Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,653 members, 7,951,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. (620 Views)

13 Billion: Jonathan, Emefiele, Magu, Others To Be Questioned By Panel. / BREAKING: Amaechi ‘disappears’ With A Whopping N243 Billion Tax Payers Money / Buhari To Spend 13 Billion Nigerian Naira Subsidizing Muslims Trip To Mecca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. by Hollicom(m): 5:53am On Jun 15, 2016
Is it not totally outlandish for federal government to acquire some hectare of land for a whopping N13b for the purpose of building a so called Maritime University at an obscure village in Okerenkoko, Delta State?

Don't get me wrong, please. I'm not against the idea, what I'm totally opposed to is paying such huge sum for land. The N13b is more than enough to erect all relevant infrastructure for the take off of the university. This is plain corruption. Simple.

The Jonathan's government has been praised for establishing new universities across the country, how much did the federal government pay to acquire those land? I'm very sure nothing was paid to those communities on whose land the campuses were sited and even if compensations were paid it couldn't have been so huge.

Now, how much of the money get to the real owners of the land so acquired? And some people are asking President Buhari to drop corruption case against these individuals who have been found culpable.

This is the reason why development will continue to elude the Niger Delta, I'm sorry for being so blunt.

In most communities in the Niger Delta, they discourage investment by mounting unrealistic monetary demands on people bringing development.

When those to build the infrastructure come, it's another round of demand on the contractors or they are threatened with kidnap or outrightly disallowed from working.

Government must be resolute in its was against corruption and not allow any ragtag insurgents derail its lofty work.

#just_scribbling_my_thought.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. by Psylas(m): 6:05am On Jun 15, 2016
I'm sure the land will not be up to N2b

Re: Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. by eph12(m): 6:52am On Jun 15, 2016
In ibafo Ogun state where I live a company wanted to tar some parts of the road but the community refused unless they pay some money. Right now no single tarred road here. So your point about Niger Delta is useless.
Port Harcourt, Asaba, Warri, Uyo have some level of urban development which some states in the SW don't have.
Though I support the FG to retrieve back that 13billion

1 Like

Re: Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. by SWG25: 7:04am On Jun 15, 2016
How much is the value of the land or rather, what is or should be the value of the land?
Re: Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. by drtwist(m): 7:16am On Jun 15, 2016
Sorry if I am wrong, I stand to be corrected. Though I am not in support of corrupt practices. The whole money was 9b not 13b. My question is what is holding Ameachi from telling us the size and nature of the land and also published its revaluation cost instead using it to despise people 4 personal beef. And moreover the land was purchase with someone ideal & existing structure 4 a propose diving school, and also a possibility of oil being discovered in the land in future. And it's a Federal purchase where different lobbying is supposed to take place. I believe the whole shit is not suppose to exceed 6b. Note a friend Family land of 1 Hectare in Boneboye was purchase For 1.2billoin by OBJ govrt when oil was discovered on it.

Stopping that project is a slap on all Okerenkokos Face. has he been able to recuperate the money spent on the land now! Govrt should always use the most diplomatics way wen dealing with issues.

1 Like

Re: Of Land Costing A Whopping 13 Billion Naira. by wirinet(m): 7:47am On Jun 15, 2016
N13 billion will buy the whole of Banana Island ( land only), so okerekoko land is more expensive than Banana Island.
It is quite ironic that the Avengers demand the continuation of the Niger delta University, but at the same time demanding the unfreezing of Tompolo's accounts, which contains up to N9 billion of the money meant for the University.

(1) (Reply)

Goldfish have no Hiding Place,Atiku Appointed as Nigerian Households Ambassador / President Buhari Officially Joins Nairaland / Nigerians Should Beg Buhari To Extradite Me From America -Obanikoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.