Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,031 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:47 PM

N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme (12117 Views)

Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme / No Security Vote Appropriated To Me - El-rufai Tells Dogara / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Dymaco(m): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
koboko69:

Money for agriculture have been budgeted. Meanwhile 5k for vulnerable is still in place.

*faints*

people still believe our govt
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by s4short: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
waice6571:

What if government initiate a sincere project to make life easy for their parents rather this orphanage approach?

Such a project would be very difficult and almost impossible to implement, even this one is being done in phases.
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
obi58:

Lol.... Cry me a river Oga.... Nigerians are not smiling. They have not forgotten your campaign promises and you certainly will give account come 2019. If you have steady light where you are and are buying fuel at 40 naira, I can assure you the majority of Nigerians are not and will speak with one voice cone 2019. If you guys like bribe labour into silence and threaten banks till the kingdom come, whatever a man soweth he shall reap. Shalom!

Shalom!
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by yaki84: 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
deji15:
- 93 billion naira is far less than what Dansuki alone was sharing among his cohorts. Anything wrong in Govt giving directly to the citizen where there will be no bogus contracts and rip off?
- There is an adage that says when you remove hunger from the poverty equation, the problem is half solved.
- Health is wealth. With children eating good food, their visits to hospitals due to various disease will reduce.
- This is a social benefit initiative by the Government to help her citizens some of whom are extremely poor.
- This will help school enrollment as this is one other incentive that will make school attractive to kids and in effect aid their learning.
- There are other aspects of the 2016 budget that deals with capital projects which includes equipping and furnishing public schools.
- Many have complained about how citizens of some countries are benefiting from social welfare package by their Govt, while there is none for Nigerians. What is wrong in Nigeria helping her poor citizens to feed kids who are in Primary 1 to 3?
- It is a token, but it will go a long way in alleviating poverty of some citizens.
- With the high price of fuel / subsidy removal due to fraud in the system and non availability of forex, consider this as a palliative to cushion the effects of the hike
- This initiative will create a snowball effect whereby farmers, food sellers, kitchen utensil suppliers etc will benefit, in an organised fashion.

na for u to start primary school again be dat so the palliative measures go follow reach u.

make sure ur popsy n mumsy enrol in primary1, n d koko be mek dem fail n repeat class so them no go too de spend money again on food.
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
yaki84:

na for u to start primary school again be dat so the palliative measures go follow reach u.

make sure ur popsy n mumsy enrol in primary1, n d koko be mek dem fail n repeat class so them no go too de spend money again on food.

If na so your understanding reach, I no go drag that position with you..

The school feeding programme is not the only item on the budget that targets bringing people out of poverty, unemployment and addressing our infrastructure decay.

- The Govt plans to employ 500,000 teachers nationwide and I hope you have applied through the online portal in case you do not have a job
- 25,000 Nigerians will be trained in the area of Creative, Technology Software / Hardware and another 75,000 in the areas of building services, construction, utilities, hospitality and catering, automotive vocations, aluminium and gas services. Hope this one will interest you should in case you are not interested in teaching.
- And if you are a student, there is Education support grant programme for 100,000 tertiary students in Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics, STEM and education.
- That old and fragile woman that lives across your street, who could not fend for herself due to old age or other disabilities, is likely to be a beneficiary of 5,000 naira stipend from the Govt.
- In case you are a building / construction professional, it will interest you to know that contractors are back to site and some of them will be looking to put Engineers, Architects, Accountants, builders, trades people (carpenters, Iron benders / workers, bricklayers, etc), technicians, technologists etc back to work.
- Loans to traders and artisans.
- Policemen recruitment is still ongoing nationwide.
- If you are a big player, with Government throwing wide open the importation of fuel, this is an opportunity for you to get in.
- With the ban on the importation of certain goods and food items, the opportunity is there to pick up the slack by getting into food production. Be it rice, tomato, wheat etc.
- Growing cashew, cocoa and other cash crops has never being more lucrative than now...
- And many more...
Don't get too carried away with the Government trying to help the vulnerable among us. I am sure there is something in this budget for you or your family member.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by dotfam2104(m): 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
deji15:

The school feeding programme is not the only item on the budget that targets bringing people out of poverty, unemployment and addressing our infrastructure decay.

- The Govt plans to employ 500,000 teachers nationwide and I hope you have applied through the online portal in case you do not have a job
- 25,000 Nigerians will be trained in the area of Creative, Technology Software / Hardware and another 75,000 in the areas of building services, construction, utilities, hospitality and catering, automotive vocations, aluminium and gas services. Hope this one will interest you should in case you are not interested in teaching.
- And if you are a student, there is Education support grant programme for 100,000 tertiary students in Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics, STEM and education.
- That old and fragile woman that lives across your street, who could not fend for herself due to old age or other disabilities, is likely to be a beneficiary of 5,000 naira stipend from the Govt.
- In case you are a building / construction professional, it will interest you to know that contractors are back to site and some of them will be looking to put Engineers, Architects, Accountants, builders, trades people (carpenters, Iron benders / workers, bricklayers, etc), technicians, technologists etc back to work.
- If you are a big player, with Government throwing wide open the importation of fuel, this is an opportunity for you to get in.
- With the ban on the importation of certain goods and food items, the opportunity is there to pick up the slack by getting into food production. Be it rice, tomato, wheat etc.
- Growing cashew, cocoa and other cash crops has never being more lucrative than now...
- And many more...
Don't get too carried away with the Government trying to help the vulnerable among us. I am sure there is something in this budget for you or your family member.
....it is because of pple like dz I won't leave nairaland.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by yaki84: 6:49am On Jun 17, 2016
deji15:

- And many more...

i heard d 500,000 that will be employed abi trained will be paid 23k monthly for 2yrs what happened after 2yrs?

my mum's pension is 33k monthly n she had ssce, me am a bsc holder being paid 23k in 2016 with the level of inflation we r experiencing.

ur govt is a joke.
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Nigerianboi: 9:07am On Jun 19, 2016
mapet:

This your thought is either this is hatred or crass ignorance or big foolishness......haba! did you read the report or you just want to say something?

To you, all the geopolitical zone in the country are in the north?
no. first my reason is that there are more hungry , less education inclined children in the north than south.

second i termed it laudible.
so be civil as nothing i wrote deserves your venemous outburst
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by emmanuelbrown26: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
deji15:

Daalu nwoke oma!
udo nke chineke nonyere gi na ezi n'ulo gi
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by emmanuelbrown26: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
deji15:

Daalu nwoke oma!
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:

Amen. Gị onwe gị kwa
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by wikizhow: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2016
Nice post. helpful
Download the showbox app
http://appshowbox.org/
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
APC lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara Police Confirm Gunmen Attacks On APC Senatorial Candidate Campaign Train / Mininum Wage: Ekiti To Commence Payment Of N30,000 This Month / Civil Servant Paid Himself ₦145 Million As PIB Media Fund In 2015 – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.