Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,928 members, 7,946,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) (1121 Views)

What Did FG Gain By Arresting Nnamdi Kanu / Did Fg Secretly Employ 245 Candidates Into FAAN? / Why Did FG Drop Charges Against Orubebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by duketunde: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, What do you guys think about the persistent tomato scarcity and the Tuta absoluta dummy being sold to us by the FG?

I guess i am the only thinking and asking, Why is it now that Dangote recently opened a Tomato paste production factory that Tuta absoluta ravaged tomato farms in Nigeria.

Secondly, did the pest eat both the plant and the tomato seeds, thereby stopping reproduction? One thing i know for sure is Tuta absoluta have been around for so long and if you even plant anything apart from tomato pests must definitely eat some, so why is the new Tuta absoluta eating everything and not leaving anything for us or should we just agree that its a conspiracy between Dangote absoluta and FG absoluta?

Again FG told us that adultrated tomato paste had flooded Nigerian market and this could lead to cancer.. Question: Should we wait for Dangote tomato paste to be out before we start cooking with paste again?

Just musing tho....
Read thought provoking Articles, Motivationals and Stories on http://www.duketundesblog.com/search/label/Article

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by doyinisaac(m): 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
My brother...this country tire me...

2 Likes

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by Mynd44: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
I hope you guys know that the Dangote Tomato plant has shut down due to scarcity of fresh tomatoes hence they can't produce.

As usual, folks rush to assume a conspiracy

2 Likes

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by doyinisaac(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
Mynd44:
I hope you guys know that the Dangote Tomato plant has shut down due to scarcity of fresh tomatoes hence they can't produce.

As usual, folks rush to assume a conspiracy
Guy leave story jare.....the op asked an intelligent,interesting and thought provoking question.

2 Likes

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by duketunde: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
I wonder o, i was only asking questions undecided
doyinisaac:
Are u sure we are reading the same topic??who is assuming a conspiracy??the op is asking thought provoking questions....

2 Likes

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by adconline(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
duketunde:
Hello Nairalanders, What do you guys think about the persistent tomato scarcity and the Tuta absoluta dummy being sold to us by the FG?

I guess i am the only thinking and asking, Why is it now that Dangote recently opened a Tomato paste production factory that Tuta absoluta ravaged tomato farms in Nigeria.

Secondly, did the pest eat both the plant and the tomato seeds, thereby stopping reproduction? One thing i know for sure is Tuta absoluta have been around for so long and if you even plant anything apart from tomato pests must definitely eat some, so why is the new Tuta absoluta eating everything and not leaving anything for us or should we just agree that its a conspiracy between Dangote absoluta and FG absoluta?

Again FG told us that adultrated tomato paste had flooded Nigerian market and this could lead to cancer.. Question: Should we wait for Dangote tomato paste to be out before we start cooking with paste again?

Just musing tho....
Read thought provoking Articles, Motivationals and Stories on http://www.duketundesblog.com/search/label/Article
Did FG sell or sold

1 Like

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by doyinisaac(m): 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
adconline:

Did FG sell or sold
English teacher...

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by Ladipodeal: 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
doyinisaac:
Guy leave story jare.....the op asked an intelligent,interesting and thought provoking question.

What's intelligent about the question. The Op should be intelligent enough to browse the net to check the status of the plant as well.
The plant relied on local source of tomatoes as raw materials. They have guaranteed price above the market rate to farmers as well so as to encourage more people into tomato farming.
Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by doyinisaac(m): 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ladipodeal:

What's intelligent about the question. The Op should be intelligent enough to browse the net to check the status of the plant as well.
The plant relied on local source of tomatoes as raw materials. They have guaranteed price above the market rate to farmers as well so as to encourage more people into tomato farming.
Let me shock u,you still haven't answer the major question the op asked...

2 Likes

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by babadee1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
The Dangote factory you're talking about has stopped production due to the tomato scarcity. Try to read the news from time to time.
Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by duketunde: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
If you care to know i did a post on Tuta absoluta on May 16th even before most media houses in Nigeria, it was syncronized here on NL and here's a link to it on my blog http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/05/tomato-scarcity-tuta-absoluta-pest.html Plus i know they told us Dangote factory had ceased production but are we to believe everything we read, I am only asking questions and not at all pointing fingers
Ladipodeal:

Re: MUSING: Did FG Sell Us A Dummy On Tomato Scarcity (dangote Absoluta) by babadee1(m): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
duketunde:
If you care to know i did a post on Tuta absoluta on May 16th even before most media houses in Nigeria, it was syncronized here on NL and here's a link to it on my blog http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/05/tomato-scarcity-tuta-absoluta-pest.html Plus i know they told us Dangote factory had ceased production but are we to believe everything we read, I am only asking questions and not at all pointing fingers

If you want to indulge in conspiracy theories that is your prerogative but please respect the intelligence of other people and don't expect them to go along with you. The tomato crop market in Nigeria is a private one. The producers are free to sell their tomatoes to anybody they please, the government doesn't control them. If they want to sell every single tomato they produce to Dangote they are free to do so and nobody will stop them. They wouldn't need to hide it.
Ask yourself how many tons of tomatoes are produced in Nigeria every harvest season and how many tons Dangote's factory needs. And then the fact that you're not aware that tomato is a fruit and the seeds are part of the fleshy parts of the fruit makes me wonder if you have ever cut one open before. All in all it's very difficult to take your posts seriously.

(1) (Reply)

Names Of Miltary Officers Retired For Alleged Link To Ex Presidents / PHOTOS: Rotimi Amaechi Celebrates His Birthday In Style / 10 Reasons Why Niger Delta Militants Are Deadlier Than “crippled” Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.