Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,277 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:42 PM

Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) (34641 Views)

David Mark Drives Through Loko-Oweto Road To Otukpo As Project Nears Completion / Babatunde Fashola Inspects The Dualization Of Lokoja-Benin Road (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by tbaba1234: 6:09am On Jun 19, 2016
Reference:

The APC needs something, anything to float the sunk reputation so a mere inspection will do. If you can't get chicken, vulture will do, afterall they both have wings. We need all the positive news we can get from this government.

It is just a normal visit to assess the level of work.

The APC government has a lot of things going for them and seem to be coming to their grove at the right time. A much better monetary policy and no fuel subsidy.

With the capital expenditure in the 2016 budget now working and more to come, they will have a lot of projects to commission in the next year and this money is flowing back into the economy. I expect the economy to bounce back between 6 months -1 year ...
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Iolo(m): 6:41am On Jun 19, 2016
arresa:

And power generation under OBJ hit 5000MW so what rubbish GEJ are you talking about?

If it was 5000MW under OBJ, so why was it still 5000MW under GEJ?

You are obviously telling us GEJ did not add 1 single MW..

Must you people lie and peddle silly 419 rubbish?

There's something you are missing which is that generation capacity is a different stat from actual generation. Mostly due to lack of gas, vandalism and poor planning we've never been able to generate 100% of our capacity.

Your quote says 5000MW installed during OBJ's regime but that doesn't mean they were able to generate 5000MW.

Now, GEJ left us with 11000MW generation capacity.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Consula: 6:54am On Jun 19, 2016
We must not allow the avengers hold us to ransom, shun gas thermal stations, revive MAMBILLA DAM, go SOLAR and we won't have to beg anyone to stop blowing pipelines and wells. Then if they turn to blowing up transmission infrastructure, Nigerians will now have no choice but to take the war to them Because for now, alot of persons are still sentimentally sympathetic to them, but when the power isn't coming from crude, and only SS states stay in darkness, then i think the populace will have no choice but to rethink their allegiance
adeyemi2015:
Fashola is the best among the Ministers. It baffles me whenever the Cockroaches are abusing or cursing him for the menace caused by the Avengers.
You need Fuel to power Generator, same as the Turbines, you need Gas to power them. Fash can fix electricity, but the Avengers ain't gonna make it work and stable!
FYI..... the Cockroaches, BRF will be the best Minister ever in the History of Nigeria by 2018.
mark my words!
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by greatjoey: 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
bangiskings:
with this road abuja to Enugu will take me only 2:30 min God bless pmb

Don't give credit to whom it does not concern. This is GEJ project . The project got stopped by Bihari when he assumed office so as to under score the good will of Jonathan. Else, the work would have been completed by now. God bless GEJ
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by greatjoey: 7:07am On Jun 19, 2016
aieromon:
This same bridge that Senator Mark listed as one of his achievements.

Oga Fash,I wish you success.

Yes, the bridge was actually Mark's achievement .The bridge was already 87% completed before Buhari had to stop the work to under score GEJ good will
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by jaybee3(m): 7:29am On Jun 19, 2016
iamlimo:

Thanks for the moronic question. But what the Bleep do you have now? stable power supply and not darkness?
You are dumb, uncouth and filled with ignorance

Haven't you read their roadmap to sustainable incremental stable power?

I hate it when rodents think they know more than the tons of professionals working in the ministry who are tasked to provide power

Nigeria has abundant gas that would have propelled us to our desired destination hence why the power strategy at the time was centred around gas dependent turbine power systems.

A government always have to provide solutions in record time especially when they are dealing with varying demands at the same time (rightly so).

They have now realised there isn't any point harnessing the gas when we would always have distribution challenges due to obvious threats from the militants.

They have realised this and have started diversifying for a better balanced outcome that will support our desired growth.

Some of the things they are doing are as follows:
They have managed to solve the legal hurdle that stopped Prof Nnaji's Geometric power sytem from coming on-stream

They have started addressing the legal issues surrounding the mambilla hydro plant

They are looking at the feasibility of embracing nuclear power plant (Not advisable due to obvious security challenges we face in the country)

They are looking at fixing all the small hydropower plants scattered around the country

They are looking at investing in Solar power system (This is not a quick win solution since we don't have readily available funds to invest in the solution at this time)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by SonofDevil: 7:37am On Jun 19, 2016
K
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by tbaba1234: 7:41am On Jun 19, 2016
Iolo:

There's something you are missing which is that generation capacity is a different stat from actual generation. Mostly due to lack of gas, vandalism and poor planning we've never been able to generate 100% of our capacity.

Your quote says 5000MW installed during OBJ's regime but that doesn't mean they were able to generate 5000MW.

Nigeria's generation capacity is about 7,000MW.. Certainly not 11,000... But that is not relevant because we can't power many plants.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by sammft99: 8:10am On Jun 19, 2016
FASHOLA SEEMS TO BE WORKING.......BUT WHEN DID HE START THE BRIDGE UP TO THAT LEVEL? PAST GOVT OF GEJ DID IT. BUT I THANK GODS FASH WILL COMPLETE IT.
SAME TO LAGOS ,ABUJA AND ENUGU AIRPORT RECONSTRUCTION.HOPE AMAECHI WILL NOT SAY HE CONSTRUCTED THEM TOO. WE LIE EVEN WHEN WE ARE FASTING TOO BAD FOR A GENERATION
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Goldencollins: 8:18am On Jun 19, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Fashola is the best among the Ministers. It baffles me whenever the Cockroaches are abusing or cursing him for the menace caused by the Avengers.
You need Fuel to power Generator, same as the Turbines, you need Gas to power them. Fash can fix electricity, but the Avengers ain't gonna make it work and stable!
FYI..... the Cockroaches, BRF will be the best Minister ever in the History of Nigeria by 2018.
mark my words!

