Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,695 members, 7,889,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:52 AM

What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) (774 Views)

See Reasons Bible Said: Do Not Judge! / Bible Said Jesus Will Go To HELL / Bible Said Jesus Didn't Die For Anybody Sin Nor He's Crucified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by umehmj(m): 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
Came across this in deutronomy 24:5 and i was like whaat?!

Personally i think it will be really cool but then, does this apply in today's world?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by xpac01(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
One year sad I hear somebody asking, "Na happiness dem go chop"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by Project400: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
...same principle with today's honeymoon.

Life expectancy in those days was huge. So, it is very rational to take out 1 year out of 600+ Years as alone time with your spouse. Methuselah lived 969 years, right? (Genesis 5:27).

Worthy of note is that God progressively shortened human life, specifically after the flood. So looking at the old testament verse you quoted - Deut 24: 5, we cannot safely apply same principle as, I earlier mentioned, life expectancy differ.

4 Likes

Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by hahn(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
Project400:
...same principle with today's honeymoon.

Life expectancy in those days was huge. So, it is very rational to take out 1 year out of 600+ Years as alone time with your spouse. Methuselah lived 969 years, right? (Genesis 5:27).

Worthy of note is that God progressively shortened human life, specifically after the flood. So looking at the old testament verse you quoted - Deut 24: 5, we cannot safely apply same principle as, I earlier mentioned, life expectancy differ.

Don't tell me you actually believe that undecided
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
Awesome.. We need to pass that bill into the Senate house.
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by Project400: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
hahn:

Don't tell me you actually believe that undecided
You mean the Bible?
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by hahn(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Project400:

You mean the Bible?

Yep. It is filled with fairy tales. Talking snakes, talking donkeys, unicorns, heaven, hell, god, lucifer etc

Those things are used to entertain kids undecided
Re: What The Bible Said About Newly Married Men (pix) by MistadeRegal(m): 3:34am On Jun 11, 2016
That verse and some other verses on that Chapter was for soldiers.

(1) (Reply)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "He Who Has Ears To Hear"? / Meet The First Openly Gay Anglican Bishop (photos) / Characteristics Of A Deeper Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.