Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,748 members, 7,948,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

Memories Of Cupid(2) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memories Of Cupid(2) (16786 Views)

Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah / New Story: Cupid's Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2016
Heloo loving
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
You all are welcome.. thanks for the compliments..
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
Jeenah welcomes you all to this thread.
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
Good evening, Jeenah welcomes new readers

have fun while we cruise!
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by ritababe(f): 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
quoting everybody like that they won't get your mention.
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by TheAziz: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
mehn your story is dope, i love the way you write tho
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by spikesC(m): 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
What is this nonsense? Why are you mentioning people's usernames? Is this some kind of spamming or are you just retarded?

And fix your eyebrows, you look like a slowpoke with those
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by tizblink: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
Present and following
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by divineRx(f): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nice one girl.more ink to ur pen
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by kingDELE(m): 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Registered
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
[size=25pt]Oh yea! Gently walks in through tha back door, drags a chair to tha very front row! Taking out my chilled_warm Maltina and doughnut. Takes a sip and a Bite! Ok. Ride on dude! Yu gat mha attention![/size] grin grin

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
spikesC:
What is this nonsense? Why are you mentioning people's usernames? Is this some kind of spamming or are you just retarded?

Good evening bro, am sorry if you got my mention and u got disturbed, u can just choose to unfollow the thread or ignore. I just felt some people might find this piece interesting. Besides, no one is paying me for what am doing, I just want to have a big house since am a new writer. am sorry tho.

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
ritababe:
quoting everybody like that they won't get your mention.

@ ritababe, tanks but I think am done with the mentioning since some find it annoying. You are welcome ma
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by ritababe(f): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
jeenah:

@ ritababe, tanks but I think am done with the mentioning since some find it annoying. You are welcome ma

yeah is really anonying though becus you didn't add why you are quoting them.
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by ritababe(f): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
spikesC:

don't you think you are too harsh? undecided

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2016

Sandra dabbed her hands with the hand towel as she came out of the kitchen. It was Sunday so it meant she was going to prepare fresh vegetables and fish stew enough to last Wole till the end of the week. She joined Wole to watch his favourite TV series-Dear diary. He munched on the cornflakes on the table before him. The flakes teased his buds and he sighed in delight. Fruits and fibers cornflakes was one of his best cornflakes. He also loved Nasco cornflakes. Sandra stroke his fingers lightly and smiled at him. She was getting used to her being around him. She just hoped he would soon be due to go into the processes. The doctor had promised he would get a good physiotherapist for him. She seriously wanted him to get back on his feet- at least; the guilt would stop hurting her.
She finished with the cooking and dished him a plate of Semovita with vegetables and fish stew. she packed the remnants into the refrigerator. she packed her clothes into her small leather bag. She needed to get to her hostel that evening in order to catch up with her early morning lectures which was scheduled for 7:30am by her strident lecturer-Mr. Bada who was a thorn in the flesh.
“Wole, am going already” she announced.
“Oh. Thanks for the food though. I enjoyed it”
“It’s just a pity I can’t drop you off myself” he said in a flat tone.
Sandra looked into his eyes. They were hopeful. They were like a cute little puppy asking to be lifted up and cuddle.
“It’s okay, I’ll fix myself. Take care of yourself okay?” she placed a light kiss on his left cheek and bade him goodbye.
“Baby, where is the ring I gave you on your birthday?” Nella asked as he slowly crept into bed and tucked himself in.
“errm.. You said what?” Vera froze. She covered her face cleanser and disposed off the cotton wool she was using to clean her face.
“I just asked you a question. And why did you freeze like that. Did you misplace it or something?”
“No. errm, I was cooking and erm”
“And my friend Alex kept it for you while you were cooking?”
Vera shifted uncomfortably. She had returned home the evening she went to see Alex and had found out her ring wasn’t on her right finger.
“Well, Alex asked me to give you when I saw him at the club. For Christ sake how did the ring get to him?”
“Nella, probably it slipped off and he took it for me when he came to my bank today”
“Oh, really? The Alex that I know does mobile banking and when I met him at the club, he told me he travelled to I.b and he just returned so he wanted to chill off at the club.
Vera bit her fingers. Butterflies were beginning to waggle through the walls of her stomach.
“Dear Madam, I think you should be concerned with how you are gonna get pregnant soon and not seeing my own friend. That shows how shameless you are” Nella spat. Vera blinked away her tears as her earlobes turned as hot as hell.
“And I think I have to say this. Why have you been wearing big suits to your bank these days? These suits are obviously not your size. You’ve only changed your hair four times after the one you made for the wedding which is very much unlike you. Then your make up has been wack! What happened to the fashionista I married?”
“It’s just been six months Mrs. Nella if you have to be reminded. Six months!”
Vera blinked her eyes as salt substance threatened to roll down her cheeks. Had her husband just said those words to her or she was just dreaming. She pinched herself to get herself out of her trance. What had gotten over her once loving husband? Afterall, she hadn’t given in to Alex’s offer or should she call it deal. She stared at her husband who was snoring away on the bed. Then her gaze slowly drifted to the pictures hung on the wall.

