Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:46 AM

Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order (733 Views)

Muslims Storm Emir's Palace As Bishop Sam Zuga Preaches At The Palace In Lafia(p / Muslims Storm Egyptian Church, Attack Worshippers, Call For It To Be Demolished / Catholic Reverend Sister & Muslim Sister In Hijab Hug In Jos.see Reactions(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by enuelsmith: 12:20am On Jun 21, 2016
Some Muslims clerics stormed some public schools in Osogbo on Monday with the aim of ensuring that female Muslim students are allowed to wear hijab to the schools in accordance with the judgment of the Osun State High Court.

Our correspondent gathered that the clerics went to St. Charles’ High School and Ife Oluwa Middle School early in the morning with the aim of enforcing the use of hijab but the teachers explained to them that they would allow the pupils to wear hijab after they must have received a directive from the Ministry of Education to allow them to do so.

The calm manner the principals in the schools attended to the Muslims was said to have prevented any untoward incident.

One of the principals of St. Charles’ High School, Mr. Anthony Famoriyo, when contacted in his office, confirmed that some Muslim clerics came to the school but he explained to them that he had not received any memo to that effect from the state government.

Famoriyo said the people left but promised to come back in full force.

He said, “ Some Muslims came this morning and said they wanted to enforce the use of hijab. We explained to them that we will allow our students to wear hijab whenever we get instruction from the state government to do so.

“You know that everything we do in schools follows procedure, what you teach, the way you teach. We are not against any group. We are here to teach our children and that is our mission.”

There was calm in the school when journalists visited and some students drawn from many schools were seen on the field holding calisthenics rehearsal.

Some of these students wore hijab.

Some officials of the Nigeria Seurity and Civil Defence Corps deployed in the school also told journalists that there was no crisis in the school contrary to the rumour in some quarters.

Some hours after that, Governor Rauf Aregbesola, while speaking at a roundtable on developing collaborative framework for education organised by the Development and Advancement in Western Nigeria, said he had not ordered the use of hijab in public schools in the state.

The governor said contrary to reports in the media, the education sector in the state was not in any crisis.

He described the media focus on wearing of church garments to Baptist High School, Iwo by some students as a “celebration of idiocy,” saying the media overlooked the inauguration of a school by his government in Ibokun and focused on the ‘misguided students.’

He said, “ Let me say this there is no official pronouncement on hijab. I have not ordered the use of hijab in schools and I challenge them to bring evidence.

“It might interest you that my wife does not use hijab, my daughter does not use hijab. So, I did not order the use of hijab. My view on Islam is why I am suffering unmerited persecution. My crime is that I struggle to be a good Muslim and not because I hurt anybody.”

Aregbesola said it was wrong for any religious body to still claim the ownership of any public school in the state, saying government took over the schools about 41 years ago.

He also stated that Muslim-founded schools were not merged with schools established by Christian missionaries.

He explained that students of St. Mary; St. Anthony and United Methodist were merged with their counterparts at Baptist High School, Iwo.

According to him, just four students of St. Mary, who were using hijab in their former school and were prevented from not using it when they were transferred to Baptist High School, started the hijab crisis in 2012.

Speaking on the topic, he said students in the South-West would perform better if teachers used Yoruba language to teach them.

The Director-General of DAWN, Dr. Charles Akinola, said all the South-West states were together in the efforts to reposition education in the geo-political zone.

He said the objective of the roundtable was to fashion out ways of revamping education in the South-West and restore the lost glory

http://punchng.com/muslims-storm-schools-aregbesola-disclaims-hijab-order/
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by 4stylz: 12:31am On Jun 21, 2016
Stupid governor

1 Like

Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by omodave(m): 12:34am On Jun 21, 2016
Am not surprise undecided undecided
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by enuelsmith: 12:38am On Jun 21, 2016
Very funny Governor.. Putting religion first rather than to invest and concentrate more on the growth and development of his state
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by MrDude: 1:49am On Jun 21, 2016
Just Imagine a world without Islam, there would be no conflict in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Kenya, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and many other places.

1.There would be no Islamic terrorist attacks and threats in Africa, Europe, US, Australia, Canada, China and Russia. There would be no influx of Muslim migrants and refugees in the West.

2.There would be no Jews and Arabs conflicts, Religious Apartheid in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Turkey, Brunei, Indonesia, Northern Nigeria, Gaza, Morocco, Tunisia, and many other Muslim countries where the Non-Muslims faces persecution just for being Non-Muslims, in the Gulf Arab States their citizens are forbidden to practice Non-Islamic faith and Atheist is declared as a terrorist.

3.There would be no totalitarian Monarchy dictators and theocratic Governments in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Turkey, Mauritania, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Sudan, Brunei and other Muslim Countries.

4.There would be no Islamic Jihadists movement such as Isis, Al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Isis, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, Houthis, Hezbollah, Taliban, Al-Shabaab and other Islamic terrorist Groups.

