Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,940 members, 7,942,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:00 AM

ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President (7123 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / National ASUU Begins Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by gezy: 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2009
pls dont come to post ur ignorance here . what is good 4 d goose is also good 4 d gander. panninas or whatever is ur name pls learn to be positive. lecturers re humans like u .
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by chishine(m): 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
Dear mr president,

Appealing to ''university lecturers'' to go back to class room, i am sorry to say is never the best way to put an end to this mess.
 knowing fully well that about 78% of the lecturer in both federal and state unversity do lecturs in private schools so almost that same percent is more/ less consciene about  the calloff or watsoever is the faith of our today unversity,  so mr president what i am insinuating is that, the academic future of over 60million Nigeria's is in your palm  not evrybody can afford the fees of private university or studying abroad.
 Your quick action on seeing to the ''calloff of this strike'', will again mark another priviledge and thing worth celebrating, your present administration has done, not only to Nigerias as a whole but also to the youths and foriegners who are curiouse to undergo their post secondary education here in Nigeria.
  mr president you have started on the good work, first by  including educationer sector as part of your 7point agender, which really makes us know that you care and that you going to see that Nigeria unversity is an institute worth learning wordwide, but with the situation onground we are tired of sitting at home while we supposed to be in the class room leaning, so we hereby appealing to you sir, that you  see to the call-off of the strike so not to render millions of hope in you, useless.

The ball is now on  your court sir,
  because the future is nowhere but NOW.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by DOW(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2009
Millitary should take over.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by richkids1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2009
this man is very mischievous man and i hope this issue is going to be solved soonest.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by TheSeeker(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
olalekan1:

we hurrying to finish eating ekuru and someone is here dropping it back into the plate, A n je ekuru ko tan, enikan n gbon owo re sinu awo. May be you dont have children at the university and may be you dont have friends and also may be you are selfish because Govt's 40% salary increase is enough to call off the strike and continue negotiating.
Or maybe you are one of the following:

- You are a child to a politician and you think he's right to have all those stolen funds (but if he is he'd have catapulted you abroad)

- You're so naive you don't know what it means to be a professor and that brings me to ask why you're going to school in the first place

- You fail to tell yourself the truth and/or you don't understand what university autonomy means.

It's a shame you're all fooling yourselves thinking the lecturers are fighting for themselves only. You're dying in your own confusion and there's no one to save you. If they don't sign that agreement as was agreed upon before, it means your tuition fee will be ricocheted and God helps those from extremely poor families who have more children in higher institutions of learning.

Come to think of it, why should a mere, uneducated, dumbly stupid, nonchalant, unintelligently clueless councilor be bloody paid =N= 13 million every year? Doesn't that make the country look so selfish? Mind you these are professors who went to good schools in the United States and England mostly, yet, have chosen to give what they've been taught in those countries to Nigeria and what does Nigeria pay them back with? Dishonored agreement, lies, deceit? I don't like the fact that students are being allowed to suffer this but they have to, it's a price they have to pay.

Stop being so selfish. If you father was a professor you would have wanted him to earn more than that. And do you know how much professors are paid in the USA and UK? Stop trying to be ignorant of the truth.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by apostleb: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
pls.Deacon Osondu, let Assu go or else God 'll visit U d way He visited Pharoah"If you refuse to let them go and continue to hold them back, the hand of the LORD will bring a terrible plague on your livestock in the field- on your horses and donkeys and camels and on your cattle and sheep and goats." (Exodus 9:2-3).
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by floriana(m): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2009
These lecturers should go and sit down. Do they have the heart to contest election in nigeria? Can they fight electoral war and win elections? if not, why do they begrudge the politicians who pass through the valley of the shadow of death to win elections? They should let our politicians enjoy the fruit of their labour in peace o.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by nethacker(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2009
with all these jagbanjantis,u xpect me not to steal my father's money to study abroad grin
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by otokx(m): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
ur papa no get money
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by kosovo(m): 7:23am On Sep 02, 2009
pathetic
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by zmurda(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2009
nethacker:

with all these jagbanjantis,u xpect me not to steal my father's money to study abroad grin

