Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:25 PM

Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends (1123 Views)

Lilian Esoro Having Fun With Her Friends On A Desert In Dubai(Photos) / Tboss: "I Don't Blame Kemen For Touching Me Without Consent, I Mean Look At Me” / DJ Cuppy: "Victor Anichebe And I Broke Up Because Of Distance" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Woman A gets cancer.

She tells everyone, and I mean everyone...
All her friends and family. She tells everyone in her church, she tells her new neighbours who moved in, she tells literally everyone. Even when she was trying to sell her house, she told her estate agency.

Is it the best?

I can come across as stubborn as I always think I know best, but is this (my) viewpoint not better?
In a situation like this, you only tell your true family members e.g. siblings and very close friends.

You don't know who is who, who is secretly rejoicing. I also don't like the idea of people pitying woman A and her family, and having so much access to their personal life - woman A family is an open book.

Or am I wrong?

I just feel that the way she went about this is not the best, why should she tell everyone? NO it is not nothing to be ashamed about and it is not a secret, but it is good for in situations like this just tell close family and close friends, I don't like the family to become a pity party or open book.

The people she have told have all been so supportive, cooking/helping/praying/giving her lots and lots of money - but I just feel it degrades her and she has now become a charity case.

Or am I wrong? Please I am young and willing to take correction.

If a girl goes to a night vigil someone will think that is good, but if woman A daughter goes to night vigil people will look at her like "aw poor girl she is going to prayer for her mother" they now will just associate this family with sickness and pity.

Or am I wrong?
Re: Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends by blessedvisky(m): 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
She might be a talkative right from time..
Re: Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
but is it the nigerian way?

blessedvisky:
She might be a talkative right from time..
Re: Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends by blessedvisky(m): 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Obiageli1993:
but is it the nigerian way?

Its her mentality and attitude, nothing Nigerian about that. It's possible to be citizens of the same country, even indigenes of the same town, and have different behaviour.
Re: Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends by ringi82(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
It appears to me that this Woman A you are referring to is really close to you,Like a blood relation.

1 Like

Re: Woman A Gets Cancer. She Tells Everyone, And I Mean Everyone... All Her Friends by leahcimzil: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
woman A does it, becos she wants pity. We are only human after all

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Mercy Aigbe Celebrates Her Daughter As She Celebrates Another Year / 10 Things You Need To Know About Oc Ukeje As He Clocks 35 Years Today / Yung V - The Little Lil Keshi Download His Song And See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.