It was first a picture they had snapped when they had gone to at the top, the 124th floor which was the observation deck of the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa in Dubai.Iit was obvious Nella was balancing a tray in one hand with a bucket of ice and a bottle of wine with two champagne glasses. Linen was also draped on his arm and they had taken the picture like that. They were smiling though, like two soul mates drunk in love. Vera could remember they were later served with some steaks in barbecue sauce. It also had mashed potato and some corn and carrots in butter. A young boy had requested for them to be snapped with his Polaroid camera and they had obliged even though his parents had scolded him. It wasn’t the boy’s faults for he had just been bought the camera.
Vera had leaned her body forward, blowing kisses into the camera .Nella was beside her with one of his arms wrapped around her waist and the other one was above her head, giving her bunny ears. The second one shot was the one she had stood face-to-face with her husband. She had placed her hands around his chest while his hands did justice to her fingers. It was a very close and intimate gesture that the boy’s parents had even commented on the nice post.
While the third one shot was the one she had held her head up regally like a Greek goddess. She had decided to be creative which had caught Nella’s drift. The latter had planted some kisses on her cheeks which had made a blush crept on her them. A tingling feeling had started on the base of her spine and then spread throughout her entire body. They made some weird poses and the boy squealed with glee as he snapped away with his camera.
“Thank you so much!” the boy had said as he began waving around the Polaroid images he had gotten from them. He had waited for the images to appear and then squealed with delight when he saw them. He began to sort them out .He had placed the ones with the weird poses in his jacket and then started to study the others.
“For you, lady” he had told Vera as he handed her one of the photographs.
“She’s a Mrs.” Nella corrected as he raised his wife’s fingers for him to see while Vera’s icy heart melted away softly. she looked down at her delicate golden wedding bands as her cheeks flushed some shades of pink.
“Pardon him Mr. He’s just a little boy” his mother said grinning from ear to ear. Vera could sensed she had noticed they were newlyweds.
“Am sorry Mrs. And for you Mr.” the boy held out another photograph for Nella. Nella bent down and ruffled the boy’s hair as he accepted the Polaroid picture the boy offered him.
A sob broke through her chest as salt water dripped down her eyes. What about those happy moments, those happy days. Why had Nella spoken to her like that? What had she done wrong?.
She squealed out, her face losing blood. She could hear it rushing down her body to her heart because she needed it to keep on beating after it had shattered. Vera went numb as she rose to her full height with glossy eyes and walked to the bathroom to cry her eyes out. She went back to the room and picked her phone. What am i going to do? Call my mom? What happened to my super duper marriage? She asked herself over and over again as she broke into tears again.

