Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,773 members, 7,945,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

Correct The Trabal Names When Making A Statement - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Correct The Trabal Names When Making A Statement (345 Views)

FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / How Do I Correct The Mistake I Made During Utme Registration? / How To Correct The Mistakes Made During The UTME Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Correct The Trabal Names When Making A Statement by houstonia(m): 5:43am On Jun 18, 2016
Hi NLders , I just felt I should correct a common notion which has become a cliche amongst a lot of Nigerians include big time media personalities.

Please it is completely wrong to refer to any Nigerian tribe attaching the S suffix. Such as Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas and Fulanis . This is utterly wrong no matter the tribe you are referring to. Simply stating the name of the tribe is more correct than attaching an English suffix which automatically westernizes it. Hence the name of the tribe also refers to the language and the people. Simply said is The Yoruba, the Hausa, the Igbo and the Fulani.

Abi have you ever heard the Britishs or Frenchs ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Correct The Trabal Names When Making A Statement by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 18, 2016
Good one op.

(1) (Reply)

For Your Genuine And Reliable Project Topics And Materials In Entrepreneurship / Download Latest Project Topics And Materials For FREE! / Study In Cyprus On Low Tution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.