And a Zombie like you never mentioned all these trash during GEJ era even though power supply was better. Hypocrite. ..
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Sixfootah(m): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2016
adeyemi2015:
mark my words!
and you the mutant cockroach with brain tumor!!! Is it only gas that can give power?
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by 1kinggy(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2016
Thumbs up on the last shot.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by TosynoBlackie(m): 11:37am On Jun 19, 2016
Kudos!!! to active minister among all ministers Expecting more from u.....
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Deen77: 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Iolo:

11000mw, Fake news.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Deen77: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
jaybee3:

You are dumb, uncouth and filled with ignorance

Haven't you read their roadmap to sustainable incremental stable power?

I hate it when rodents think they know more than the tons of professionals working in the ministry who are tasked to provide power

Nigeria has abundant gas that would have propelled us to our desired destination hence why the power strategy at the time was centred around gas dependent turbine power systems.

A government always have to provide solutions in record time especially when they are dealing with varying demands at the same time (rightly so).

They have now realised there isn't any point harnessing the gas when we would always have distribution challenges due to obvious threats from the militants.

They have realised this and have started diversifying for a better balanced outcome that will support our desired growth.

Some of the things they are doing are as follows:
They have managed to solve the legal hurdle that stopped Prof Nnaji's Geometric power sytem from coming on-stream

They have started addressing the legal issues surrounding the mambilla hydro plant

They are looking at the feasibility of embracing nuclear power plant (Not advisable due to obvious security challenges we face in the country)

They are looking at fixing all the small hydropower plants scattered around the country

They are looking at investing in Solar power system (This is not a quick win solution since we don't have readily available funds to invest in the solution at this time)

They want miracle under 1 year but they where there for 5 good years.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Deen77: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

Between May 2015 and February 2016, Nigeria maintained a power average of 4,000MW.. The highest in our history.

The system collapse started on February 14, 2016 when the forcados gas pipeline was blown.

Forcados is responsible for most of our gas supply.

I am in the energy sector so I know a little about these things. Through out GEJ tenure, we barely got up to 2,500MW. What Gas revolution are you talking about

Most of the Nigerian plants couldn't get gas...

As regards power reform, OBJ laid the most important foundations but GEJ advanced it.

Don't forget d military left us with 1000MW plus, so only 3000MW was added for 16 year's of PDP.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Deen77: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

A 2 year project started in 2005 is not complete in 2016.

Obasanjo initiated it in 2005
GEJ had 5 years to complete it, he did not
Buhari should complete it

The three men might deserve some credit but it is an indictment on Nigeria that 11 years after a project started it is not complete.

Same as Ilorin to Ibadan express road still under construction.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by Iolo(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

Nigeria's generation capacity is about 7,000MW.. Certainly not 11,000... But that is not relevant because we can't power many plants.

Thanks for the correctiOn. I meant to say installed capacity which is a different stat from generation capacity.

If only we had enough gas pipes to power these plants.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by shawl: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
@tbaba1234

Your words I consider golden which brings me to how I feel NL should have been developed. That is, encourage fact based comments backed up with verifiable reference by rating them.

For a long time I have a become passive reader on NL not wanting to contribute because of a large swathe of contributors whose only aim it seems is to be able to change and deflect the narratives of any threads. I don't know to what end. E tire me no be small.

I know there are concerned people somewhere who realize this as well and may just shock NL with a better platform if NL does not sit up. There is too much derailment on NL to be able to pick out the facts because of no standards.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by osimataylor(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
jonhemma11:
Fashola today Saturday 18,June,2016 inspected resumed work on Loko-Oweto bridge over River Benue in Nasarawa/Benue states.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/fashola-inspects-resumed-work-on-loko.html
The caption of this story sounds somehow.A good English teacher will not give you a pass mark."inspect resumed work"
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by arresa: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
Iolo:

Your made up and imaginary rubbish must be hidden under your bed..

Can you please tell us or list the power plants GEJ built or they exist only in your dream?

Please stop littering the internet with nonsense..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by osimataylor(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
aieromon:
This same bridge that Senator Mark listed as one of his achievements.

Oga Fash,I wish you success.
The bridge was initiated through the efforts of David Mark.Looking at the picture you will observe that the bridge bus almost 90% complete.Ask your self when the job was awarded.Its not every time you rush to comment without thinking.
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by ocelot2006(m): 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
bashydemy1:
Then where cos we did not enjoy light for good 6yrs in my area.

Probably because you didnt want to pay your bills?
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by ocelot2006(m): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
arresa:

And power generation under OBJ hit 5000MW so what rubbish GEJ are you talking about?

If it was 5000MW under OBJ, so why was it still 5000MW under GEJ?

You are obviously telling us GEJ did not add 1 single MW..

Must you people lie and peddle silly 419 rubbish?

5000MW generated under OBJ?! LMAO! In what planet? You do know the difference between installed capacity and generated power, right?
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by bashydemy1: 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
ocelot2006:

Probably because you didnt want to pay your bills?
I live in my own house and pay my bill but still i have 4 Generating set in my house..
Re: Fashola Inspects Resumed Work On Loko-oweto Bridge Over River Benue(photos) by SenatorJames(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Let the good works continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Princess Stella Oduah Spotted With Peter Obi And Oseloka Obaze / Okey Onyekanma Resigns As Deputy Speaker In Imo / Katsina Residents Block Highways, Protest Against Bandits, Kidnappings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.