Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,321 members, 7,881,182 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:59 PM

Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ (1163 Views)

Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos / The Presidential Cars That Waited For President Buhari At The Airport / Photo: See What PMB Won As The Most Travelled President In A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by bestads(m): 2:20am On Jun 11, 2016
On a serious note
Today, I want to take time and thank God for making Buhari the president of this country.

At first, I did not understand why God allowed it to happen. But now I know and I have seen the benefit.
This is how I understand the benefit.
Had it been Buhari did not become president:

1. We will think that by now fuel will be N45 per litre.
2. We will think that by now N1 will be equal to $1.
3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created.
4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving N5,000 stipends.
5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school.
6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public.
7. We will think that by now 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state) would have been created.
8. We will think that by now there would be permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia.
9. We will think that by now the government would have started creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter.
10. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free..

.LONG LIVE NIGERIA

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by socialmediaman: 2:33am On Jun 11, 2016
Well I agree with you on the expectations had Buhari not been elected, especially because I thought He would be able to sanitize and reform the police and other security agencies, expand the affairs of the EFCC to states and LGAs, reinforce the concept of rule of law and I believed he was not tribally biased (remember when he advocated for removal of state of origin for state of residence). However, I still don't think GEJ should've continued in power because many of the problems witnessed by Nigerians today would've happened anyway, and it would be worse having PDP manage a bad economy with everyone looting carelessly regardless of an ailing economy. The major difference here is that the impunity of looting has reduced though the government has poorly managed many aspects of the economy.

On another note, it's possible he's being misguided by those whom he trusted for the past one year, some of whom may be loyal but practice nepotism. He still has 2 more years to turn things around and bounce back because his credibility is on the line here... Let's see what happens.

3 Likes

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by bestads(m): 4:32am On Jun 11, 2016
GEJ was ready to fight corruption before your clueless propagandist came to power.... Who is fighting corruption in Alausa and the state capitals and LGAs that get monies from federal govt??
Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by M4gunners: 4:38am On Jun 11, 2016
GEJ was already fighting corruption with different methods. For example, how hiss government distributed fertiliser to farmers . That was a better way of fighting corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by isbish(m): 5:19am On Jun 11, 2016
Read what they are saying! GEJ was ready to fight corruption before PMB came and bulldozed him out. Pathetic! How could such a meek, naïve president curb corruption. You guys always make reference to Fertilizer...yeah, thanks GEJ..what happened to the defence ministry, which was needed most to ensure Boko Haram were dealt with?

GEJ was a failure. Perhaps too docile and meek to fit Nigeria. Under His nose, look at the massive monies shared around that could have given peace to some people.

PMB is in charge, live with it and at least there is less corruption today compared to GEJs time. Am okay with that.

3 Likes

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by bestads(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
socialmediaman:
Well I agree with you on the expectations had Buhari not been elected, especially because I thought He would be able to sanitize and reform the police and other security agencies, expand the affairs of the EFCC to states and LGAs, reinforce the concept of rule of law and I believed he was not tribally biased (remember when he advocated for removal of state of origin for state of residence). However, I still don't think GEJ should've continued in power because many of the problems witnessed by Nigerians today would've happened anyway, and it would be worse having PDP manage a bad economy with everyone looting carelessly regardless of an ailing economy. The major difference here is that the impunity of looting has reduced though the government has poorly managed many aspects of the economy.

On another note, it's possible he's being misguided by those whom he trusted for the past one year, some of whom may be loyal but practice nepotism. He still has 2 more years to turn things around and bounce back because his credibility is on the line here... Let's see what happens.

Na lie, Nigeria will not be where it is now. We would have been better if GEJ had won.

2 Likes

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
isbish:
Read what they are saying! GEJ was ready to fight corruption before PMB came and bulldozed him out. Pathetic! How could such a meek, naïve president curb corruption. You guys always make reference to Fertilizer...yeah, thanks GEJ..what happened to the defence ministry, which was needed most to ensure Boko Haram were dealt with?

GEJ was a failure. Perhaps too docile and meek to fit Nigeria. Under His nose, look at the massive monies shared around that could have given peace to some people.

PMB is in charge, live with it and at least there is less corruption today compared to GEJs time. Am okay with that.

When buhari vacate office if opposition take over you will be afraid of corruption cases that will be unearthed bros. Relax and watch the movie.

Beside how was the corruption war affected the economy positively?

1 Like

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by bestads(m): 7:53am On Jun 17, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

When buhari vacate office if opposition take over you will be afraid of corruption cases that will be unearthed bros. Relax and watch the movie.

Beside how was the corruption war affected the economy positively?

Please ask him who is fighting the corruption in Alausa, osogbo, Akure, Sokoto,Katsina all the state capitals and all LGAs where the corruption is a Monster

1 Like

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by bestads(m): 11:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
isbish:

who is fighting the corruption in Alausa, osogbo, Akure, Sokoto,Katsina all the state capitals and all LGAs where the corruption is a Monster

1 Like

Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by Rose2014: 11:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
@op I rejoice with u grin
Re: Thank God PMB Won The Presidential Election Over GEJ by VaginaTerrorist(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2016
Everything don change. Respect self don change. Sai APC! Ubanka!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Erosion Site In Elemaga(pics) / Julius Berger May Pull Out Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway Over Non Release Of Funds / Facebook.com/badero.o.oluwaseyi Maiyegun _pupsy Kofo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.