Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,206 members, 7,891,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:41 AM

Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala (3838 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Outstrip(f): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2009
I wonder if there is an issue with fasting because even as a child growing up I have always heard stories of people breaking their fast and then dying shortly after and it was usually the ramandan fast. Is there something in particular that muslims eat or drink that might make an empty stomach become toxic? Does anyone know
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Jarus(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2009
Just left the police station now. Saw the man and tears almost dropped from my eyes. I'm new in this area but people attest to his innocence. That's how he feeds people as charity during Ramadan every year. Maybe he was innocently supplied killer am flour to make the amala.

Saw the wealthy philanthropist in handcuffs and almost cried. He is a very popular man and fuji Musician Wasiu Ayinde once praise-sang his name. . I wont mention the name.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Jarus(m): 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
@outstrip,
You can eat any food to break your fast or as sahur, in as much as the food is ordinarily legitimate i.e halal. I've neva heard of anybody dying of fasting or from breaking fast all my life.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by mecylee(f): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
una sure say na only amala bi dat thing we dem chop sooo
God dey
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by rickie4us(m): 1:08am On Aug 30, 2009
NAFDAC, where are u?
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by bilymuse: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2009
"Saw the wealthy philanthropist in handcuffs and almost cried. He is a very popular man and fuji Musician Wasiu Ayinde once praise-sang his name. . I wont mention the name."

Instead of the police to properly investigate the matter tracing the source of the amala and the precessing process, they wont bother. Instead they would throw the man in cell, distort the case and suck him dry.

His faith depend on who he know or how rich he his. No justice
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Kelvinj(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2009
instead of putting blames on anybody, let NAFDAC investigate well.
Make una no suprise say soon dem go ban amala.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by 3kay945(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2009
what fasting does?,, it help and aids ur spiritual maturity and development needed for salvation. be u christian or muslim!.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by 3kay945(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2009
sure the man has to be arrested but i see no relevant of handcuff due to the reason that he does that every+year. dis may deter many ppl from helpin d poor. since the man is rich accordin to u guys, he wil regain his freedom soon.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by bennsul(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2009
I dont know why we usually get distracted from the matter at hand, the issue has nothing to do with fasting, the timing of the food or the type of food. the matter is that people got poisoned from eating food, investigation should be to determine the source of the poison, if its in house or if it stems from the source of purchase, this would help to prevent any spread of the poisoning which could well be in garri, semovita or any food by now.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Epi: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2009
@poster

They should investigate the cooks, something fishy I say
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by darlsharl: 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2009
Epi:

@poster

They should investigate the cooks, something fishy I say
Not only the cook, the wealthy man should watch his back!
he should investigate properly, even his close relatives should not be spared, every one from seller to cooks are suspects.
NAFDAC, pls make una no relent o
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Jarus(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2009
An issue like this, involving death, will go beyond emotion, no matter how innocent the man is. I personally believe the man is innocent and was only doing his philantropy which he had been doing for years,but what it unfortunately degenerated into  is too grave(already national) for the authorities to work on moral argument.

Even if the authorities(Police, government) themselves know, presumably, that the man is inocent, it has to be investigated and facts brought out before being let off the hook or at least he may be granted bail.

The cook, the supplier of the yam flour etc all have to be investigated, who knows it could be that yam flour was contaminated. NAFDAC should be brought in.

I pity the man sha.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Epi: 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2009
Jarus:

who knows it could be that yam flour was contaminated. NAFDAC should be brought in.
I think you are on to something here. I never even thought about this and I think you are right about the contamination. There is no way an owner is going to jeopardize his business, so I personally think he is innocent
darlsharl:

Not only the cook, the wealthy man should watch his back!
I know when we are mad we think the worst but you should be careful what your type on the web. what you type can instigate others to do harm to the "target" and his family before before proven innocent/guilty. undecided You never know, there are some crazy people out their. After reading Jarus repsonse, I am agreeing with him. I think the yam flour was contaminated
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by greateliso(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2009
amala
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2009
walks into thread  with amala shocked shocked shocked throws away the amala
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by 3kay945(m): 2:26am On Aug 31, 2009
contaminated food is nt new in 9ja, u and i can guess d cause o o, i pray justice is done cos only GOD can perfect JUSTICE not man.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Anabel(f): 5:37am On Aug 31, 2009
see as two of them dey disgrace themselves like small children wey dey fight for seat 4 party. see una mouth like the big pot wey them dey take turn amala 4 party.
the other time it was beans, naw its amala. are we sure God wants people to observe this ramadan because some people are fasting becos others are, they dont really know wat it means.
after 30days of being Holy, they resume their bad characters. Am from a muslim home sha, but naw i have found a good friend in JESUS. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by tpia5: 5:50am On Aug 31, 2009
people can die after breaking a prolonged fast (not the case here), but the whole thing sounds like poisoning to me.