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
Elyme creased her eyebrows as she pushed the door open and entered Jimi’s room. A blonde girl with caramel coloured ponytail and tiny legs had just lashed her with words. She had noticed it was the same girl she saw at the party few days back.
“Jimi, who is that girl?” Elyme’s lips fell open in disgust as she directed the question to Jimi who had just emerged from the restroom.
“Violet?” jimi chuckled in response
“Whatever her fucking name is” Elyme wheezed out, simmered with anger.
“Common, you told me not to use swear words and you are here using it” jimi replied, stressing each word dramatically.
“Am sorry. I just couldn’t select the right words. Besides, the girl mouth-lashed me as I was climbing the stairs to your room”
“I also saw her at the party few days back. Who is she and what’s she doing here cause evidently she sleeps here.”
Jimi licked his lips.
“hmmm.. Someone is jealous here” he laughed boisterously.
“Am not jealous, I just need to know” she chided as she tried to straighten her face in denial. She almost gave herself a whiplash in the process.
No matter how hard she tried concealing the fact that she was jealous. It was still glaring she was. They were both head over heels in love with each other. Just that anytime the love wanted to be confessed to the other, something would always stop it. An occurrence, a strong force of ill-lucks would always block the confession of the love they both felt towards each other. Something they both didn’t understand.
“Well, her name is Violet. She’s the girl I told you about”
“Really? did you?”
“Yeah and you were like “Is Violet a name?”
“Oh.. I see, but why has she got such a bad leaky mouth? This is Niger o, not Italy so she’s better behaved herself”
“Lest I forget. Happy birthday in advance, you are gonna be eighteen tomorrow, July 18!” jimi exclaimed as he adjusted the fedora on his head which made him look nothing less than a gangster.
Elyme blushed and muttered some grunts of thanks as she looked deeply into those blue-slash-grey eyes of his as she took in the beautiful view of the horizontal silhouette of the mansion her gaze fell at outside the window.
“Thanks dear” she muffled a reply.
“I wanna be the first to greet you though, so get your phone charged plus my driver is gonna drop some stuffs for you tomorrow by 7:00am” he said as he curtsied and made a gracious bow., narrowing his eyes as the corner of his lips turned into a savage smile
Elyme gape opened her mouth. Her skin flushed some shades of red until she was like a tomato.
“Thanks jimi but you don’t really have to…..” her breathe hitched in her throat as the door opened to reveal Sewedo and Vio. She had thought it was Violet. she knew the latter was trying to get attention from jimi in order to fulfill whatever she wanted.
“Happy birthday in advance!” Sewedo and Viovenna chorused as they walked into the room. Vio wrapped her tiny hands around Elyme. Sewedo winked at her and promised her he would send her his gifts the next day. Viovenna looked into Elyme’s eyes and kissed her cheeks lightly. Her eyes were the strangest colour of green and specks of blue. Her iris had golden band around it. Her eyes depicted they were gotten from their late mother who was an Italian beauty to behold.

Elyme sighed with sheer bliss and thanked them after which Jimi suggested they went to the mall and also to the hillside of the estate to have some fresh way. They got some caramel ice creams from the kitchen and they all made their merry ways out of the wing. They ignored the couple of curses and deranged cries violet let out. Sewedo cranked the volume of the music playing on his phone up and they all chorused Jessie J’s domino’s song except Vio who mumbled some words she didn’t know.

“I’m feeling sexy and free
Like glitter’s raining on me
You’re like a shot of pure gold
Think I’m about to explode…

I can taste the tension like a cloud of smoke in the air
And I’m breathin’ like I’m running
Coz’ you’re taking me there,
Don’t you know?
You spin me out of control…..”

They chuckled and smiled when they realized it was time for the melodious chorus.

“Rock my world until the sunlight
Make this dream the best I’ve ever known
Dirty dancing in the moonlight
Take me down like I’m a domino

Every second is a highlight
When we touch don’t ever let me go
Dirty dancing in the moonlight
Take me down like I’m a domino….”

Elyme unplugged her earpiece and placed her head on the plush pillow. She had just tucked the twins into their beds after they had practiced the birthday songs they would sing for her in her presence!. Not only that, they had revealed the gifts they both planned to give her.

“hmm, I can’t wait to give aunty Elyme the cake mommy brought and also the …” Victoria had said.

“shhhh, Vickie, I thought we already said we wouldn’t make the mistake of telling her” Victor had also replied.

“But you were the one that reminded of the cake when you said you perceived the smell of cake”
“Victoria you are a liar! I only said that so that we would not make the mistake of talking about the perfume we haven’t wrapped!”

Then, Elyme had gone into bouts of laughter. She then got to know the twin’s mother who owned a shop where she baked cakes and made delicious pastries had brought a cake that evening when she was away and the twins had also contributed money to buy her a nice perfume. She thanked them and read them their bed time folktales for few minutes before they drifted into sleep. She kissed them and sighed in relief.

“thank God they’ve finally slept, it’s a relief. Damn! Children are indeed wonderful creatures” She mumbled as she walked to her parent’s room to greet them before retiring to bed. She greeted her parents who were busy gisting away in their room about the business of the next day.

She had planned it to be brief but it had been elongated when her mother called her into the big room and had engaged in a long prayer section. Elyme yawned severally to cut her prayers short. She thought her mother would get the message but the latter didn’t.

She prolonged the prayer the more as she chipped in birthday blessings. Elyme sighed and mumbled her “Amen”. She stretched her hands and squinted her eyes to prevent the bright light illumination in the hall way from blinding her. She glanced at the wall clock and it was 10:00pm. She was tired and needed to sleep.

She could remember she danced into the early hours of her birthday when she clocked seventeen but she wasn’t ready to engage into any dancing section again. Images of the day’s event flashed through her mind and she grinned widely.

