Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,916 members, 7,942,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

Need Urgent Answer About Lagos Immigration And The Dubios Ways Of Extortion. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Urgent Answer About Lagos Immigration And The Dubios Ways Of Extortion. (512 Views)

Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians / 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About / Nigerian Immigration And No Passport Booklet Issue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Urgent Answer About Lagos Immigration And The Dubios Ways Of Extortion. by bhanty01: 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I urgently need your help as I am traveling out within the couple of weeks ahead, so which lead me to the below questions and your urgent and honest reply/help will be highly appreciated + AM A FIRST TIMER WITH VIRGIN PASSPORT.

1) I want to know to go about the BTA or PTA as widely speculated and considering the high exchange rate, if I sincerely need it or how to go about it?
2) Can I fund my Naira Mastercard in other to be used in Europe?
3) My visa is valid, I have my flight booked and my hotel reservation is intact, please what other ways can Immigration used in squeezing me dry?
4) How much must I travel with to Europe as a tourist and a first-timer?
5) Can I have access to buying dollar or euro from banks, by filling Form A or Form M?

Thank you all for your kind (anticipated) help.
Re: Need Urgent Answer About Lagos Immigration And The Dubios Ways Of Extortion. by AroOkigbo(m): 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
1 and 4. Forget about sourcing BT/PTA from ANY bank. They ain't selling! You are not qualified for anything Form A/M. Start discussion with a.b.o.k.i for forex.
2. Depending on your bank- Don't think of GTB, Fidelity banks, ..
3. If you can get a letter from your employer (or something) showing you are going on vac, please do. Carry some few naira bills for the boys...just in case.
4. How long you intend to stay? How about attractions to need to be a part of? With about 4k Euros, you are comfortable for a 2 week vacation.
Re: Need Urgent Answer About Lagos Immigration And The Dubios Ways Of Extortion. by bhanty01: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Thanks @ Arokigbo,

Am staying for 1 week vacation and sightseeing, but I think like 4k euros is too way much for me to bear, a friend of mine says I only need to have 1200euros for clearing at immigration point at the airport.. Also please kindly enlighten me more about talking to Aboki for forex and is it going to be cheap compare to normal aboki exchanging rate.

(1) (Reply)

Advice For Holiday Destinations Outside Nigeria / Warri!!! We Don Dey Carry Last Small Small Oh / Lastma Official Caused A Severe Accident At Iyana Iba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.