Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) (1830 Views)

I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki / Burial Of Pro-Biafra Shot Dead During Protest In Onitsha / Kano Youths Burn Gaya And Muhmud's Houses During Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by sixtuschimere: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
A pensioner who is yet to be identified allegedly slumped during a protest in Imo state today.The pensioners are allegedly being owed 36 months pension arrears. Pictured above is the man as a nurse tries to revive him. See another pic below;

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/pensioner-slumps-during-protest-in-imo.html

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by ochilikoko(m): 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Sometimes,I wonder if this politicians even have conscience. How can u owe somebody for 36 months? Rochas! God is watching u

1 Like

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by sanandreas(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
A man who have served his country does not deserve this kind of treatment. If he is your father how would u feel governor okoro? If these old men and women come around ur offices please treat them nice because one day u too will get old. Please pay pensioners their pension. The reason why corruption thrives in civil service is because of this.

1 Like

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by gustav25: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
You guys don't know how devilish and wicked okorocha Rocha's is ....instead of paying the pensioners ,he derives joy in asking them why they are still alive ...the man needs to be shot in his scrotum

1 Like

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by okoro4: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Rocha's u better act.This is ain't good to hearing
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Agunechemba1(m): 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
That's what you get when you have an a. boki as a governor in an Eastern state.

Okoroawusa pay these old men their gratuity. It is their right.

What kind of leaders do we have in this country, Just look at the innocent old man who has being owed for 36 months while him and his hippopotamus of a wife keep feeding fat at the expense of the common man.

What has my state done to deserve this abomination called Rochas.
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Vicboi1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
oh God pls kill that evil man let him die of heart disease
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Vicboi1:
oh God pls kill that evil man let me die of heart disease
pathetic! Meanwhile okorocha has $1.3 stolen money from the state account in the US. APC is wicked
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Abagworo(m): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
All these distractions are unnecessary as elections have come and gone. They did it before 2015 elections and lost every LGA and in a million years it is impossible for PDP to rule Imo. What the people will judge with is what they see and not blackmail using hired people whether as retirees or widows association. Rochas Okorocha Government inherited pension arrears of over 12 years and have gradually reduced it in phases until the oil price started affecting the State's income. We have not forgotten.

http://architectafrica.com/NETWORK/NIGERIA/content/imo-pays-12-years-pension-arrears

http://www.imostateblog.com/2011/07/18/governor-okorocha-pays-arrears-to-pensioners-in-imo-state/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107201337.html

1 Like

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Beremx(f): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
Abagworo:
All these distractions are unnecessary as elections have come and gone. They did it before 2015 elections and lost every LGA and in a million years it is impossible for PDP to rule Imo. What the people will judge with is what they see and not blackmail using hired people whether as retirees or widows association. Rochas Okorocha Government inherited pension arrears of over 12 years and have gradually reduced it in phases until the oil price started affecting the State's income. We have not forgotten.

http://architectafrica.com/NETWORK/NIGERIA/content/imo-pays-12-years-pension-arrears

http://www.imostateblog.com/2011/07/18/governor-okorocha-pays-arrears-to-pensioners-in-imo-state/

12years pension? Kai!
I remember Rochas paid some part of pensions when he came into office. Abeg he should try and finish up the payment before our old pensioners start dying o!
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by youngeagle(m): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
I knew that mallam is a wolf in a sheep cloth,fear those smooth talker they have got nothing to offer.
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by MrALIVE: 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Vicboi1:
oh God pls kill that evil man let me die of heart disease
you are wishing someone death and at the same time wishing yourself too..go through your post again
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Vicboi1(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
MrALIVE:
you are wishing someone death and at the same time wishing yourself too..go through your post again
bro u get sharp eyes thanks for noticing that it was an error on my part
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Vicboi1(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
Abagworo:

Mr man shut up ur mouth. there would be another protest coming soon between students of Futo in conjunction with students of nekede poly because of the state of poly/ihagwa road rochas did that road before but as a criminal that he is he used faked materials now the road is worse than before go and check mr man

2 Likes

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by mich24(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Omere anyi poopiiii,driver biko gbaa ya ukwu na ala ka opuo - Uche Ogbuagu
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
Abagworo:

Please, don't ever try ti justify what is evil and very unbecoming. I have relatives who retired during Okorocha's first tenure. They are still being owed. Please dont ever for earthly gratification try to support what is wrong. If that poor man lying on that public road is your father would you have typed what you just did? Can you for a second imagine how the children of that poor feel seeing their father's pathetic picture on the internet? Do you think if the man had other means of sustaining his family would come out for the protest? Guy, that guy as well as other pensioners paid their duties and their pension is their entitlement from the state. This is what encourages corruption and bribery. In order to avoid finding themselves in this pitiful condition, people could try to amass wealth for themselves illegally. The essence of government is to look for the elected to see to the needs of the electors. Every other action of the election is 'jara'. Once more, never sell your innate humanity for a plate of political porridge. Eternity awaits us all. Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Abagworo(m): 9:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Adva45:
Please, don't ever try ti justify what is evil and very unbecoming. I have relatives who retired during Okorocha's first tenure. They are still being owed. Please dont ever for earthly gratification try to support what is wrong. If that poor man lying on that public road is your father would you have typed what you just did? Can you for a second imagine how the children of that poor feel seeing their father's pathetic picture on the internet? Do you think if the man had other means of sustaining his family would come out for the protest? Guy, that guy as well as other pensioners paid their duties and their pension is their entitlement from the state. This is what encourages corruption and bribery. In order to avoid finding themselves in this pitiful condition, people could try to amass wealth for themselves illegally. The essence of government is to look for the elected to see to the needs of the electors. Every other action of the election is 'jara'. Once more, never sell your innate humanity for a plate of political porridge. Eternity awaits us all. Peace!!!

