Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,412 members, 7,901,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:59 AM

Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) (57948 Views)

Residents Kill Dog That Killed 50 Goats & Sheep In Kenya (Photos) / Posthumous Award For The Dog That Foiled Boko Haram Suicide Bombing In Borno / Shocking Video Of A Woman Breastfeeding Her Dog That Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
labakeJ:
Um...well......technically.....*clears throat....u know... lipsrsealed
I.e You didn't go to church. Any genuine reason? the rain perhaps?
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ReabridCharles(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
WriteBoy:

I am not in the mood to go to the underworld to find an answer -- Your name alone; "Rabid Charles" tells me all I need to know.

tongue tongue tongue lipsrsealed undecided kiss grin grin grin
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by GOODNESS2020: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
I think the next thing should be embalmment and preparation for befitting burial
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by labakeJ(f): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I.e You didn't go to church. Any genuine reason? the rain perhaps?
Nah woke up late
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
labakeJ:
Nah woke up late
Silly excuse, I'll slap you.
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by mike404(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
ReabridCharles:
That's the reason I like BINGO.

Bone no fit kill bingo. E never see bone chop na the one to kill am go come kill am.

Bingo will not die. Bingos are the only dogs that outlive der owners.

Wanna know how I knew? Ask my father, he had a BINGO
YOU MEAN EKUUKE
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by airsaylongcon: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
ceaser:
Is it standard procedure in vet medicine not to get gowned during a post mortem? Your assistant, I presume, was appropriately gowned for the procedure.

I was wondering the same. Even the assistant is not gowned. That's a lab coat at best. The surgical table itself begs for questions.

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by bobkezel(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
That dog no be original dog joor, na china. My grandma dog de use bone do chewing gum. Even my neighbours' dogs as well. Their object of play na bone. Them de use bone do hide and seek, and u go de watch de bone decreasing in size before ur eyes. Doing it for so long now yet no casualty whatsoever. All these china dogs sef.

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by labakeJ(f): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Silly excuse, I'll slap you.
cheesy beht y
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
labakeJ:
cheesy beht y
If Sunday service was a priority to you, you would've programmed yourself to wake up early.
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Are those Nigerian Flies?
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by labakeJ(f): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Omoluabi16:
If Sunday service was a priority to you, you would've programmed yourself to wake up early.
Won't make that mistake next week sir smiley
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
labakeJ:
Won't make that mistake next week sir smiley
you better not.
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Sampunk(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
femo86:
Wetin go happen to the flesh now
Meat don set for some people be that ooo for this hard time
LOL
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
ReabridCharles:
That's the reason I like BINGO.

Bone no fit kill bingo. E never see bone chop na the one to kill am go come kill am.

Bingo will not die. Bingos are the only dogs that outlive der owners.

Wanna know how I knew? Ask my father, he had a BINGO
Hahaha funny u cheesy

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by paix(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
loomer:
See flies for ur vet clinic abi na hospital
Maybe the dog ate the flies as well.

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
ndujekwu:
Desist From Giving Your Pets Big Bones And Kitchen Remnants

I came around, asked a few questions, and discovered that the dog was most active before they went to bed. No evidence of poisoning neither on the nor in the kennel. So I commenced with the PM.

I need a general examination on the carcass, before I opened up the carcass. The intestines were relatively empty, likewise stomach. I proceeded to the thoracic cavity, with thorough examination on the various structures. Fortunately, on palpating the oesophagus (at the junction of the diaphragm), I saw the unfortunate bone hooked there, with a puncture on the wall of the oesophagus. Alas!!! That answered it all

Below are images of the Post-Mortem (PM)

Nice one bro cool

2 Likes

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by owagbeba: 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
banmee:

You have to respect the way Nigerians do business. It is still a wonder to me that the whole country has not been wiped out from some strange virus. Nigeria is an unbelievably dirty country. In a sane country, dem no go born am well to put that picture up on the internet for fear say the health department go withdraw im license but this is Nigeria we are talking about.

I'm also surprised that no superbug has hit us yet considering the level of filth here. The filth is passed around by our filthy naira notes. Come to think of it what could be the reason we have not had any major epidemic in our urban centers?

