Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,284 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:44 PM

Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria (47922 Views)

Under Jonathan, Dora Akunyili Was Forced To Work While Dying- Lauretta Onochie / Throwback: Dora Akunyili Battled The Cabal Under Yaradua (Video) / Chidiogo Akunyili Mimics Her Mother, Dora Akunyili's Posture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by SIRmuel86(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
chival:

She is probably battling a few complications that have arisen as a result of ingesting the fake drugs her 'Yoruba' woman allows in the markets.
LOL
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by BossDanniee(m): 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
Great Dora Akunyili. A true Nigerian hero! God bless her service to Nigeria.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
Adeevah:
A lesson

No matter how many your award is, death is inevitable and when you die, you can't go to your grave with one

#hmnnn
no sense in your statement
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by nellyelitz(m): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Are the two mopols awards too?
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
supereagle:

Ignorance will destroy you. Yoruba brought her to limelight, go and found out : Dr Soleye brought her to OBJ, ndi igbo worked against her.
Her Hardworks,awards and accomplishments brought her to limelight please.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by iamNifemi(m): 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
supereagle:

Ignorance will destroy you. Yoruba brought her to limelight, go and found out : Dr Soleye brought her to OBJ, ndi igbo worked against her.
gbayi....

1 Like

Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by nkemjacob2(m): 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
ur memory still remain green in our heart
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Phobia1: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
Txonyi:
she fought corruption without making noise! she made the zoo proud but got killed for it this is what NK keeps saying any SE/SS man/woman that serves the zoo will reap disgrace as a reward!
So in ur own world, all dis awards also amount to shame huh? Notin gud eva comes out from u pples mouth.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Adeevah(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
DikeOha882:
no sense in your statement

And that is bcoz u av no sense to comprehend a simple english grama

#FOH
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Klington: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
irunooboo:
Dora remains a failure in the eyes of patriotic Nigerians undecided her so called achievement in NAFDAC has been dwarfed by the present yoruba woman holding the position. She only allowed easterners to import fake drugs into the country then and they keep singing her praises. No wonder she died as a result of fake drugs. I pity that Woman sad
little wonder they said that commonsense is not common,u can still borrow one.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by oodua1stson: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
A good woman. But she badly soiled her reputation in the latter part of her life when she joined politics
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by siempere(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Florblu:
Wow!Applaudise
This is the real Applaudise my sista....
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by bizza45: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Igbo's are funny o , she is not d one with d highest award , its dangote ..... una dey hail am cos she open her own...... go check una facts , dangote got about 3200 awards ..... don't compare them both plz

1 Like

Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by obailala(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Txonyi:
she fought corruption without making noise!
she made the zoo proud but got killed for it
this is what NK keeps saying
any SE/SS man/woman that serves the zoo will reap disgrace as a reward!
Very pathetic way for a human to reason!

Several people of integrity have served and served very well, they were never killed nor disgraced and can never be killed nor disgraced because their records speak for them; Prof Akunyili is a sound example of such persons who will be remembered for generations. Only shady characters, crooks and societal misfits (and their supporters) are likely to be disgraced.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by lakefist(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
supereagle:

