Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,984 members, 7,876,720 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 03:20 AM

Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? (14774 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland. / I Got A Fantastic Job Through Nairaland / Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 18, 2017
Is this why you want to go and serve .... grin grin grin
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 18, 2017
Well, without it, I am not sure I would be employed.
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by shunlet(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2017
I was also retained in my place of primary assignment... FGGC Benin City as a teacher under PTA scheme after my NYSC with an ongoing effort then to convert a number of us to full staff with federal civil service commission but I left after 5 month when I got another job in ibadan. Other guys that I left behind later got their appointment with federal civil service commission as full staffs. Thanks to NYSC, to our principal for her effort and mostly to God almighty. Batch C 2009 to 2010.

1 Like

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 18, 2017
Got an offer at my place of primary assignment, but turned it down as it did not fit in with my future plans at the time.
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by mentorken05(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2017
Yes ooo...I was retained....Nigerian Breweries plc
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Herapal(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2017
ednut1:
i was retained at my PPA, Amaogwugwu community sec school, ohuhu , abia. loving it angry
Yea right!

1 Like

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by abnot: 7:29pm On May 18, 2017
Yep was retained at Chams in October 2015 but rejected the offer after which I was given a better offer in November 2015. But when the recession came the company was badly hit and a lot of restructuring took place so due to the level of uncertainty I got another job and left after about 8 months

1 Like

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by spyroxy1(m): 7:31pm On May 18, 2017
InfinixMine:
Year 2009 topic in year 2017 undecided 8 years after..

Op don turn manager already.

Yeah.. I am a manager now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by MrMcJay(m): 7:35pm On May 18, 2017
Was retained where I served in Lagos and it has been of immense professional benefit to me. I have a very nice boss who is willing to teach you and invest his resources in your professional advancement.

Years later, I'm managing other staff and taking executive decisions in that same firm.
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Hardeyhemy: 7:39pm On May 18, 2017
Thank God oh! Bro, I need your help o, still serving in Kaduna tho
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by greencard: 7:40pm On May 18, 2017
Mine was a sec sch ..i was the only sch accounting teacher with classes over 80 each frm ss1- ss3 pay not impressive (15k)had to leave just finish service this year tho

Still searching/praying.....for a better offer
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by vani86: 7:46pm On May 18, 2017
Yes i did, was retained by visafone back in 2012
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by swagifted(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2017
I got a piece of land tru the locals and i started farming...

6 Likes

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by swagifted(m): 7:49pm On May 18, 2017
Hardeyhemy:
Thank God oh! Bro, I need your help o, still serving in Kaduna tho
southern kaduna?
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by obami007(m): 8:06pm On May 18, 2017
Yes I currently work at the place I served here in lagos
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by kunlap02(m): 8:18pm On May 18, 2017
I actually benifited from the NYSC scheme,like every prospective corp member i wanted to serve in a place flowing with milk and honey but when the call-up letter came up i was posted to Kaduna state,i was favoured and did my primary assignment in the bank,then Oceanic bank and eventually was retained along side many other corpers that served with the bank.

I remain grateful to NYSC for opportunity to show-case what i have.Like what people will say with a banking experience you have an edge when you apply for a job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by joinnow: 8:31pm On May 18, 2017
Do you mean bank no longer come to camp to conduct interview?
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Ssshyne(m): 8:40pm On May 18, 2017
osbar67:
No i did'nt but even if I were asked to stay after POP i wouldnt have agreed because I served with LG secretariat and I was not impressed with what I saw/discovered about Nig LG's then.it's just a place where people come and distribute money without necessarily doing anything that's worth it.I thing working there is more or less like staying idle.
you are right, the only thing they do there is to watch African magic and gossip..just wasting away
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Enosa1(m): 8:41pm On May 18, 2017
spyroxy1:

Yeah.. I am a manager now and eager to help NYSC members
wow..congratulations sir, and please FYI I am a youth corp member
sad
spyroxy1:

wow..congratulations sir, and please FYI I am a youth corp member
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 18, 2017
spyroxy1:
I got retained in my PPA and was retained and now I am a senior officer there today.

Please share your experience

lalasticlala

Niger Dock

Guy give me work naaa for Niger dock...I ve heard so much abt them......

in btw wen did u serve
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by 1miccza: 8:43pm On May 18, 2017
op ahn ahn wot apiiiinnn? Pikin wey Dem born when you do this thread don dey toast babe o wetiiiinnnn?
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 18, 2017
coolestchris:
I am hoping to be retained by governor ambode in his cabinet as a Lagos corper

guy,wake up
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Franky9584(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2017
retain wetin?....mtchewwwwww
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by aribabz(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2017
osbar67:
No i did'nt but even if I were asked to stay after POP i wouldnt have agreed because I served with LG secretariat and I was not impressed with what I saw/discovered about Nig LG's then.it's just a place where people come and distribute money without necessarily doing anything that's worth it.I thing working there is more or less like staying idle.

Most lg and ministry's are like that in Nigeria. The workers there don't Even have anything tangible doing not to talk of corp members
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 18, 2017
spyroxy1:

I'm still serving, but need a job too undecided
Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by ussy09(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2017
candylips:
nope i got booted out sad
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Get A Job Through NYSC Scheme? by ibietela2(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2017
So since 2009,the useless moderator is just seeing this post on that rubbish nysc

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Not A Waste Of Time, Says DG / NYSC Bans Unauthorized Journeys By Corps Members / Nysc 2021 Batch C

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.