Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,979 members, 7,973,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:29 PM

Four Nigerian Banks Authorized As FX Dealers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Four Nigerian Banks Authorized As FX Dealers (1167 Views)

Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / Funny Analogy of Nigerian banks / Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Nigerian Banks Authorized As FX Dealers by Sadeik: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Four banks have fully met the criteria to be lead players of the Nigerian Foreign Exchange market.
The lead players, who would be known as Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers, FXPD, will include FirstBank of Nigeria Limited, Zenith Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.

The Central Bank of Nigeria had spoken about the creation of this primary dealers in its recently released Foreign Exchange Policy.
The CBN said: “To improve the dynamics of the market, the apex bank will introduce Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers (FXPD), who would be registered with the CBN to deal directly with the apex bank for large trade sizes on a two-way quotes basis
“These primary dealers shall operate with other dealers in the inter-bank market, among other obligations that will be stipulated in the Foreign
Exchange Primary Dealers (FXPD) Guidelines.

“There will be no predetermined spread on foreign exchange spot transactions executed through the CBN intervention with primary dealers, while all foreign exchange spot purchased by the authorized dealers are transferable in the inter-bank foreign exchange market.”
Although the CBN’s guidelines indicate that about eight or 10 banks would be registered as FXPD, only these four have qualified thus far.
In arriving at the top 10, the apex bank would consider a number of factors which include shareholders funds, liquidity ratios and volume of foreign currency assets of banks in.
source: http://www.herald.ng/four-nigerian-banks-authorized-as-fx-dealers/#lQm3HTrfyG8zdVBU.99
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Authorized As FX Dealers by JBismarck(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Authorized As FX Dealers by FastShipping: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
This looks good to me.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Authorized As FX Dealers by EnterPRO: 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
FitstBank ... truly the first.

always leading.

GTB and Zenith also representing.

I wonder what UBA is doing on that list though. puts the other 21 banks in really bad light.
Re: Four Nigerian Banks Authorized As FX Dealers by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
I knew my GTB would be there. I just knew. Never had a reason to regret banking with that institution.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairas First And Best automatic eCurrency Changer / How I Earn Daily Uploading Picture / Look At What I Just Recieved From Diamond Bank:::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.