The day had been fun and amusing. She had enjoyed every bits of the time spent at the mall and the hill side. The breeze which rubbed against their skins had made them ‘oomph!’ in delight. They had also bought three VIP tickets for a movie at the cinema he next day which promised to be beautiful for Elyme with the plans they made already. Sewedo had suggested they informed their dad about the birthday preparations as they planned to be out from morning till night but Jimi had kicked against it, saying he didn’t want to talk to him or have anything to do with his father till he found out who his father was in love with.

“To hell with the woman” he had cursed under his breathe. Well, luck hadn’t been on his side for Elyme had heard and had forced him to retracting his words.

Elyme checked the time on her phone. It was 10:30pm already. She had spent thirty minutes remembering the events of the day. She put her pillow on her head and shut her eyes close enough to squeeze out the fluid in them. Her phone fell from her hand as she slowly drifted to the land of sleep and slumber. As for Jimi, she knew she had fallen for him hook, line and sinker.

July 18.
12:00am

Elyme tossed on the bed. She coughed out loud and turned to another side to sleep. She coughed again, this time louder. She opened one eye and saw something that shook her to her bones. The room was smoky. She crinkled her nose as she raised her eyes up to see a tall being clothed in black facing the mirror.
Elyme deepened her frown as she sat on the bed with her pillow clung to her chest. Her heart thudded deep in her chest, making it feel like it was going to run out of her into the smoke. The man turned to face her as if it was the normal thing he did and was good at. Elyme gulped loudly as she looked at the man, scared for life. The man chuckled, low and throaty, making chills run down her back.
“Who.. who.. Are you please?” Elyme stammered. There was a fluttering sensation deep in her belly. It was like there was a coil inside her that was suddenly being stretched tighter and tighter. It made her vision swim and her body sway in fright.

His nostrils flared and he drew himself to his full height. He walked closer to her and she shifted on her bed. She glanced at the wall clock, it was five minutes past twelve already. Her birthday! Was she going to be murdered on her birthday? Thousand thoughts waved to and fro her mind. Her phone rang and she trembled as she looked at the caller I.D. it was Jimi. The man waved his hand towards her phone and it went dead instantly.

Elyme rolled her eyes, glaring at him as he walked closer to her bed.

“I am Hermes. The god of travel and messenger of the gods”

“gods? which gods? Why are you here, who….”

He let out another chuckle, sounding menacing as he looked and stared up at her with piercing yellow snake-like eyes.

He chortled, throwing back his head, resulting in his cloak revealing his identity. Elyme widened her eyes, her fingers flying up to cover her mouth before a loud gasp would escape her lips. She needed to cry, not gasp in order to wake her family up. But something tingled inside of her, she wanted to find answers and know about whatever gods the man before her was talking about.

His skin was a pale sickening green with yellow scales overlapping each other. His lips were a darker mint green but completely chapped and thin. He slithered his snake-tongue out while Elyme took in his photoshopped physique.

“Human, don’t question me, we have to go to the underworld now. Hades and the gods await your arrival” A current of electricity ran through her body as she took the words in.

The golden curls in his hair made his hair glow. He was inches taller than her and although he might have had muscle underneath his garments, making him look drop dead gorgeous.

“Uh, I still don’t understand you. Who is Hades and why is he or she awaiting my coming?”
Herman rolled his eyes and muttered something in his native language. A muscle twitched on his cheeks, making it look like they had hollow depressions in them- Sort like dimples.

“Human, bid this world a goodbye. For we are going to the underworld, where your soul has been. It’s time for your body to go there. It’s been destined you would go to where you belong on your eighteenth birthday and now is the time!”

She was quiet for a couple of seconds, searching in her mind to see if she really believed him. But the problem was that she did. Somehow, in the insanity of her mind, she believed everything that Hermes was telling her.

“Be prepared, the moment you touch me, your mortal shell will crumble then there’ll be darkness till we get to the underworld” he announced.

“That’s incredibly scary” she cried.

Hermes cracked a smile as he stretched his hands towards her and she slowly placed her fingers in his hand. They bought vanished into the air, leaving back in the room a black mist. Elyme trembled as she welcomed the darkness that enveloped her world.

2 Likes

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
Now some characters would go into extinction.
then mythology would come in.... OMG, I love mythology and the likes of Greek gods.
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by estybae(f): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wow, this update is so cool pls keep it up jeenah. The last part was kinda scary though, lols.
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
ritababe:

yeah is really anonying though becus you didn't add why you are quoting them.

well, I thought they would understand that when they got to the thread. I have taken it down by the way..