Thank you my brother.For me i always ignore these F00ls
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by The0d0ra(f): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
Wohw..soo proud of my namesake!..
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Eeroh95(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
It's is great.... But the award wey Nigeria dey give dey VEX me like mad..... Kpako Award.... Believe MA papa don collect. Many award... Assuming they were gold.... I for dey smile every morning when I look at it instead whenever I look at them, I go be like(daddy is this what you call award)
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by kaylivin(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=Txonyi post=46494141]even wole soyinka no come close.......................... it will take all the AWARDS OF Tinubu, SOYINKA, FFK, OSINBADE AND ALL YORUBA PEOPLE WITH THEIR ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS to equal this woman's achievements but guess what, IGBOS DONT MAKE NOISE ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL OR SUCCESS! we let our JAMB SCORES, BIG CARS, HIGH CUT OFF MARKS, HIT TRACKS speak for us!
proudly onye IGBO
proudly onye ANAMBRA!
show me any state that has a higher cut off mark than anambra in ALL LEVELS OF EDUCATION
show me a state that has produced more FAMOUS PEOPLE than anambra
if you want names, try me
ANAMBRA ALONE BEATS THE WHOLE SW NC NE NW put together!
now add IMO ABIA EBONYI DELTA RIVERS AK CR BAYELSA
and you will see the reason people wanna die whenever SE/SS talk unity![/quote r u joking , so with ur education u do not realise that the headline was just a bate to make the article fun ,,, she does not have half of soyinkas award .. ]
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by greatestman(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
Txonyi:
even wole soyinka no come close.......................... it will take all the AWARDS OF Tinubu, SOYINKA, FFK, OSINBADE AND ALL YORUBA PEOPLE WITH THEIR ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS to equal this woman's achievements but guess what, IGBOS DONT MAKE NOISE ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL OR SUCCESS! we let our JAMB SCORES, BIG CARS, HIGH CUT OFF MARKS, HIT TRACKS speak for us!
proudly onye IGBO
proudly onye ANAMBRA!
show me any state that has a higher cut off mark than anambra in ALL LEVELS OF EDUCATION
and you will see the reason people wanna die whenever SE/SS talk unity!

Is a Pity that one HAUSA /FULANI dictate what happens to such people.. His decisions and in decisions affects all. I think use should your brain now..
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by brenister10: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
Txonyi:
even wole soyinka no come close.......................... it will take all the AWARDS OF Tinubu, SOYINKA, FFK, OSINBADE AND ALL YORUBA PEOPLE WITH THEIR ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS to equal this woman's achievements but guess what, IGBOS DONT MAKE NOISE ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL OR SUCCESS! we let our JAMB SCORES, BIG CARS, HIGH CUT OFF MARKS, HIT TRACKS speak for us!
proudly onye IGBO
proudly onye ANAMBRA!

I am ashamed to be ethnically associated with you. Even Madam Dora will not be happy with you where she is right now. Enough of ethnic sentiment and bigotry. Receive sense in Jesus name
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
huntila:
Super Dora. A true hero of Nigeria. She deserved it
How many she come carry go? This world na indeed vanity upon vanity.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
Adeevah:

And that is bcoz u av no sense to comprehend a simple english grama

#FOH
you made an incomplete statement. what you wrote was a phrase
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by missyadorable(f): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
lacasera14:
wow, woman of substance, no cleavage baring, no Mary Kay and Brazilian hair unlike lazy Nigerian women who feels every boy is owing them. Buy me this buy me that, you are supposed to take me out, you are supposed to buy me this see your fellow woman who's made, even in death she can still even receive post humous award her children can take it for her. Nigerian women alive how many awards have you?

Why do you sound so pained? Ask your mother how many awards she has!
Gosh!
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Starlet50(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
amtaken:
To God be all glory.
See how this one is bringing up Tribal Differences even on social media

When exactly will u realise dat whether Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa....we are all NIGERIANS
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by mercyville: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
Txonyi:
proudly onye IGBO
proudly onye ANAMBRA!
If your generations born and unborn can make 1/40 of the achievements of the yorubas,then you should do a great thanksgiving.Kudos to Dora but wetin be the names of these awards.Awards get level o.One Wole soyinka AWARD is more than 1000 Dora Akunyili's award.Do you know that some unknown musicians get awards more than anybody in Nigeria?Awards wey some of them get from clubs,societies,streets etc pass Obama own.
You want names?
HERE ARE SOME...TECHNOCRATS ONLY.NO MUSICIAN,NO BUSINESSMAN ETC.IF WE GO FOR MUSICIAN, BUSINESSMAN ETC...YORUBA WOULD STILL COME TOPS.
I LOVE THIS GAME grin grin

