Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,500 members, 7,904,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady (1425 Views)

This Pig Sent a Friend's Husband Her Bikini Pic. Explicit Photos . . Haba!!! / Whoa!! See The Message A Man Sent A Woman After Sleeping With Her / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by skontolo: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
I saw a text on my husbands phone reading "can we be friends". I dont know to whom it was set, i confronted my husband about it. He confirmed that it was sent to a female he met at the bank, but that it was purely a business friendship proposal and nothing more. I refused to believe him, and confronted him with intending to ask the lady out, he denied. was i right to have doubted him?
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
in my humble opinion, there is no ¨right or wrong¨in this situation, it all depends on what kind of relationship you are both in. . . . .
if you do not want your husband to have any ¨female ¨business¨friend then you were right about confronting him.
it doesnt really matter what the reason for this text was as you do not accept him to have such ¨friends¨.
the problem is that if you expect your husband to have absolutely no female contacts (friends, acquaintances etc) then you are bound to fail in your marriage. there needs to be some trust between the both of you so that you dont have to sneak into his phone or whatever to search for clues. the fact that you even searched at the first place is a bad sign.
also insecurity/jealousy from your part could be a problem too because if that woman is truly a business venture and nothing else then it will hurt you in the long run , in the eyes of your partner. if you cant trust the man you married then (in my world) there is absolutely no reason to be married with that person AND in that same sentence, if your partner cant trust you then trouble is on the way.
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by toshacer: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2009
you will wreck your own marriage - why checking your husband's phone and text messages? Beware! He didnt deny, yet you are doubting him, meaning you dont love him. You can not accuse him of anything wrong by that mere text message.
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2009
tosh_acer:

you will wreck your own marriage - why checking your husband's phone and text messages? Beware! He didnt deny, yet you are doubting him, meaning you dont love him. You can not accuse him of anything wrong by that mere text message.

doubting her husband is not a sign of lack of love. . . . . . . . just the sign of a jealous insecure person.
she can accuse him of trying to befriend a woman and maybe she is against it, it all depends on if its something that just happened or if it something that he has done all along. if they dated and she clearly told him that she wouldnt stand for this shit then she has a point. some women dont think rationally when they are in love. havent you heard of the women who think that if they cant be with a guy then no one can and therefore do some silly crazy shit to the guy?!
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by spoilt(f): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2009
Damn right you should be suspicious. can we be be friends my crusty feet! Business proposal that he conveniently forgot to mention to you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by posakosa(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2009
and whats wrong in saying can we be friends / undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by spoilt(f): 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2009
To someone you are proposing serious business with?
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by posakosa(m): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
What if she said "lets phuck"

and he responds "No, lets just be friends"

and ki ni big deal ?

U gan that u're having bad thoughts towards your own husband, u knows if u're not up to something urself, pseew!
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by spoilt(f): 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2009
He was the one doing the asking. he asked "Can we be friends"?

Dont change it to "No, lets just be friends.
Big difference.
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by oneluvb55(f): 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2009
its not right for your husband to do such.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by posakosa(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2009
spoilt:

He was the one doing the asking. he asked "Can we be friends"?

Dont change it to "No, lets just be friends.
Big difference.

ok, what if she said, lets phuck and he said No, but: can we be friends ?

and ?
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Donvilo(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2009
posakosa:

and ?
and she will have to comply to his terms or else she will hav no other choice than to back off. grin
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by posakosa(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2009
Donvilo:

and she will have to comply to his terms or else she will hav no other choice than to back off. grin

exactly my point there bro, her husband may be doing the right thing, yet her evil mind won't let her rest, yeesh! women sha,
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by mystics(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2009
Woman, forget all these people, which can business proposal friendship be that. Am not saying spying ur husband is right but the fact is the text leave much to be desired. Me i smell something foul.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by U1(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2009
Mr Posakosa, take am easy now, what is it with this "phuck" stuff?

Mrs Skontolo, there is no problem with the text message sent by your husband, the friendship may be to fast-track his business dealings now. Or what do you think?
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by TheSeeker(m): 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2009
Trust is one thing you're lacking in your marriage. Until you work on that, I have nothing to say.
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2009
@THE SEEKER: I concur. she should find out how to get past it. and moreover, it could still be a harmless text. there are ladies i admire or guys i admire and that doesnt mean i have the intention of ding sumtin intimate with them
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by spoilt(f): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2009
posakosa:

and ?

