Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,827 members, 7,945,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) (732 Views)

Tesla Modelx Becomes 1st Electric Car To Cross Sahara Desert In A 5k Miles Rally / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? / Motorists Stop To Allow Cattle In Abuja Cross A Major Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 6:18am On Jun 11, 2016
1. THINK FIRST - PLAN

Find the safest place to cross then stop.
If available cross the road at a zebra crossing, traffic light crossings or at traffic islands or where there is a police officer or a traffic warden. Wait on the pavement until the traffic has completely stopped.
If not available, choose a place where you can see clearly along the roads in all directions, and where drivers can see you.
Never cross on turns.

1 Like

Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 6:19am On Jun 11, 2016
2. STOP

Stand on the pavement little way back from the edge. You should be away from the traffic but still be able to see all around. Even if there is no pavement stand at a little distance from the edge.
Don't hurry, give yourself time and have a good look all round.

Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 6:19am On Jun 11, 2016
3. WATCH AND LISTEN

Look for traffic in all directions and listen.
Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 6:20am On Jun 11, 2016
4. WAIT UNTIL IT'S SAFE

Wait patiently and let the traffic pass.
Cross when there is a safe gap and you are sure there is enough time.
Don't cross if you are not sure.

Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 6:21am On Jun 11, 2016
5. WATCH AND LISTEN

When it's safe, walk directly across the road.
Keep looking & listening while crossing.
Never run.

http://safedriving.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=57&lang=en
Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by Freciprocal: 6:23am On Jun 11, 2016
Nice tips bro...

Just to add the classic way

"Look ur left, right, left before you cross"
Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 11, 2016
Interesting.....

*Pman - Emeka before you cross dey road, look well well, if dey road clear oya cross....gringringrin

1 Like

Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:39am On Jun 11, 2016
Look Right and Left for oncoming vehicles, Up for crashing planes and helicopters, and Down for bombs..

1 Like

Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by kelvyn7: 6:45am On Jun 11, 2016
I still remember my nursery rhyme... you look right, you left, you look right again... before you cross the road. cheesy
Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by lirusehn(m): 7:29am On Jun 11, 2016
only in Nigeria you have to fast and pray before using even a Zebra crossing undecided

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:56am On Jun 11, 2016
@SANDOSKI quite hilarious
Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2016
AutosBay:
@SANDOSKI quite hilarious

No mind me... Na nija we dey.... Even Zebra crossing self no dey function for my area....grin

Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by colossus2: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2016
You think if motor want to jam you in Nigeria, all these steps will save you. To carry out this your steps sef 10mins don go undecided
Learn to cross a road in a maze-like way. Lagos is a case study as road no go dey free and some motor no go stop for you.
Re: How To Cross A Road Safely (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
@colossus2 I concur

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed On 4runner 2001 Toyota / Where Shall I Be? / I Want To Ask Question Abt Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.