Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,884 members, 7,912,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 08:25 AM

Let There Be Peace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let There Be Peace (510 Views)

If The Rest Of The World Leave Earth For Muslim There Wont Be Peace / And God Said: Let There Be Light! / Why there will never be peace in Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let There Be Peace by dewalt(m): 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
LET THERE BE PEACE

Nigeria is a heterogeneous nation which harbors people of various ethnicity, as diverse as the ethnic groups in the country, God Almighty in His abundance blessed each and every community with enough resources which if well managed, it would be enough to cater for the citizenry.

Also, the country comprises of many religion groups out of which the most popular three (3) include: Christianity, Islam and Traditional religion and this is supposed to be a blessing.

Today, these religions that were introduced into Nigeria in order to bring us closer to God and ensure peaceful co-existence have turned to something else, this is so sad and that is why I am writing this with a sad mind. Today, Muslims and Christians that are supposed to be brothers and sisters to one another have successfully turned to enemy of one another, instead of helping each other, we now look for loopholes in religion so that we can condemn their activities, as if they are political parties that are soliciting for vote from the masses: the case of political parties is understandable to an extent, because they must convince people that their party is the best. But in religion, can someone please tell me whom we are trying to convince, God, Satan or human? Do we need the support of someone before our religion that was established by God can progress? Do we need to bring anyone down or paint any religion black because we want ours to be accepted?

I have read many articles on social media but the irony of it is that, the same thing that Christians accused Muslims for is what Muslims are accusing Christians of, most of these devil deciples that disguised like Angels only repackage, change religion name and format but to my surprise, when the broadcast get to us, we tend to accept them hook, line and sinker without minding the source, as if we have no brain, as if we are not human, as if social media have already carved away our sense of reasoning.

The devil that we both rebuke have successfully gain his way into our heart and brain with the use of tricks, and the two religions that supposed to unite, pray and seek God's intervention on the national economy now wages war either directly or indirectly against one another.

I remember when I was younger, our family friends then was a Christian, during Xmas, myself and my siblings will be with them for celebration also during Sallah, they are always with us, in fact, we do kill our ram together, this was so because there was a genuine love between us and so there was peace, no one is suspicious of another. Today, I doubt if such relationship still exists between both religion. WHY? HAS THE PRINCIPLES OF BOTH RELIGIONS CHANCE OR WE THE PRACTITIONERS CHANGED? WHY THE DISCRIMINATION, WHY THE HATRED, WHY THE ARGUEMENT, WHY THE HOSTILITY, WHY, Muslims and Christians, WHY?

sometimes ago in Osun State, both the Governor and the Deputy practices the same religion and there was no war, am sure that such cannot happen again, why? Has the religions changed from what they used to be in those day when there was peace or we decided to make life difficult for ourselves?

I always say this whenever and wherever I have opportunity to address people " Don't fight for God, He is not a coward, He is able, He is capable, He is not helpless or defenseless, He does not need you to maintain His position, He is the omniscient and omnipotent, He is the greatest, so He does not need any one's intervention or support to remain and retain His position.

Dear Christians and Muslims, I beg you in the name of God that you serve, let us stop looking for loopholes to attack each other, let us stop the criticism, let us stop this unnecessary fight for supremacy, let us unite again, let peace reign again because whatever action we take now whether for peace to reign or for continuous violence wither direct or indirect, over or covert, posterity will judge us. The current challenge in the country is enough for us to battle with rather than engaging in war of words and indirect fight.

Until we (Muslims and Christians) come together and pray, stop our useless and baseless jealous, criticism and senseless supremacy war, I doubt if the will ever be peace as it used to be in the past.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Luqman A. Alawode

(1) (Reply)

What Do Muslim Mean By Religion Of Peace, Is Islam Really About Peace? / Pastor Bashes New Acura Jeep Church Member Brought To Him For Dedication / PHOTO: Coffin Of Murdered Abuja Evangelist, Mrs Eunice Olawale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.