Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,265 members, 7,887,770 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? (1871 Views)

Naturally Determining The Sex Of Your Babies - By Francis Ewherido / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 12:48am On Jun 18, 2016
Who purposely tried to conceive twins naturally? How long did it take to be successful? What did you eat/do/use?
Thank you so much!
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by kio052001(m): 1:21am On Jun 18, 2016
you should have eaten enough una yam
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by Creamish(f): 1:56am On Jun 18, 2016
Isn't it genetically linked? D'u have a history of multiple birth in ur family?
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 6:44am On Jun 18, 2016
Creamish:
Isn't it genetically linked? D'u have a history of multiple birth in ur family?
yes.....my mother's mom had twins twice.....
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 6:45am On Jun 18, 2016
kio052001:
you should have eaten enough una yam
does una yam help?.....in what way pls?
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by Onegai(f): 8:37am On Jun 18, 2016
I hear it is genetic and comes from the mother's side. But is there such a way or do you have to take fertility drugs to make it happen?
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by kio052001(m): 8:43am On Jun 18, 2016
omonighoblessing:
does una yam help?.....in what way pls?
it boosts hormones (medical personal can explain better)

Nigeria has 1 of the highest multiple birth in the world with three regions having the oldest set of multiple birth alive and I region in Ogun state is having the highest number and oldest set of multiple birth recorded
when researchers went to find out why, they came up with the eating of una yam
and there 2 types, am not sure which 1 of them is predominantly found in that region

I read it on a Chinese website a very long time ago
plz Google search to find out more information
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by iyke1989(m): 10:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Mim.zy did...lol
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by vonn(f): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
interesting
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
iyke1989:
Mim.zy did...lol
It seems bomb is inside your head. The young lady must be giving y'all sleepless nights.

@OP, if you eventually find a way around it, please come and share. wink
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
kio052001:

Nigeria has 1 of the highest multiple birth in the world with three regions having the oldest set of multiple birth alive and I region in Ogun state is having the highest number and oldest set of multiple birth recorded
and there 2 types, am not sure which 1 of them is predominantly found in that region

am so very much grateful, thanks for the useful info..I will Google as u adviced
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

It seems bomb is inside your head. The young lady must be giving y'all sleepless nights.

most definitely dear.....I sure will.cheesy
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lalasticlala mynd44 RoyalRoy i need your help
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by iyke1989(m): 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

..and the detonator is in ur pussee...want me to give u some head so we can have an explosion? grin ...I've been reading comments..don't even know who the fvck she is...and here u are... d!ckriding!!
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonighoblessing:
most definitely dear.....I sure will.cheesy
I heard yams help, I can't be so sure how true. 'thought birthing twins is supposed to be genetic?
Well, I am sure ARTs boost chances of multiple birth(s), also heard of clomid, though it shouldn't be taken without being monitored by a doctor.
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

I heard yams help, I can't be so sure how true. 'thought birthing twins is supposed to be genetic?
Well, I am sure ARTs boost chances of multiple birth(s), also heard of clomid, though it shouldn't be taken without being monitored by a doctor.
not sure what ART means....but heard Clomid has some side effects. ....Am I correct?
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by dfrost: 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Kachisbarbie you mean yams as in real "yams"? never heard of that before. I was working on a research on why Yorubas have the most twin related pregnancies in Nigeria? Could it be what they eat or what? I'm not sure.
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonighoblessing:

not sure what ART means....but heard Clomid has some side effects. ....Am I correct?
ART _ Assisted Reproductive Technology(i.e) IVF, IUI, ICSI...etc.
So I heard too, you can read up 'bout it and its side effects...

https://www.nairaland.com/1398403/foods-increase-chances-having-twins
^^^checkout this thread.

dfrost:

Kachisb arbie you mean yams as in real "yams"? never heard of that before. I was working on a research on why Yorubas have the most twin related pregnancies in Nigeria? Could it be what they eat or what? I'm not sure.
yels ke.
Yams as in "ji" "isu"... wareva grin. Someone once told me water-yam.
Do yorubas really eat lots of yams? All the asaro at work hah? Lols.
I wouldn't know if that's what they eat, but I couldn't help noticing they have lots and lots of twins.

2 Likes

Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by dfrost: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

yels ke.
I wouldn't know if that's what they eat, but I couldn't help noticing they have lots and lots of twins.

Yes. They do eat lots of yam especially pounded yam. Ekiti state is renowned for yam eating oooo. I was leaning towards ewedu. It just had to be something. Hmmm *thinking aloud*
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by omonighoblessing(f): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

ART _ Assisted Reproductive Technology(i.e) IVF, IUI, ICSI...etc.
So I heard too, you can read up 'bout it and its side effects...

https://www.nairaland.com/1398403/foods-increase-chances-having-twins
^^^checkout this thread.

yels ke.
thank u kachisbarbie.......U have helped a lot.
Re: Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!? by MicroBox: 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
kio052001:

Waoh! what a coincidence my friend came from that state and all his younger ones were twins humm 2 set of twins

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See What This Girl Was Caught Doing That Got Facebook Users Speechless / 23 Things Only People Who Were Raised By Really Strict Parents Understand / Is 10 Year Gap Too Much For A Wife ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.