You are to blame if your aged relatives are suffering because they trained you to take care of them now. We all have aged relatives and we know the state of the economy that even serving civil servants receive delayed salary.

Now my point in that 1st statement was clear as day. When Rochas Okorocha came in 2011 pension was owed for over 12 years which means those who retired from 1999 never received their pensions and gratuities till 2011. He has been paying in phases depending on year of retirement and ministry which has lead to a reduction by as much as 70% but the current economic downturn has slowed it down.
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
Abagworo:

You are to blame if your aged relatives are suffering because they trained you to take care of them now. We all have aged relatives and we know the state of the economy that even serving civil servants receive delayed salary.

Now my point in that 1st statement was clear as day. When Rochas Okorocha came in 2011 pension was owed for over 12 years which means those who retired from 1999 never received their pensions and gratuities till 2011. He has been paying in phases depending on year of retirement and ministry which has lead to a reduction by as much as 70% but the current economic downturn has slowed it down.
I don't know if comprehension is an issue with you. Read my post over and over again. My relatives were not part of the protest because thanks to God Almighty they have other means of sustenance. I brought them up to refute your stance that the present pensioners were inherited from previous Imo State government by the current one because THEY RETIRED DURING OKOROCHA'S FIRST TENURE.
Usually, I keep away from politics and its dealings. I was forced to quote your post because of its inhumane tone towards the poor elderly man who slumped while protesting for what it is rightfully his.
FYI, I am somewhat disappointed that someone of supposed enlightenment like you would commit the logical fallacy in reasoning, that is, the fallacy of adhominem. Good night and stay blessed. Cheers!!! #noillfeelings#

2 Likes

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by mideactive: 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ar u dis heartless?every old person deserve care no matter der status.av u considered there are some dat don't even av anyone?moreover,dis old people are not beggers,dey av worked.it's wrong not to pay 'em even better 4 der service to d nation n humanity.brother,I don't wish u bad,but no one knws 2moro.most of our governors ar nt human,they ar demons..

Abagworo:

1 Like

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by marwanafrica: 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ehya God purnish nigerian government
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Jun 16, 2016
mideactive:
Ar u dis heartless?every old person deserve care no matter der status.av u considered there are some dat don't even av anyone?moreover,dis old people are not beggers,dey av worked.it's wrong not to pay 'em even better 4 der service to d nation n humanity.brother,I don't wish u bad,but no one knws 2moro.most of our governors ar nt human,they ar demons..

I'm defending the Governor and I never said aged people don't deserve care. I only refuted those telling us half truth that he is the reason for the pension backlog. He met 12 years pension arrears and has reduced it in phases like we all know but the OP and those who rented the protesters are trying to sell lies to public that Mr Okorocha met a regular pension payment without arrears. No State including Lagos has the capability to pay 12 years pension and gratuity arrears in 6 months without creating more crisis in other aspects of governance that will take another 6 to 12 years to solve.
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by easymanofdpeopl(m): 5:02am On Jun 16, 2016
Hmmm too bad
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by xelly: 5:03am On Jun 16, 2016
Abagworo:

I'm defending the Governor and I never said aged people don't deserve care. I only refuted those telling us half truth that he is the reason for the pension backlog. He met 12 years pension arrears and has reduced it in phases like we all know but the OP and those who rented the protesters are trying to sell lies to public that Mr Okorocha met a regular pension payment without arrears. No State including Lagos has the capability to pay 12 years pension and gratuity arrears in 6 months without creating more crisis in other aspects of governance that will take another 6 to 12 years to solve.

I have read your comments and I have arrived to a conclusion that you have no point. You mustn't be bias defending the Governor. Some of those old men ain't gat no one to care for em, they have labored for their labor to care for em.

This is not obtainable anywhere. In the US, people are hired to take care of the elderly. Instead of condemning ill treatment, you want to defend it. I wish you well, but this is inhumane. I pray Nigerians don't have your type in the seat of authority, you may do worst. You have to change

1 Like

Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by OAUTemitayo: 5:47am On Jun 16, 2016
xelly:

I have read your comments and I have arrived to a conclusion that you have no point. You mustn't be bias defending the Governor. Some of those old men ain't gat no one to care for em, they have labored for their labor to care for em.
This is not obtainable anywhere. In the US, people are hired to take care of the elderly. Instead of condemning ill treatment, you want to defend it. I wish you well, but this is inhumane. I pray Nigerians don't have your type in the seat of authority, you may do worst. You have to change
Let us be sincere here.
This man met a pension arrears of 12 years and offset most of the arrears until the oil slump. He is currently owing the pensioners 36 month arrears which translates to the fact that Okorocha has paid 9 years out of the 12.
Haba, where were the pensioners when successive governments owed them 12 years arrears?
Be fair and just
Re: Pensioner Slumps During Protest Over Unpaid Pension In Imo State Today (photos) by xelly: 9:15am On Jun 16, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Let us be sincere here.
This man met a pension arrears of 12 years and offset most of the arrears until the oil slump. He is currently owing the pensioners 36 month arrears which translates to the fact that Okorocha has paid 9 years out of the 12.
Haba, where were the pensioners when successive governments owed them 12 years arrears?
Be fair and just

Am not supporting any Government to own them a dine and I really don't know how to be fair here but, how much was foodstuff then? You will agree with me that things were easier then than now. Those pensioners can at least go to farm unlike now that the Fulanis are unleached on them. Not only Imo State, all over the federation, the Government of the day is messing up.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of The Day: Amaechi, Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Re-run / Rivers State PDP Chairman And His People In Omoku / Is This The Change We Were Promised ? (See Campaigns Promises)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.