Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,944 members, 7,912,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:18 AM

The Teaching Of This Verse... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Teaching Of This Verse... (503 Views)

A Beautiful Mosque In Turkey Designed Based On A Verse Of Qur'an / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Qur'anic Teaching About The Punishment For Blasphemy(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Teaching Of This Verse... by ademoladeji(m): 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Assalam alaekum waramatullah wabarakatuh my beloved Muslim Brothers and Sisters. I pray Allah in His infinite Mercy reward us abundantly in the month and beyond.

I was reading my Glorious Quran when I stumbled upon the verse- Surah An-Nisa (4): Verse 34...

I quote:
"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means.....
....As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) BEAT THEM (lightly, if it is useful; but if they obey you, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great "

That part 'Beat Them' is really confusing.

Please, I need someone to make clear the message in this verse.

Maa Salaam
Re: The Teaching Of This Verse... by AlBaqir(m): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kindly take your time and read every single comment on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3063732/wife-beating-islam-allowed
Re: The Teaching Of This Verse... by ademoladeji(m): 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
AlBaqir:
Kindly take your time and read every single comment on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3063732/wife-beating-islam-allowed

Thanks...

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Muslim Kill For Insulating Muhammad / Saudi arabia regarding the beginning od DHUL - HIJJAH / Why Islam Progresses Than Other Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.