If you had the money you won't be here in the 1st place tongue
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by olalekan1(m): 10:18am On Sep 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Or maybe you are one of the following:

- You are a child to a politician and you think he's right to have all those stolen funds (but if he is he'd have catapulted you abroad)

- You're so naive you don't know what it means to be a professor and that brings me to ask why you're going to school in the first place

- You fail to tell yourself the truth and/or you don't understand what university autonomy means.

It's a shame you're all fooling yourselves thinking the lecturers are fighting for themselves only. You're dying in your own confusion and there's no one to save you. If they don't sign that agreement as was agreed upon before, it means your tuition fee will be ricocheted and God helps those from extremely poor families who have more children in higher institutions of learning.

Come to think of it, why should a mere, uneducated, dumbly stupid, nonchalant, unintelligently clueless councilor be bloody paid =N= 13 million every year? Doesn't that make the country look so selfish? Mind you these are professors who went to good schools in the United States and England mostly, yet, have chosen to give what they've been taught in those countries to Nigeria and what does Nigeria pay them back with? Dishonored agreement, lies, deceit? I don't like the fact that students are being allowed to suffer this but they have to, it's a price they have to pay.

Stop being so selfish. If you father was a professor you would have wanted him to earn more than that. And do you know how much professors are paid in the USA and UK? Stop trying to be ignorant of the truth.

Well I am not saying you people should not fight for your right, all I am saying is that it's taking too much of our time and we are loosing things concerning this strike. It is very possible to continue negotiating with FG after calling off the strike. I dont mean to offend you because I know the Lecturers are hot this time.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by olalekan1(m): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2009
floriana:

These lecturers should go and sit down. Do they have the heart to contest election in nigeria? Can they fight electoral war and win elections? if not, why do they begrudge the politicians who pass through the valley of the shadow of death to win elections? They should let our politicians enjoy the fruit of their labour in peace o.
Tu fiakwa (Senseless)
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by samomeh(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2009
The so called Mr President should be careful because of God's anger and ASUU on the other hand,should not go back so that this problem is solved once and for all.They shouldn't be disturbing all the time without achieving anything meaningful result.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by uchemummy(f): 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2009
ASUU and fg should settle amicably
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by nnaemmy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2009
o boy de letter long oo cool shocked shocked
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by sshalom(m): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2009
It's unfortunate the kind of priorities we set in this country. Many nations of the world are prioritising their education while Nigeria is compensating militants for accepting amnesty. All in order to sell crude oil. But when the oil finish, it is the knowledge and skill acquired by the educated that will keep the nation running. Shame
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by bolanleodu: 12:48am On Sep 03, 2009
With a band of senseless ASSU and a nonchalant FG, where do you think they'll steer this nation to, doom thats what its call. But sincerely i think FG deserves more spanking than Assu. Why should political office holders earn that much in the first place no wonder that why they kill themselves to get there. Imagine we had a stronger naira that can by more of commodities, why should people or assu want more than is necessary?
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by bolanleodu: 12:53am On Sep 03, 2009
With a band of senseless ASSU and a nonchalant FG, where do you think they'll steer this nation to, doom thats what its call. But sincerely i think FG deserves more spanking than Assu. Why should political office holders earn that much in the first place no wonder that why they kill themselves to get there. Imagine we had a stronger naira that can by more of commodities, why should people or assu want more than is necessary?
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by yonybanta(m): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2009
The continuation of strike in the administration of the first graduate president of Nigeria indicate that this administration is incapable of delivering democratic dividend to its citizen despite the educational achievement of the president, since he cannot handle education which is the fundamental block on his achievement of vision 2020.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by anneduke: 1:57am On Sep 04, 2009
oga president ,abeg make u answer ASUU.it's not fair. people's children are roaming the streets.rem one day it shall be the turn of ur household.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by allinfog: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2009
I wish to see a better morrow, the mass men has really taken over.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by bibiking1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2009
A lot of comments here really makes one lament on the whole concept of education in this country.
It seems to matter little now if ASUU is on strike or not, what the country eventually churns out of these institutions as graduates are becoming a lot more pathetic and unbelievable.
We need a total overhaul of the Nigerian Educational System!!!
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by jpphilips(m): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2009
Please Mr President we are pleading you to find solution to this problem.my family cant avoid private school fees or to learning in abroad.,
we all know that education is the light to succed.
please just sympathy.