Welcome again ma
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by bellovers(m): 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nice one Jeenah,Hades tho, That monster..Geez
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
ritababe:

I think he just showed the level of his maturity.. Thanks tho
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
hmm, fear dey catch me ooo
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Rukkydelta(f): 12:09am On Jun 27, 2016
What a nice piece Osmiley
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by spikesC(m): 12:53am On Jun 27, 2016
ritababe:

Errrm, no am not. This is the same level of scammers scraping forums and harvesting people's email addresses to send them scam.
She should have known better
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by ndujekwu(m): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2016
Nice..... *hands crossed*, *clock ticking*... we waiting for more stories jaaare.

Can't believe am glued on getting more. I had to do dis.... lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by vena3(f): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2016
Is she dead? I mean Elyme, she better come back alive oooo! Why is Mrs nella taking panadol for her husband headache? Instead of her to enjoy her life until the truth surface. Nice write up, 'he /she' thing sometime are used wrongly.
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by ebudera(f): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2016
Guy lik seriously
Wats u take in dat?

Was all dat really necessary?
spikesC:

Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by ebudera(f): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Dis is 1daful,love d way u bring in ur characters.
Pls kontinue
Can't wait
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thank u all.. sorry if there are typo errors, I dont edit often..
update comes up tomoro#

please check this https://www.nairaland.com/3191101/check-it
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Fijumokesayo(f): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Superb story, good job Jeenah. God bless you.
Re: Memories Of Cupid(2) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hermes stepped away from her as they reached their destination-Pluto’s headquarters.Elyme slowly turned around as the darkness cleared off. To her right was a big cave, while to her left was something she didn’t really know. She looked at entrance and her jaw slacked in surprise and amazement as she took in the beauty of the entrance. Beautiful gemstones shone at the entrance.

“Welcome Miss Elyme, Hades informed me about your arrival already and you are free to go in” Cerberus asked. He was a giant immortal being who guarded the entrance to the underworld and to Hade’s cavern.

Elyme shook with fright as she wondered how the giant man had known her name.
“Since she’s immortal now right?” he asked Hermes, almost in a whisper while Hermes nodded affirmatively. He gazed at the shade which passed with pain in his eyes. He wasn’t surprised anyway. He saw thousands of shades with different emotions pass by every second.

Hermes held Elyme’s hand and entered. Elyme stared with admiring eyes at the black polished walls and golden chandeliers hung on the high ceilings as they entered the chambers of the underworld. Black roses also adorned the black marble tiles, illuminating the eerie yet enchanting place. Elyme was surprised to see the black roses which were rare in the world she came from. She snapped out of her musings as Hermes fastened her hand to his tighter. Elyme stared at the shades passing by and they stared back at her and Hermes too.

She made a mental note to ask anyone she could once they got to wherever Hermes was taking her to. She wanted to know if they were also from the world like hers or they were also living in the underworld. Most of them were looking heavy-hearted though.
Black curtains covered the windows, preventing her to see the outside of the palace and a ruby red coloured rug ran up ending its length at the feet of the grand throne atop the smooth black marble tiles.

The tunnel they were working in was dark but light from a particular source as they approached it. She really didn’t need to be told where she was; she knew. She was in the underworld and she glanced up at the man sitting on the throne, the only thing that could enter her mind was writing a letter to Disney about his depiction of Hades.
He was not grey, black or ugly, nor did he have fiery blue hair like the way Disney had depicted him.
No, the man sitting on the throne was a complete and utter God at finest.

Elyme gulped, staring at the God on the throne with wide eyes and then turned to look at Hermes. He smirked behind her and then up at Hades.
“Hades,” Hermes bowed his head humbly in respect and motioned at Elyme.

“She’s here safe and sound”

“Indeed,” Hades spoke quietly, his eccentric blue eyes shining curiously as he stared at the girl beside Hermes. He discovered she had grown and changed from the little girl the fates placed in her mother’s womb eighteen years ago.

“You… you.. Asked this man to bring me here?” Elyme stuttered, staring at the handsome man sitting on the sleek black throne. She looked from Hermes to Hades and then from Hades to Hermes. Hermes was nothing compared to the man sitting on the throne. Hermes had a cleft chin compared to Hades who had a finely chiseled chin. Hermes also had an odd ugly angle on his nose. He had a tiny scar above his eyebrows and a scaly-like skin.