[b]Yorubas are the head, never the tail. Here are a few of Yorubas who have comfortably enshrined their names in the record book.Teslim Elias-First and only Nigerian President of the World Court,Prof Bola Ajibola-The only First and only Nigerian to have headed the UNO, Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor -Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa -Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of Mathematics in Africa -Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African professor of Geology -Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a Pulitzer prize -Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female Helicopter Pilot -William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in 1905 -Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of law in West Africa -Kofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive an undergraduate degree from Oxford University -Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest African PHD Holder in Mathematics -Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics professor in Africa and also the first black African to be named a fellow of the Geological society of London -Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to win a Nobel prize for literature -Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian professor of anatomy -Taslim Elias is the first African to be president of the International Court of Justice (World Court) -Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion designer to stage a show twice at the New York Fashion Week -Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro- surgery in Nigeria. -Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian law firm -I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE -Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria -Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro- radiologist -Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa. -Dr. Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria. Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first Nigerian Chartered Accountant -Latola Films was the 1st film production company in Nigeria -Prof. Ilesanmi Adesida, is the first black Vice- Chancellor in an american unversity -Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own a boutique in Nigeria -Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an Olympic medal -Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female Professor of Computer Science. -Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine in Nigeria -Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to qualify as a chartered accountant -Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining engineer in Nigeria -Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland -Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate of Nigeria -Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female Doctor-1937 -Helen Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist to win a Grammy-1986 -Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor of History -Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first professor of psychiatry. -Engineer Dr. (Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering -Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female professor in Nigeria -Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female industrialist -Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect 1952 -Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed Forces (2 Star) Major General: -Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female Chartered Accountant in Nigeria -George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more mathematics papers than any other Black mathematician in history -Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win the most prestigious award for young mathematics researchers in the United States and the first black woman to publish an article in the Annals of Mathematics -Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the Welcome Prize in Medicine......[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
That's how one stupid girl was telling me to send her recharge cards if I want her to call me as she ones not have any cos I spend kist 150 dollars for her one night. She claims ahe get job ooo.after dat night no calls.very jobless girls. Most obdem are worthless and they don't deserve any pampering.

Na woman be this stand in front of her achievement and awards. The only awards the have is the receipt from hospital for abortions they have done. How can you be asking a guy you met just a week ago for regathering card and silly stuffs?

Idiota does not want to knack but needs money. Now she has travelld to Abeokuta so can't see me during d week so I will send transport fare abi?

I v women of honor I del with but sometimes there is a Yoruba suing that

Aso nla ko ni eyan n la. With all her Brazil wigs and phones,worthless girl asking me for change.

I hail you Mrs Dora. Na women be dis.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by oojehshez(f): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
truly and totally deserved
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by fairheven: 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
irunooboo:
Dora remains a failure in the eyes of patriotic Nigerians undecided her so called achievement in NAFDAC has been dwarfed by the present yoruba woman holding the position. She only allowed easterners to import fake drugs into the country then and they keep singing her praises. No wonder she died as a result of fake drugs. I pity that Woman sad

I thought you have sense.. but now cry
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by ayindejimmy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Txonyi:
proudly onye IGBO
proudly onye ANAMBRA!

Igbos dont brag....what exactly are you doing, rapping?

I cant take anything away from Dora. She was an Amazon. Sadly , she could not win a common senatorial seat in Anambra. That tells a lot about the values of her people.

The only person that towers highly above her in my book is Chief Gani Fawehinmi.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by jahsharon: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
irunooboo:

The above is not the opinion of Yorubas, just the opinion of a disgruntled soul. I don't know what challenges you are facing in life that made you to type such rubbish about the wonderful woman of no equal, but as a fellow Yoruba man, I will put you in prayers so that you don't become another Kemi Olunloyo who has been disgracing the Yoruba race all over the world with her unstable mental state. Dora Akunyili has no equal, even her enemies cannot deny that.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by bikefab(m): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
The only de-tribalised Nigerian. RIP nwanyi oma.
Re: Dora Akunyili Had The Highest Number Of Awards In Nigeria by Adeevah(m): 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
DikeOha882:
you made an incomplete statement. what you wrote was a phrase

I don't knw when nairaland became a testing ground for one's writing/reading abilities

Go get a class bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Daughter, Zahra Meets With Bill Gates At UN General Assembly / See What Nigeria and Dubai Plan to do in the Nearest Future / PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.