Dude you need to work with what you were given. Quit adding the No , but . . . . . . . to the question.
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by posakosa(m): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2009
spoilt:

Dude you need to work with what you were given. Quit adding the No , but . . . . . . . to the question.

and whats wrong in adding to the story, heh ? undecided undecided

There is Mrs Skontolo's version, Mr. Skontolo's version, and the other babe's version, urm, sooo until I hear all three sides, pls let me have some fun, Merci!
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2009
you have every right to be suspicious. He forgot to tell you about this friend?
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by posakosa(m): 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2009
No, he told her that she is just a business associate,
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2009
posakosa:

No, he told her that she is just a business associate,

What else did you expect him to say? A potential date?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by posakosa(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2009
davidylan:

What else did you expect him to say? A potential date?

Speculating or assuming will not help her a tidbit, and what if he is telling the truth about her being a business associate ? maybe she should call the number ?
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2009
posakosa:

Speculating or assuming will not help her a tidbit, and what if he is telling the truth about her being a business associate ? maybe she should call the number ?

why did he forget to tell her about this person? I find that strange to be involved with a woman and my wife who shares my bed with me is unaware.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by C2H5OH(f): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2009
lol your husband wants to be friends with another breezy he met at the bank.
how about a dinner date next
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by TheSeeker(m): 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

lol your husband wants to be friends with another breezy he met at the bank.
how about a dinner date next
Is that what you did to that girl you told me about? grin
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by C2H5OH(f): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2009
lol if i had the balls i would be able to easily treat girls like that.
but i'm too nice, i can't. conscience won't fit allow me rest
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by TheSeeker(m): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

lol if i had the balls i would be able to easily treat girls like that.
but i'm too nice, i can't. conscience won't fit allow me rest
I know this conscience that can let you rest for the rest of your life. Do you want to trade? grin
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by Favor4all(m): 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2009
@Poster. To confront ur husband isn't bad. U just needed clarification on d issue but also the manner u go about it too matters. Time proves all things. Trust in marriage is very vital. One question for u, Have ur husband done something b4 now that makes u doubt him? So pls dont assume as though something is going on with ur husband and d other lady. Temptations come our way everyday, u just need to pray about it and try not to distrust ur husband. U may just succeed in distancing d both of u if u do so. But I honestly want to pray and believe there is nothing going on with ur husband and d other lady. Take care.
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by C2H5OH(f): 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2009
TheSeeker:

I know this conscience that can let you rest for the rest of your life. Do you want to trade? grin
lmao no. i'd rather be the good boy type. don't worry, i am certain kunbee will love you for better or worse.
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by TheSeeker(m): 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

lmao no. i'd rather be the good boy type. don't worry, i am certain kunbee will love you for better or worse.
Oh! You mentioned if you had the balls so I thought you'd like the offer. But be a good boy, it goes a long way. According to a joke I heard from a Nigerian comedian, he said, "Naija babes heart no dey break again, their heart compress and inflate because it's now made of ponmo," So beware.
Kunbee told you that or is that one of your numerous assumptions (like the one you said about McCain winning the election)? LOL
Re: My Husband Sent A "can We Be Friends" Text To A Lady by ngel0v3(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2009
Number one rule in a marriage relationship:

NEVER BREED A SEED OF SUSPICION!

You did well to confront him about what was bothering you (so you don't keep it in mind), but since he has said there is nothing wrong, take his word for it! The moment you continue breeding suspicion, two things happen: One, you start to lose the respect he has for you and Two, you actually push him and give him GOOD reason to flirt. So, I'd suggest you forget about whatever happened if you want to save your marriage, okay?

Even if he is doing the opposite, he'll caution himself when he realizes that despite his infidelity and suspicious movements, you stuck and trusted him. Men think. We know how to weigh the costs. In other words, we sabi good thing well well! So flush away your fears. Continue enjoying the love in your home, okay? Don't trade it for mere suspicions.

Cheers!  smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love At First Sight: Am In Love Or Lust: / Help! Help! Help! / Where Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.