghanaians Petition To Seun, Owner Of Nairaland. Filter Gayna!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spam Filter: It Was An Embarrasement; Learn From It by femtop2(m): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2009
My veins were pumping with adrenalin. I had just finished a write up that i couldnt wait to share with my friends in Nairaland
Eagerly I logged in, coppied and paste (the post was already typed) and clicked the 'reply key' And there it was - A message that read "Femtop2; your posting priviledge has been withdrawn for posting a spam, we are sorry if this is a mistake, bla bla bla" - paraphrased

You can imagine my embrassement. Let me quickly say that the content is original.  It was something I taught before.

Lessons Learnt
I actually got this from a book I was reading coincidentally at the time
[list]
[li]Avoid using All Caps in your subject or title column
As much as possible do not use capwithin the body
Avoid the use of the word "Fr-ee". It is strongly advised that you use "at no cost" or write fr-ee like i did
Use bold to emphasise points
If you break any of the rules. Spam filter may mistake your post or even your e-mail as a spam[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Good luck
Re: Spam Filter: It Was An Embarrasement; Learn From It by Seun(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
It's not that simple, man. Not that simple at all. The spam filter is extremely dynamic. What gets you banned this morning might not get you banned this evening.
Re: Spam Filter: It Was An Embarrasement; Learn From It by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
seriously, I should start my own thread for these things.

Who or what is the idiot deleting posts and threads anyhow while leaving the actual offensive ones untouched?

Someone starts a thread saying Nigerians smell- that is given prominence while Mandingo is left free to roam around posting trash? Yet my response to him is deleted and so are the threads I opened after the deletions.

Is it any wonder most of you people are headed nowhere when simple common sense eludes you?

Why do Nigerians smell:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-316433.0.html

You dont know how to delete this thread but you can delete my response and my own thread? Dem swear for una?

(1) (Reply)

Unique Calender Date 09/09/09 In 2009 / (idpm) Lagos Have Branch In Port Harcourt And Bayelsa State! / Who Is A True Frnd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.