Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,287 members, 7,881,069 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:50 AM

Please Help My Friend. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Help My Friend. (577 Views)

.. / Is My Friend Using Me? Help / My Friend Has Refused To Pray Because Had A Bad Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Friend. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
My good friend and neighbour approached me today after service, he said to me "Brother Ebuka, i have a problem. ever since i repented genuinely, the devil has been using my conscience to make me weak and fall. i am naturally introvert and cool even before i repented and again after repentance, i am still an introvert. i find it hard changing my personality, i feel it is part of my soul. my problem is that in the church, members are always looking at me in a judgemental way and as though i do not belong. A little encouragement will do but all i see is bunch of extroverts singing and expressing themselves, others leading the choir, carrying camera and all i do is to sit quietly at the back seat as though i have a secret sin. pls brother Ebuka, last sunday the pastor spoke about being neither cold nor hot and how the lord hates them. i then concluded that i do not belong to the church and i have backslided"

i said to him i will advice him later but i still want the opinion of my lovely nairalanders.

please help this friend.
Re: Please Help My Friend. by Hiswordxray(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2016
I'm also an introvert and I have been born again for 8 years now. After I got born again I remain an introvert. For years I was quiet in the church, refusing to participate or join any work department. I just can't and I wasn't interested. I always want to be invisible, to go unnoticed. But I continue to pursue God and secretly I grow in my relationship with God. God was all I have, He is the closest to my heart and I got so intimate with Him.

He is my first love and He reveal Himself to me in ways so amaze. I realize how real He is. He taught me and fill me with a burning passion for Him. I could not remain cool, I could not contain the fire that burn within me. He filled my heart with His word, I could not but speak out. The Bible says out of the fullness of the heart does the mouth speak. I started looking for ways to pour out all the life that have been deposited in my belly through my relationship with God.

Right now I'm the Bible study coordinator of my fellowship. I have many that I teach, many that sees me as a mentor. Many have come to know God through me and many are on that glorious journey to an intimate relationship with God. I'm graduating this year and soon I would be able to give myself completely to the Lord so that lives can be transformed and hope shall be given.

My advice to your friend is that he should stop looking at outward things. Look away from all those extrovert in church who things they are working for God. The truth is that they have very low spiritual life and they are not to be envied. Tell your friend to focus on God. As an introvert he would have a lot of time alone and a lot of time to meditate while he sit quietly in the public. God wants relationship not works, use this time to pursue an intimate relationship with God. Always meditate on the word of God, download and listen to Christian messages, read Christian books, talk to God frequently and ask Him to teach you everything, even things that you think you know. Ask Him to lead you, trust Him and allow yourself fall in love with Him and desire desperately to know Him.
Re: Please Help My Friend. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 21, 2016
Hiswordxray:
I'm also an introvert and I have been born again for 8 years now. After I got born again I remain an introvert. For years I was quiet in the church, refusing to participate or join any work department. I just can't and I wasn't interested. I always want to be invisible, to go unnoticed. But I continue to pursue God and secretly I grow in my relationship with God. God was all I have, He is the closest to my heart and I got so intimate with Him.

He is my first love and He reveal Himself to me in ways so amaze. I realize how real He is. He taught me and fill me with a burning passion for Him. I could not remain cool, I could not contain the fire that burn within me. He filled my heart with His word, I could not but speak out. The Bible says out of the fullness of the heart does the mouth speak. I started looking for ways to pour out all the life that have been deposited in my belly through my relationship with God.

Right now I'm the Bible study coordinator of my fellowship. I have many that I teach, many that sees me as a mentor. Many have come to know God through me and many are on that glorious journey to an intimate relationship with God. I'm graduating this year and soon I would be able to give myself completely to the Lord so that lives can be transformed and hope shall be given.

My advice to your friend is that he should stop looking at outward things. Look away from all those extrovert in church who things they are working for God. The truth is that they have very low spiritual life and they are not to be envied. Tell your friend to focus on God. As an introvert he would have a lot of time alone and a lot of time to meditate while he sit quietly in the public. God wants relationship not works, use this time to pursue an intimate relationship with God. Always meditate on the word of God, download and listen to Christian messages, read Christian books, talk to God frequently and ask Him to teach you everything, even things that you think you know. Ask Him to lead you, trust Him and allow yourself fall in love with Him and desire desperately to know Him.

I must say you have encouraged me and my friend (who is my inner man) a lot. Yes, that my friend is me and i have been truly touched and encouraged by your testimony.

God bless you.
Re: Please Help My Friend. by Hiswordxray(m): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
nerdEBUKA:

I must say you have encouraged me and my friend (who is my inner man) a lot. Yes, that my friend is me and i have been truly touched and encouraged by your testimony.

God bless you.
Amen
We could chat on whatsapp, here my number 08103727677

(1) (Reply)

What Really Is Repentance? / A Church In Kenya Where The Pastor Feet Must Not Touch The Floor During Sermon / If God Decides To Answer Just One Prayer Request, What Would You Ask For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.