Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,467 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:27 PM

PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta (1281 Views)

Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) / The Number Of Senators And Federal Representatives From States In Nigeria / Senators And Reps Earn N6.78bn Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by 360metrosports: 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
Both the Senate committee and House of Representatives committee on privatization visited Ajaokuta today in Kogi state.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-senators-and-honourables-visit.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by 360metrosports: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2016

Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by HungerBAD: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ajaokuta remains a poster project for all that is wrong with leadership in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by Mologi(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
ON EXCURTION?....

Because i am damn sure dey can never buy anything produced there.....
Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by 989900E: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Another definition for Mammoth. sad sad
Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by 989900E: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
The Chairman Senate Committee on Privatization, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, has said Nigeria has no business signing rail deals with China, when the tracks can be produced in the Ajaokuta Iron and Steel Company.

Murray-Bruce, who stated this on Tuesday in Ajaokuta, Kogi State, when he led the Senate and House of Representatives Joint Committee on Privatization to Ajaokuta Iron and Steel Company, said such deals with China makes no sense and shows lack of coordination.

He said the present state of the steel company which was almost 90 percent complete but abandoned by previous governments does not speak well of the country.

He said: “For 22 years they should have had a plan through the minister of national planning. The minister of national planning should be the one integrating the policies of any government in power at the particular time.

“When you go through the detailed presentation and listen to arguments it is difficult to draw conclusions. When you don’t listen to the reasons why you are here in the first place?

“That is why it was important for all of us to listen to the arguments and understand the reason why. But let me say this, I am really touched by the presentation and the kind of leadership you have here. What is really clear to me is that the management of Ajaokuta Steel plant has on board very patriotic Nigerians because you must never sell your soul for money.

“First of all, you are a Nigerian, secondly you want to develop this beautiful country and create job opportunities for your people, and more importantly you want to create an environment where those of us in office will look back and say while I was there I did something for my people, but obviously this is not the case.”

He said the committee will meet with the Minister of Solid Minerals and Steel, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, and hold a public hearing on the Ajaokuta Iron Steel Company on Thursday.
Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by QuotaSystem: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mologi:
ON EXCURTION?....

Because i am damn sure dey can never buy anything produced there.....

shocked
Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by mrvitalis(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Bruce why are u always acting funny??
Are trying to paint the government bad or are u just plain ignorant??

Have u forgotten how ur brother imoke used his Indian friends to block the running of this plants??

Have you not read the documents in brother signed?? Or have u paid the Indians the money??

Baba in short go and sleep
Re: PHOTOS: Senators And Honourables Visit Ajaokuta by forgiveness: 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Indians bought it through the back door so I heard.

(1) (Reply)

Who Says PMB Is Not Working? (photos) / Discover Why Okezie Ikpeazu Will Not Vacate His Office / Buratai Dubai Property Scandals Probe Has Vindicated Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.