Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,887 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (56286 Views)

41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by samsard(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed the thread. Enjoy your time in Europe, Wanderlustian and say hi to your baby. Looking forward to travelling out in the near future
Awaiting more updates. grin
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
All in all nice pix.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by babeface3: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice one. Would have asked to try some places on the UK but Brexit grin
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wristbangle: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:

Honestly this thread is wonderful,Nigeria is frustrating to live in and I hope to travel out some day

Same here boss cool
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by anonimi: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
Had dinner at a Chinese restaurant for 6 euro a meeal. Waitress laughed at my watery Italian and I challenged her to count in English. We are even cool

Voila!
Way to go when learning and speaking a language. There will always be bullies and one has to find a way around them.
I also visited your blog and quite impressed. Good to know there are my fellow compatriots who are exploring the world, which is excellent, exceptional education to improve not only oneself as an individual but also one's society.
Bravo!
Kudos!!
Cheers!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by ayusco85(m): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
lepasharon:
It's such a shame cos British passport holders are visaless in over 100 countries and I haven't even been to neighbouring france embarassed.

OP you inspire me, you are not the typical nigerian lady.

Pics of Ur UK visa or its a lie

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by pepigeorge(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

grin Woman, I'm a travelling mom

Why u won suffer dat new born baby
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by loadux(f): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
wow I must say, this is the most interesting page have opened on nairaland recently, can't believe I read all the pages.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by foonshur(m): 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
parrotibaba:
Is it your concern? undecided Is she not traveling for a change of scenery? Is that not justifiable enough for you?

Abeg Wanderlustian no mind this mumu sad

Nigerians and bad belle... angry angry
actually its not bad belle, dats the path he reasons along (his moniker says it all)... all u have to do is to educate him and try to change his mindset. if not let him have his opinion

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
pepigeorge:

Why u won suffer dat new born baby

She's not a new born. She's almost 12 months and we have been travelling together since she was 1 month. We are always on the move. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
This bus driver refused to move this bus. Um guessing he is ahead of schedule. Passing through a lot of farms in the countryside. Mostly corn, and sunflower

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by peter(m): 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
This bus driver refused to move this bus. Um guessing he is ahead of schedule. Passing through a lot of farms in the countryside. Mostly corn, and sunflower

Am with you

Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Elle277(f): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
Wow!I am enjoying this...keep it rolling

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
I'm sorry I cant mention everyone but I appreciate your tips advice and contributions. Thanks for also keeping the thread clean. The lil lady says hi.
Grazie!

9 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wayodude(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Excellent! I am happy to see you doing fun stuff (travelling and seeing things) this is what tourism is about, not going to Dubai to buy Gucci bags as many Naijas idea of Tourism.

I'm working in Italy at the moment and have been to most of those places you photographed. If only you had time the to stop in Como for a bit by the Lake. Also other places not far from Bologna like Rimini and Riccione would've been fun and a day trip to San Marino!! All good though keep sharing and enjoy! smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Samtoby(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice one OP... I seriously need to ask, how are you paying for your daily expenses?? I understand you can pay via ATM online but what about the restaurant? is there a POS there or you have exchanged some few Pounds with you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
60km from Rome, we r 2 hours ahead of time, this driver is driving at snail speed. I'm so hungry not a bite all day. This speeding train even makes it feel worse.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
wayodude:
Excellent! I am happy to see you doing fun stuff (travelling and seeing things) this is what tourism is about, not going to Dubai to buy Gucci bags as many Naijas idea of Tourism.

I'm working in Italy at the moment and have been to most of those places you photographed. If only you had time the to stop in Como for a bit by the Lake. Also other places not far from Bologna like Rimini and Riccione would've been fun and a day trip to San Marino!! All good though keep sharing and enjoy! smiley

I went to LAke Como a few days back! Such splendor! ..

Thanks for the tips

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by maursatt: 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
Samtoby:
Nice one OP... I seriously need to ask, how are you paying for your daily expenses?? I understand you can pay via ATM online but what about the restaurant? is there a POS there or you have exchanged some few Pounds with you..

I have a cap of 20 euros daily spend. I try not to use my cards on POS, I bought 200 euros in 9ja airport and I'm managing it. I only used my cards to pay for stuff at the mall in Switzerland a few days ago

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Samtoby(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

I have a cap of 20 euros daily spend. I try not to use my cards on POS, I bought 200 euros in 9ja airport and I'm managing it. I only used my cards to pay for stuff at the mall in Switzerland a few days ago

Oh, cool.. You really prepare for the journey... Have fun.

My regards to your baby, she's really strong. She's the second kid I'll see/heard of that love travelling.. Kids don't act well with travelling (my mum told me anyway grin)..

5 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by rosy4u(f): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
edbor:
rosy4u, come let's tour Europe grin

Oya i dey come cheesy
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by lonelydora: 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

Turkish Airlines

Please avoid anything Turkish for now. ISIS is not smiling at all these days. grin Na joke ooooo

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by megastu(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice to hear this.

I do a lot of road trips around europe as well. Good sight of the country side.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by bezimo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
I hope you have your german residence permit for your german visa or schengen visa, if not.Not sure if you want to do that to Italy, Border control might ask for it.
Roma Termini. Rome is nice, but Venice is the best.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Obiwannn: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
following! grin grin grin

I dey reason something like this, but in December. I doubt the weather would be friendly then embarassed

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by parrotibaba(m): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
lonelydora:

Please avoid anything Turkish for now. ISIS is not smiling at all these days. grin Na joke ooooo
No be joke oh, my aunt dodged the one that happened recently, she and her kid were in the plane when the bomb went off in the airport.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by seguno2: 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
60km from Rome, we r 2 hours ahead of time, this driver is driving at snail speed. I'm so hungry not a bite all day. This speeding train even makes it feel worse.

Normally you should pack fruits, snacks and trail mix plus water on your trips.
Enjoy.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by seguno2: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Obiwannn:

I dey reason something like this, but in December. I doubt the weather would be friendly then embarassed

You can try in September before it really gets cold.
Safe travels.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by ColeworldMD(m): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Obiwannn:

no try am o. If it's a country with winter, it'd be winter by then & not so fun. Lol hey winter adventure is allowed too cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Prince Charles Drives Classic 49 Year Old Aston Martin That Runs On White Wine / See What This Nigerian Did At Lagos Airport After Being Deported From Libya / Twitter Japa Advisor Caught Going Against Her Own Advice 2 Years Later

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.