Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,108 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:02 AM

Listening To Secular Music And Watching Home Videos, Is There Any Difference? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Listening To Secular Music And Watching Home Videos, Is There Any Difference? (378 Views)

One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Listening To Secular Music And Watching Home Videos, Is There Any Difference? by osazone1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
I have stumbled upon so many posts/publications condemning Christians/people who listen to secular music, irrespective of the lyrical content of the music.
Some Christians will always say “You can’t be a devout Christian and still be listening to secular music; you can’t enjoy the things of the world and still expect to make heaven at the same time; being a Christian and listening to secular music is like playing football on a wet/muddy pitch – for how long can you avoid getting stained?” - Very well said.
But the one question I keep asking is – why is it that some of these devout Christians, who so much condemn other Christians (or should I say question their stand) for listening to secular music, seem to be so comfortable watching Nollywood Home Videos?
This makes me keep wondering if watching Nollywood Home Videos is an exception to this ever-growing secular music debate as I can’t seem to differentiate both.
(Please don’t get me wrong, I am not for or against secular music. I am just trying to make common sense).

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 23rd Of June 2016 / My Friend And His Pastor / Is Anita Oyakhilome Trying To Call Her Ex Husband A Fake Pastor??(must READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.