guy, na your kind grammer yaradull go see finish begin wonder weda you learn anything at all for the one you don Go

abi na part time you dey go? Abeg no make yaradull vex close down all the schools,

o boy!! your grammer go fit wake the dead (as a student, i fear) grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by 3kay945(m): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2009
this letter must be some where in dust+bin by now. mr YaRadua no get their time, he is busy battlin is wit is health. grin ;P
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by 3kay945(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2009
vision 2020 my bombom, who told u mr yara.!? as visible vision. d only vision he mearnt was in his dream, and it takes more than prayer for dreams 2come to pass. i sorry 4 9ja grin
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by ademocrat(m): 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
hmmm, Very greedy ASUU! even in south africa,the highest paid proffesor collect about 20.000R per month which is about #150.000 in NG,What people don't understand about ASUU is that,ASUU is not fighting for quality of education in nigeria or the welfare of their staffs, "ASUU IS FIGHTING BECAUSE OF MONEY".
Honestly na God go punish you, wetin concern south africa concern Nigeria, Idiot u no even dey any naija university. How do you expect me to compete in the global market when am learning fortran 95,in 2009 what my lecturer learnt.

Govt's 40% salary increase is enough to call off the strike and continue negotiating.
U no ne anything, how councilor go dey collect pass proffesor, wetin he dey do
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by gracetaiwo(f): 5:15am On Sep 08, 2009
the big picture here is not abt what a councilor earns, it never was.It is all abt how to enrich their pockets and thats it.40 percent is basically enough salary increase when we students know that most of these lecturers skip classes, drain us dry claiming to sell recommended Text(another name for compulsory handouts). But if we decide to just base what we are seeing now on ASUU then we have missed the whole problem the FG is trying to avoid.If ASUU gets their 100 percent salary increase wont Doctors(NMA) decide they need salary increase? Try to think of how many profession association will clamour 4 salary increase.Abt university autonomy we need o ask how the schools have managed the revenue they have accrued from internal sourcing i.e pre-degree,post ume.Where are the monies they have gotten? If they can prove that they handled those monies properly then hell, they can take over Nigeria as a whole
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by karyurdey(m): 6:19am On Sep 08, 2009
ASUU, u r better carry on or else, u r a FAILURE. TO HELL with al dose wey no support ASUU. Ur FATHER

Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by RUBRICS(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2009
Careers of students are appearing bleak because of un-necessary long years which are being spent in the university and to the worst of it, some companies don't recruit any graduate 4rm a certain age.

Are we going to continue this way

What is the essence of being a graduate without a comfortable and lucrative jobwWhaaaaaaaaaaat
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by dadamike: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2009
Mr. Olalekan! the 40% is by mouth. No document to dat effect yet. ASUU is nt outrightly rejectin the increase but they said they must arrive at it by agreement and produce a legal document to dat effect thereafter. if they pay d money in one month and stop the next month, there is nothin with wich to hold them to ransom. that is the work of ur CROP PRODUCTION PhD holder!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamb Utme 2013/2014 Result Is Out / Presidency To Probe Mass Failure In SSCE, NECO Exams / Obafemi Awolowo University Latest News On Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.