Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,389 members, 7,881,408 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience (949 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady / Share Your Near Death Experience... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience by CoolKizzy(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
I remember particularly a night on Nov. 2007, Little lad, just got admission into the University, Dad gave me a Volkswagen Golf 2, big boy on an entirely new level, I felt invincible. I was driving into our estate that particular night when unfamiliar armed men stopped me at the gate, sounding aggressive, I retorted with same tone, not knowing who they were. Turns out were posted there just that night due to a robbery attempt in the estate few hours prior to my arrival and six people lost their lives in the Estates. The people I dey open eye for were men from the State Anti Robbery Squad and some military personnel and not my usual vigilante.

The provocation led to threats and then one of them armed his riffle and pointed it directly at my face, and said you must be one of them. My life flashed on my face within seconds and I thought "this is it, I'm done" Coincidentally, Daddy was coming home late that same night and he saw a gun aimed at his son when he got to the estate gate. He ran out from his car and placed himself between myself and the rifle, not wanting to know what my offense was or if the gun would go off that minute. He kept saying please he is my son, I am Hon Ken, he isn't one of them, we brought you here. The armed man lowered his gun but not without giving me a dirty slap.

Now the issue isn't if they were really going to 'waste' me as they threatened, but the fact that my Father was ready to die for me without even knowing my crime, He didn't really care, he threw himself in the line of fire first, then asked questions later. This is genuine love.
Dad may not be perfect, but I understand in my heart that there is nothing he won't sacrifice for his kids, his life inclusive.
From him I learnt to be a strong independent young man.

7 Likes

Re: My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience by thorpido(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
Most good fathers are that way.

By the way,happy father's day to all good fathers.
Re: My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Wow, Lucky you. Thank God for your life, at least you are lucky to be alive to tell the story today. Don't forget to transfer that love to your children too. Happy Father's Day to you.

1 Like

Re: My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience by CoolKizzy(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Wow, Lucky you. Thank God for your life, at least you are lucky to be alive to tell the story today. Don't forget to transfer that love to your children too. Happy Father's Day to you.

Thanks dear
Re: My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience by Prettiepearlz(f): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
CoolKizzy:

Thanks dear
You're welcome sir.
Re: My Stupidity, Daddy's Love And The Near Death Experience by dammy222(f): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Wow... Some fathers are like that .They are always ready to sacrifice their lives for their children.Thank God for your life. Happy Father's Day

(1) (Reply)

"Why The Love Of A Mother Can't Be Overemphasized"; Caption These Touching Photo / What Your Pastor Will Never Tell You / My Aunty Is Playing Me 419...help Pls!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.