The god before her was not a crusty old man with a white beard. He was like a model. Her eyes travelled to the top of the throne. On it was written “the god of death and riches”.she breathed in sharply. The god’s beauty was so overwhelming that all she could do was to stare at him with wide eyes.

His hair was black, the ends curling a bit around his neck and they looked extremely soft as if they would easily melt underneath the touch of a being.
His jaw was so refined and muscled that her fingers itched to trace them.

Light facial whiskers embellished his face, making him look rugged and completely dangerous. His soft red lips were slowly turning upward in a smirk as her eyes travelled lower. He was dressed in dark silk robes, long enough to cover his entire body but the neckline was low enough to give away to the imagination.

Even through the dark expensive looking robe, one could notice the muscles protruding underneath. His collarbone was strong and his shoulder broad, making elyme bite her lip harder to keep herself from falling at his feet. She however pinched herself as she got hold of herself. Jimi was enough for her. All she wanted was to find answers to what Hermes said, find out there were lies and then return to her world. Her parents’ faces flashed through her mind and she sighed. Who knew what they would be into? Looking for their daughter on her birthday.

She really itched in curiosity to see what her father’s gift especially would be. But first thing first, she must get out of the so called god of death and riches’ palace.
“Are you done staring and brooding?” Hades sneered, his facial features not changing whatsoever. Even when he scrounged up his face in disgust, he seemed gorgeous.

Elyme flushed some shades of red. she was embarrassed. Who did that on a first visit to a strange place? She bit her lips and tried to fix the correct words in. she turned to Hermes but noticed he was no more there. Had Hades dismissed him? Or had he vanished to get another person hooked in Hades’ palace? She sighed as she continued to rack her brain for the right words.

“Forgive me, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable” she finally said.
Hades shrugged, standing up from his throne and slowly walked down to her. “I’d stare at myself too if I were in your place; I’m just so handsome, am I not?”
She frowned. He spoke words of boast. Was he a proud god?
“I spoke to you, I expect an answer” he snapped and scowled at her.

He stared at her, his eyes expressionless as they scrutinized her face slowly. He turned away from her abruptly and began walking away.

“Are you coming or not?” He snapped again, sounding quiet impatient and so bad a host. That was her first time in his kingdom for Pete’s sake.
Elyme gritted her teeth, her bare feet making soft paddling noises as she tried to catch up to him. Even though the god of the underworld was colder than the freezing temperatures of Antarctica, his palace was surprisingly warm.

“Are you going to tell me why I’m here with you and when am going back?” she asked quietly.
Hades clenched his jaw, eyeing her through the corner of his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. Maybe he had done it thoughtlessly or maybe he had done it on purpose, but when he crossed his arms over his chest, his muscles seemed to tighten and look more mouth-watering than before.

Elyme tore her gaze away from his muscular arms and ran her fingers through her hair. She missed the twins’ whinnings and dramas. Elyme repeated her question and his eyes gazed at her with such ferocious anger; she could feel it emanating from his skin.
”You dare question a god?” Hades rolled his eyes, holding the urge to smack some senses into her.
“Am I not allowed to ask questions? I need to know when am going back, dear god” she stressed the word ’god’ dramatically and bit her bottom lip.

Hades hissed, his low voice deepening with anger coursing through his body. He just wished he could send her to Tartarus for few hours. But he didn’t want to anger the fates. He had angered them enough.
Elyme would have been nice, but the god was making it hard for her. She was generally a nice person, curt but respectful.

“You’ll be staying with me in this palace. Here is your room. I am going to have a meeting with my family members and some other gods in the inner chambers. There will be a ball tonight so get ready” He informed coldly and vanished but not without leaving a grey coloured mist which made Elyme sneeze. His mist more concentrated and choky than Herme’s.

Am sorry for this short update.i just got back home and am very tired. Just wanted to drop this for my ardent readers and of course the queen(@estybae).
More updates coming tomorrow please. I just hope am able to charge this laptop of mine.

A SHADE MEANS A SOUL (OF A DEAD PERSON).

TARTARUS MEANS A DARK AND GLOOMY PART OF THE REALM OF HADES(WHICH SMELLS OF BURNT RUBBER OR SO) RESERVED FOR THE DAMNED AND THE WICKED. THIS IS WHERE DISOBEDIENT AND WICKED SHADES SPEND THEIR ETERNITY IN THE UNDERWORLD(SIMILAR TO HELL)
I would be drop the meanings of this terms at the end of any episode I write on hades and others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Sweet And Lovely Houseboy (part 4) / What Should This Be Called? / My Flash/short Stories Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.