Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:47 PM

Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing (1655 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC / A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by sorepco(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
Petrol price falling, now sells between N130 and N145 • Low consumption forcing price down

Written by: Olatunde Dodondawa- Lagos 
Monday, June 13, 2016

advertisement

TOP HEADLINES

I planned to make 50% of vehicles on Nigerian roads run on natural gas by now - Obasanjo

Petrol price falling, now sells between N130 and N145 • Low consumption forcing price down

NAF graduates 77 intelligence personnel

Uneasy calm in military as more top officers are to go

Shuaibu Amodu: Nigerian football so unfair to me

There are strong indications that low consumption, low turnover and competition may have forced marketers to sell premium motor spirit (PMS) otherwise called petrol below N145 per litre.

Nigerian Tribune gathered on Sunday that marketers, especially the independent ones were now selling petrol between N130 and N143 per litre depending on the area and the marketers.

NIPCo filling station at Fadeyi bus stop, on Ikorodu Road was selling petrol at N143 per litre, while NNPC Retail Station at Igando was selling at N135 per litre as on Sunday.

Al Rakin, College Road Ogba, Ikeja sold at N140.

In Ibadan, BOVAS, Odo ona, Dove, Ring Road, Diltop, Akala Expressway, offf New Garage all sold at N140, while a filling station at Olorunsogo, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway sold at N143 and another at Orita-Aperin sold at N140.

However, all major marketers, including MRS, TOTAL, MOBIL, CONOIL, FORTE were selling at N145 per litre.

In a telephone conversation with the Nigerian Tribune, on Sunday, the Public Relations Officer, Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), Western Zone, Alhaji Abdul Lateef Jaiyeola, stated that "firstly, that is the outcome of deregulation, whereby competition will force down the price. Secondly, our members are recording low consumption and patronage from motorists. Those who used to sell 100,000 litres (equivalent of three trucks) daily are now finding it difficult to sell 33,000 litres daily."

However, he stated that products from private depot owners were now cheaper and available than products from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Spokesman of NIPCO Plc, Alhaji Taofeek Lawal, told Nigerian Tribune, that "that is what deregulation brings to the sector. We sell at N134 per litre from the depot at Apapa. Any of our dealers can add N6-N7 per litre as margin after, adding transportation cost of let's say N2 per litre. The one at Fadeyi bus stop can decide to sell below N143 per litre it is selling if he considers turnover because we deal in volume.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, at two Town Hall meetings in Lagos, recently, assured Nigerians that after six month, competition would force down pump price of fuel and that the government would improve domestic refining capacity by ensuring the three refineries were working to complement imported products by the NNPC and marketers.

Efforts to speak with Executive Secretary of Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN), Mr Femi Olawore, proved abortive, as his number was not available as at time of this report.

http://odili.net/news/source/2016/jun/13/602.html
by Taboola 
vira
Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by EMMYLBANKS(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
good to know
Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by teekay213(m): 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
cheesy grin
Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by Timolanki(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ok.
Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by babdap: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
When petrol are now being sold below 145 NLC let go on strike. I warn NLC to leave shit for LAWMA, rather than agitating for the payments of salaries in most state and enhanced minimum wage .

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by Hamxas: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
[size=8pt][/size b4 hw much e b
Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by Rossikk(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
great news.
Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by shukuokukobambi: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
One useless filling station near my area that was notorious for selling only black market back in the days has been struggling to see cars enter there to buy since this new price came. They took it to N143, then to N140 yet no show.

I don declare with my anointed mouth that na sleep the attendants go dey sleep until dey apologize to everybody they fleeced during the days of scarcity angry

God bless Nigeria and no where else cool

6 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by bolafex(f): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
True. Got it for #140.00 yesterday and was wondering.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by PassingShot(m): 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Let's hope this is sustained. Soon, it will be 130 per liter, uniform price.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by Kx: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Caveat emptor.

Most of the fuel stations are doing ojoro with the Qty while adjusting the price per litre to deceive unsuspecting buyers.

I bought 143 along Lag Ibd express this weekend, yes Fagbems to be precise, and I regreted falling for the 2 naira supposed price reduction.

I have resolved to buy 145 per litre at major dealers stations than less at some mushroom stations after that experience.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by mytime24(f): 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ok, bt nt gud enough angry

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by alizma: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
by the time this government spend two and half years, wailers would have been beginning our Bubu to contest again. I am not discouraged by the earlier hardship that I have to face.
the sweetness of bitter cola last longer in the throat than it's bitter taste.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Falling, Now Sells Between N130 And N145 • Low Consumption Forcing by wristbangle: 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
shukuokukobambi:
One useless filling station near my area that was notorious for selling only black market back in the days has been struggling to see cars enter there to buy since this new price came. They took it to N143, then to N140 yet no show.

I don declare with my anointed mouth that na sleep the attendants go dey sleep until dey apologize to everybody they fleeced during the days of scarcity angry

God bless Nigeria and no where else cool

cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

After Patience Jonathan, We Will Go After Banks: EFCC / Where Is Former Vice President Namadi Sambo? / Exposed : How Efcc's Magu And Sahara Reporters Peddle Lies To The Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.