2 Likes

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
banmee:

You have to respect the way Nigerians do business. It is still a wonder to me that the whole country has not been wiped out from some strange virus. Nigeria is an unbelievably dirty country. In a sane country, dem no go born am well to put that picture up on the internet for fear say the health department go withdraw im license but this is Nigeria we are talking about.

The first problem was that the operating table was not covered with a disposable waterproof or polythene material before slicing the carcass open.

So seeing the housefly didnt bother me.

3 Likes

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by loomer: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
paix:
Maybe the dog ate the flies as well.

Chai, u bad sha

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by saad4real(m): 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Good job LIKITA, proudly vet...

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ndujekwu(m): 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
loomer:

Oga/madam.... Read the post very well, and decipher urself if it's a clinic or a house.

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ndujekwu(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
Rushtec:
See fly inside d operating room. So poor

Choi.... blessed are those who read/see and understand, for they shall be wise

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ndujekwu(m): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
banmee:

Oga, u too like English. Autopsy/PM ain't surgery. Necropsy can be done anywhere, as long as it's out of reach of non-professionals with the safety of people considered. Learn, and stop spitting trash.... post it on W.H.O website, and I would invite u to my dinner invite 4rm them

#noSENSE

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by simonco(m): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
loomer:

The learning point there should be a food for thought for you and not the flies. Bad belly

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Skelewu: 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
labakeJ:
grin Twas just a joke o...love being a female smiley

And cream? no thanks am good wink

Alright. wink
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by banmee(m): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
ndujekwu:

Oga, u too like English. Autopsy/PM ain't surgery. Necropsy can be done anywhere, as long as it's out of reach of non-professionals with the safety of people considered. Learn, and stop spitting trash.... post it on W.H.O website, and I would invite u to my dinner invite 4rm them

#noSENSE

Yes. You are right. An autopsy can be done anywhere where the mentality is of a dirty nature like Nigeria. Just like it is normal to you that flies should be around where an autopsy is conducted. This is the real danger of being a Nigerian living in Nigeria. The country destroys the way it's citizen think. They are so out of touch with the way normal people live and do things. I will pray that you have the opportunity for exposure before you grow old.
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dear Dr. Ndujekwu,

1. You should have at least lay a news paper on the table before commencing your p.m; I believe the table is your examination table!
2. If you will post the pictures to the internet, at least try to promote your practice... What was the Razor Blade used for? Oh!! Your Scalpel blade broke, and you had to make do with the available... Keep it away from the camera!!!
3. Where is your lab coat? Your assistant had one on. The lab coat would help restrict an infectious organism to your clinic; since you won't be wearing it around town, to the restaurant or bank.
4. Your p.m skills ain't perfected yet, or at least that is what I can pick from the pictures! The site looked clumsy and messy. The furs of the dog were in the visceral regions. I mean, you could wet the furs with soapy water before commencing your post mortem.
5. Did you take samples to the lab for organ function tests? Blood tests? Urine test? Well then, you don't have a confirmatory diagnosis... Maybe next time, you should say... "Suspected cause of death" even when you know it is probably 99.89% cause of death.
Thanks
NiftyViva.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by loomer: 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
simonco:

The learning point there should be a food for thought for you and not the flies. Bad belly
ndujekwu:
which one be bad belle, I see wrong make I no talk?

Oga/madam.... Read the post very well, and decipher urself if it's a clinic or a house.

Oga stop speaking big grammar, look well u go know say na clinic be that
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by LEXYCOM: 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
If you are able to remove the bone from d dog, pls y can't the dog come back to life? Just wondering
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by sanyahkod(m): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
Atleast the autopsy saved him from holding unnecessary grudge against his neighbors.

Lesson: Always get to the bottom of the matter before passing your judgement. Never be in haste to jump into conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Baroba(m): 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
owagbeba:

I'm also surprised that no superbug has hit us yet considering the level of filth here. The filth is passed around by our filthy naira notes. Come to think of it what could be the reason we have not had any major epidemic in our urban centers?

Am equally amazed, Nigerians must have developed the strongest immune system known to mankind over the years.. The sort of filth we see in peoples neighborhood ( especially those gutters) would have wiped out a generation in Europe..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos) / Gorillas Pose For Selfies With Anti-poaching Rangers In Congo (Photos) / Dog Walk Held In Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.