Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,881 members, 7,876,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

6000 Megawatts Of Electricity For The Country By December: Possible? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6000 Megawatts Of Electricity For The Country By December: Possible? (624 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6000 Megawatts Of Electricity For The Country By December: Possible? by WackyJ1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
We've all heard about President Y'ar Adua's Promise of 6000 megawatts of electricity by the december of this year.

I need your opinions is this possible? Or is this one of those promise and fail incidents. Are we closer to the dream of constant supply of power in Nigeria or is this is dream like vision 2020?
Re: 6000 Megawatts Of Electricity For The Country By December: Possible? by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
If they truly wanna make it happen, it is possible.
The money is there, the support is there, and if we need technical help from other nations, i am sure we can get it, but since we have a vissionless leader, nothing can happen
Re: 6000 Megawatts Of Electricity For The Country By December: Possible? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
WackyJ1:

We've all heard about President Y'ar Adua's Promise of 6000 megawatts of electricity by the december of this year.

I need your opinions is this possible? Or is this one of those promise and fail incidents. Are we closer to the dream of constant supply of power in Nigeria or is this is dream like vision 2020?

It is sad that people fail to see the real issue here. The problem with power is that it is in the hands of government. Privatize the damnnnnn thing.
Do you know that even if 10,000 MW of electricity is generated, a whole lot of people would still be in darkness.
Are we all forgetting about transmission and distribution. My elect engrs where are you?
Do you know the number of areas that don't have transformers. Does that have transformers either have to pray anytime "Nepa brings light" that it doesn't explode.
There is also the issue of gas supply. I bet they'll tell you by decemeber that they have the capacity to generate 6000 MW but they don't have gas blah blah ablah
Fine a number of areas that are well connected with functioning transformers will reap the benefit but don't be fooled.

6000MW does not equal uninterrupted power supply.

(1) (Reply)

Ppa Faction ? / Solution To Strike.correct? / Sanusi Has An Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.