Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,295 members, 7,913,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:14 AM

Extortion Of Driver's Licence Applicants By VIO At Ojodu Berger - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Extortion Of Driver's Licence Applicants By VIO At Ojodu Berger (1127 Views)

3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion / Badoo Kills Lovers At Ojodu Berger / Soldier Beats VIO Officers At Yaba Rail Line, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Extortion Of Driver's Licence Applicants By VIO At Ojodu Berger by pmadise(m): 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
On Friday I proceeded for renewal of my Driver's Licence at Ojodu Berger after paying N6,350 online on https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org as attached excluding sensitive data.

When I got there with my printed copy of the application attached), there was no issue with MVAA (Motor Vehicle Administration Agency). They confirmed my payment and cleared my application and was referred to VIO (Vehicle Inspection Office).

On getting there, VIO asked me for N1,000 of which I protested that it's 2nd renewal and more so I've paid online. They said I must pay and that others are paying. Therefore, I demanded what I was payment for and one of the ladies told me that N500 is for CD and the other (N500) is for listing. For the avoidance of doubt, I got my original DL in 2010 and 1st renewal in 2013 so I'm not meant to be treated like a learner so why must I keep buying VIO CDs? I started driving with uncaptured DL since 2005 which gives me over 11yrs driving experience. Why ask me to buy CD to study road signs and driving instructions when mine is 2nd renewal? I told the lady that I have 3 of same CDs in my car of which she demanded to see before excluding it. I managed to convince her but what if i didnt ask any question? They later told me that the other N500 is for driving test exam, initially they called it listing. I laughed aloud because I observed they were only after the money. Driving test exam fee for 2nd renewal applicant? Believe me, most people are so desperate for the DL and VIO is taking advantage of this fact to extort applicants.

To cut long story short I didnt pay a dime again because i involved Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC) and when it was eventually signed I proceeded for my capturing at FRSC which was very smooth and timely. Luckily for me, I only paid the official amount of N6,350 and it was online.

My summation is that VIO officials are very rude, very money conscious and are the major bottleneck in obtaining original DL especially at Ojodu Berger. Could you imagine the amount they are raking in for doing almost nothing?

Are you guys having the same experience in other centers especially outside Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Extortion Of Driver's Licence Applicants By VIO At Ojodu Berger by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 14, 2016
There's one thing you can't take away from this country. It is CORRUPTION!
Re: Extortion Of Driver's Licence Applicants By VIO At Ojodu Berger by jarkbauer: 5:56am On Jun 26, 2016
NICE!!

(1) (Reply)

Help I Caught My Father Bonking My Own Sister And Don’t Know What To Do / Let Us Be Security Conscious, My Neigbour Was Just Robbed Now / See Photos Of Man Who Gunmen Came For In Ozubulu Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.