Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,574 members, 7,921,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:36 PM

How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators (583 Views)

Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators by anike85: 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
“Mayday! Mayday!” The mythical call of a distressing child. She could be the next target and he could be the next victim. Save your child today.

It is a known fact that our children are more exposed to sexual predators in this age. What is so sickening about this is that it could happen to anybody. Even the children of the most observant and vigilant parents could be preyed upon. But cheer up, something could be done. One of my friends would say, “Suspicion is a sin”. Is that how you feel too?

Well, there truly should be a limit to the act of suspicion lest one becomes paranoid. When it comes to the subject of this discourse however, no stone should be left unturned. Sadly, the bad news is 90% of sexual predators are people that the children love and trust. It could be in the school, daycare centre, place of worship, in the neighborhood, even in one’s own house! Yes. The good news is sexual predators have traits that could be identified.
IDENTIFYING POTENTIAL PREDATORS

– They select children that are vulnerable and easily trusting.

– They get close with the child by display of affection, and pretending to play with them.

– They give generous gifts and make the child feel special.

– They gradually isolate and spend time alone with the child.

– They encourage the child to keep secret from parent/guardians.

– They seduce the child gradually.

By the foregoing then, we can actually derive the method to identify these monsters. So whenever you notice any of these actions toward your ward, act fast to protect your ward.

BE YOUR WARD’S TRUSTED LINE OF COMMUNICATION

When your children trust you completely, they will innocently tell you very thing that happens to them.

READ AND KNOW YOUR WARD’S MOOD

When you can successfully read and understand your child’s mood, you would be able to know when they are keeping secret from you or when they are troubled.
TEACH YOUR WARD TO ACT FAST

Teach your child to act whenever they feel uneasy with someone. Train them never to be too shy to leave or boldly say no whenever they feel awkward or uncomfortable with anyone.

GIVE A SOLID FOUNDATION OF SEX EDUCATION TO YOUR WARDS

A convicted child molester once said, “Give me a child who knows nothing about sex and you’ve given me my next victim.” That is chilling! Sadly, many parents shy away from discussing sex with their children right from childhood, terming such moment as awkward. That should not be so.
There are ways to do this without the child feeling disturbed or embarrassed at the same time understanding the importance and seriousness of the subject.

Our next article will teach you how to do this successfully.

AVOID DISPLAY OF ADULT PRIVATE PART IN FRONT OF YOUR WARDS

Never allow your children the comfort of seeing adult private parts, especially that of the opposite sex. Children are so naïve and innocent and might not be alarmed if, having been exposed to seeing such back home, someone bares a private part of opposite sex in front of them. Aren’t they used to seeing it after all? So what is the big deal they may feel? Of course as they grow older, they might be curious as to what it actually looks like, and gradually, be curious as to what it actually feels like. That is why sex education is a step by step process that should be discussed with children right from tender age.
Continue Reading:http://mywardandi.com.ng/2016/06/07/how-to-teach-your-child-to-identify-and-avoid-sexual-predators/
Re: How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators by Thunderlicious: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Property of Space Bookers Association
Re: How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators by damoneymag(m): 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
ok noted

If i catch any child molestor eehh.. Chai i go cut him d*ck give am make him chop
Re: How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators by Flexherbal(m): 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
OP, thanks for contributing your part.
Re: How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators by Disneylady(f): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Nice
Re: How To Teach Your Child To Identify And Avoid Sexual Predators by plumule(m): 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
my future child will be lucky to have me as a father;;;; thanks op

(1) (Reply)

African Man Fortified Himself With Beautiful Attorneys As Daughters (PHOTOS) / Vneck Maternity Dress On Sale At Micostar Mall / As A Man, Can You Live In The House Your Wife Built?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.