I could be wrong however.

Adedibu fed his boys amala for decades and we didnt hear any reports of death among them due to amala.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by justfash50: 7:40am On Aug 31, 2009
@ ANABEL

What does ur new believe got to do with the story of AMALA, Please if u have nothing sensible to add in order to save more lives please do urself a favour by keeeeeeping Quiiiiiiiet.tsheeeeeeeeeew
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by biggaboy: 8:29am On Aug 31, 2009
It quite unfortunate for the man, giving foods to the poor during ramadan is among things Almight Allah encourage us to do especially during fasting in order to benefit much in Ramadan. HE created us , so definately HE knows everybody intention.

People should think abt about it , the man too is affected , meaning some thing somewhere is wrong with the food or someone is after the man,
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by redsun(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2009
PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE-Nigerians obstinately believe that there a short cut to this statement,that is why they believe in miracles and starving themselves in the name of holiness even when they are naturally starved out of their own stupidity.

Even exported nigerian beans are full of weevils,talk less of the food money-miss-road rich man is giving to destitutes.

Food safety check and control is alien to the system and they are clamoring to stay alive,miracle,eeh.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Nezan(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2009
Very unfortunate.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by biggaboy: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2009
redsun:

PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE-Nigerians obstinately believe that there a short cut to this statement,that is why they believe in miracles and starving themselves in the name of holiness even when they are naturally starved out of their own stupidity.

Even exported nigerian beans are full of weevils,talk less of the food money-miss-road rich man is giving to destitutes.

Food safety check and control is alien to the system and they are clamoring to stay alive,miracle,eeh.

Guy, you are harsh. You may not believe in fasting but that does not mean people should follow you, Your are who you are , as people belong to different faiths,

What happened can occure anytime , anywhere. How sure are you that the foodstuff we are buying in the market is secure consumption?
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Agbo2(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2009
Guys,

From personal experience I would tell you the Amala was simply poisoned.
I had visitors sometimes last month and my wife prepared and served them Amala she newly bought from the market.
within 2hours, my visitors were rolling on the floor foaming and jerking at the same time.
we quickly rushed them to the hospital and they were hospitalized for days but thank God none of them died.

Investigations revealed that the Amala was poisoned during storage to preserve and also keep them from Rodents.
The Amala was not meant to be sold out until after 6months when the poison would have been ineffective.

Since then, nothing like Amala in my home again not even in the nearest future.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Jarus(m): 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2009
thank God else ur own case would have also reached NL.
Maybe the amala come from the same stock wt d current killer one
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by PurestBoy(m): 11:43pm On Aug 31, 2009
ifedy:

walks into thread  with amala shocked shocked shocked throws away the amala

Continue fooling yasef
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by sweetcheek(f): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2009
@redsun, ignorance is not an excuse for the sin you are committing by uttering all this things, because your are not a believer does not mean that you should abuse people who believe.

Observing ramadan is a agelong religious practise and you have no excuse to run your mouth the way you are running it now. This is not the first time this man is doing this good deed by feeding people during Sari, its just a pity this had to happen now.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Jezgirl(f): 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2009
Agbo2:

Guys,

From personal experience I would tell you the Amala was simply poisoned.
I had visitors sometimes last month and my wife prepared and served them Amala she newly bought from the market.
within 2hours, my visitors were rolling on the floor foaming and jerking at the same time.
we quickly rushed them to the hospital and they were hospitalized for days but thank God none of them died.

Investigations revealed that the Amala was poisoned during storage to preserve and also keep them from Rodents.
The Amala was not meant to be sold out until after 6months when the poison would have been ineffective.

Since then, nothing like Amala in my home again not even in the nearest future.

I totally support wot Agbo2 wrote, dats exactly wot i was told jus last saturday 4rm a relative, i fink the yam flour was preserved but sold out before the right time, dats exactly wot i heard also, so ppl shld stop blamin d innocent people here,
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by Chookym(m): 11:55am On Sep 02, 2009
This issue should not be alowed to die down like that to avoid more innocent citizens loosing their lives. It actually hapened a sone thro from my house and I wasnt a good thing at all. i suspect food poisoning. since the lady said she bought the said yam flour from Mushin, I expect the authorities to have swong into action and comb the market to conduct relevant test.
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by edogram1(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2009
na wa oh. before na beans but now na amala
Re: Five Die, 20 Unconscious After Eating Amala by CrazyMan(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2009
May God help us in this country,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Oron Crayfish From Akwa Ibom State / Domino's Pizza Officially Launched In Port Harcourt (pictures) / Nigerians Troop To Amala Joint In Enugu After Unsolicited Publicity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.