Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,923 members, 7,922,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:08 PM

New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline (672 Views)

Group Threatens Mass Protest If Buhari Doesn’t Attend Next FEC Meeting / New Militant Group Emerges,Vow To Blow Up Warri,Ph Refineries,Utorogun Gas Plant / Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by sarrki(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
By Emma Amaize, Egufe Yafugborhi and Perez Brisibe WARRI – A secessionist group, Utorogun Liberation Movement, ULM, surfaced, Thursday, in Delta State, vowing to destroy the Utorogun Gas Plant, Ughelli, which supplies gas to Egbin Power Station, Lagos, and other facilities under Oil Mining Lease, OML 34 in Ughelli South Local Government Area of the state. The agitators operating in alliance with another group, “Outgas Force,” in a proclamation by its leader, Gen K Omoudu, addressed to the host communities in OML 34, said:, “My good people of Utorogun community, Otu-Jeremi, Otor-Udu, Iwkrekan, Ekakpamre and all oil and pipeline communities within this region, this is the voice of ULM in collaboration with Outgas Force.” “It is a secessionist move. The awareness of things happening in our environment is a means to outline our cause of action. The awareness is an agitation for economic balance. We have a common enemy, the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC and ND Western who hate your progress and wish you died in poverty. “They threaten our stability, disregard us. This area is the heart of hydrocarbon industries in Nigeria and other countries responsible for a huge chunk of the nation’s oil earnings. The question concerning how many barrels of oil and gas this our field produces remain unanswered, our hopes far from what we are witnessing,” it said. It added: ‘If we fail to fight, we will face a precarious future. The door is widely open for anybody within this region to join the exercise, text your names and community to these numbers -08029936321, 08074237107. Do not call; you will receive text of days of meetings few days from now.” Residents of Otu-Jeremi, Otor-Udu, Iwkrekan, Ekakpamre and other communities, who woke up to see the streamer notices were seen discussing the development in hushed tone.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/new-militant-group-threatens-blow-utorogun-gas-plant/
Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by dimieprincess(f): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
God abeg o, which kind of problem is ds?
Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by Ooni: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
Buhari i beg you dont let my people here in southwest suffer

1 Like

Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by demielvis: 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lmao,Militant spring
Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by Sirsubway1: 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ooni:
Buhari i beg you dont let my people here in southwest suffer

Even those in Agric section knows you are Ibo, stop disgracing your Ibo tribe, its a shame on them that you are not bold to air your views without hiding under Yoruba. Dont you have shame?

1 Like

Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by donsteady(m): 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
Which way Naija
Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Renewed millitancy in the Niger delta is going to hit the nation harder than bokoharam in terms of cost implications. Oil is the mainstay of the Nigerian economy and with an already very bleak economic situation it can not get worse than this.
The goverment is already grappling with serious budget deficits if any of these groups want patronage or their yearnings for development to be met which we know ends with a few thousand bucks in their pockets and juicy contracts for their leaders. They really need to stop the bombings.
The goverment also needs to act quickly before we have another pre amnesty insurgency situation with thousands of groups causing havoc on oil infrastructures.
Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by Ooni: 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Sirsubway1:

Even those in Agric section knows you are Ibo, stop disgracing your Ibo tribe, its a shame on them that you are not bold to air your views without hiding under Yoruba. Dont you have shame?
pple are fainting here in west and u want me to keep quiet. Osun, ogun ondo ekiti oyo are owing nd u are telling me to shut up. Do u want pple to call me oonigbese before i cry out. Avengers are starving us. I must talk joor
Re: New Militant Group Threatens To Blow Up Utorogun Gas Pipeline by Sirsubway1: 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ooni:
pple are fainting here in west and u want me to keep quiet. Osun, ogun ondo ekiti oyo are owing nd u are telling me to shut up. Do u want pple to call me oonigbese before i cry out. Avengers are starving us. I must talk joor

You should be worried about your dead erosion ravaged land, its truly now a shame to be Ibo since you all are running away from your land. You hate Yoruba so much but cant stop hiding behind them. Inferiority complex of an Ibo man. Lmaoo

(1) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Receives New OPEC Secretary General, Mohammed Barkindo / Saraki Raises Alarm Over Spate Of Sexual Harassment In Tertiary Institutions / PHOTOS: Zenith Bank's Management Team Pay A Visit To Allegedly Beg Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.