5.There would be no movement to impose Islamic Sharia law worldwide. horrific Beheading, Flogging, Amputation, Stoning, Crucifixion, Gender Apartheid suffering of women and discrimination and extra-judicially killing of the Non-Muslims in the Muslim World.

6.There would be Separation of Religion from Government without Islam. Freedom of Speech, Press Freedom and Freedom of Religion.The Bloggers and Cartoonist will enjoy the freedom to mock any Ideology.

7.There will be no Airplane hijackers, Shoe bombers, Airport, Malls, underground train station, Churches and Temples Islamic suicide bombers and attackers.

8.There would be no State sponsored terrorism like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Pakistan and Iran.
----------
There will be less violence and barbarism around the World. the biggest challenge would be natural disasters instead of Islamic terrorism, Sunni vs Shiite conflicts and Global Islamism movement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by theoneJabulani(m): 7:10am On Jun 21, 2016
Despite all the Religion of Peace campaign, Muslims are still the most violent people on earth
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by bamirotola: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2016
Islam nd violence is like bread and butter... they are punishment for our sins from God.. I pray God forgive us and wipe em away..... osogbo people are the most gullible of all state though.. they voted for this problem, despite paralysing educatin in d his first tenure, after subjecting civil servants to abject poverty in his first tenure, they still voted for him... d man is confused with misplaced priorities... I remember lst tenure sayin hew wanted to build airport, when masses are suffering... aregbe flies helicopter from secretariat to government house and also use d state helicopter for his personal use... I had a premonition of this before he was voted for, that he'd spoil education in Osun state... as God removed abacha, he too will be removed with disgrace...

1 Like

Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2016
MrDude:
Just Imagine a world without Islam, there would be no conflict in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Kenya, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and many other places.

1.There would be no Islamic terrorist attacks and threats in Africa, Europe, US, Australia, Canada, China and Russia. There would be no influx of Muslim migrants and refugees in the West.

2.There would be no Jews and Arabs conflicts, Religious Apartheid in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Turkey, Brunei, Indonesia, Northern Nigeria, Gaza, Morocco, Tunisia, and many other Muslim countries where the Non-Muslims faces persecution just for being Non-Muslims, in the Gulf Arab States their citizens are forbidden to practice Non-Islamic faith and Atheist is declared as a terrorist.

3.There would be no totalitarian Monarchy dictators and theocratic Governments in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Turkey, Mauritania, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Sudan, Brunei and other Muslim Countries.

4.There would be no Islamic Jihadists movement such as Isis, Al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Isis, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, Houthis, Hezbollah, Taliban, Al-Shabaab and other Islamic terrorist Groups.

5.There would be no movement to impose Islamic Sharia law worldwide. horrific Beheading, Flogging, Amputation, Stoning, Crucifixion, Gender Apartheid suffering of women and discrimination and extra-judicially killing of the Non-Muslims in the Muslim World.

6.There would be Separation of Religion from Government without Islam. Freedom of Speech, Press Freedom and Freedom of Religion.The Bloggers and Cartoonist will enjoy the freedom to mock any Ideology.

7.There will be no Airplane hijackers, Shoe bombers, Airport, Malls, underground train station, Churches and Temples Islamic suicide bombers and attackers.

8.There would be no State sponsored terrorism like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Pakistan and Iran.
----------
There will be less violence and barbarism around the World. the biggest challenge would be natural disasters instead of Islamic terrorism, Sunni vs Shiite conflicts and Global Islamism movement.
Yea,just Imagine... The world will forever become peaceful like it has always been...ARRANT FOOL!
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Despite all the Religion of Peace campaign, Muslims are still the most violent people on earth
Just shut up if nothing sensible can ever come from that daft head of yours!
What someone chooses to wear again,has now become an act of violence to you.... useless cretin.
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2016
bamirotola:
Islam nd violence is like bread and butter... they are punishment for our sins from God.. I pray God forgive us and wipe em away..... osogbo people are the most gullible of all state though.. they voted for this problem, despite paralysing educatin in d his first tenure, after subjecting civil servants to abject poverty in his first tenure, they still voted for him... d man is confused with misplaced priorities... I remember lst tenure sayin hew wanted to build airport, when masses are suffering... aregbe flies helicopter from secretariat to government house and also use d state helicopter for his personal use... I had a premonition of this before he was voted for, that he'd spoil education in Osun state... as God removed abacha, he too will be removed with disgrace...
I don't think your useless god is ready to forgive you...haven't it been 1400 years already... you Imbeciile!
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by theoneJabulani(m): 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
crusadistic:

Just shut up if nothing sensible can ever come from that daft head of yours!
What someone chooses to wear again,has now become an act of violence to you.... useless cretin.
you just proved my point
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by Anas09: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
crusadistic:

Yea,just Imagine... The world will forever become peaceful like it has always been...ARRANT FOOL!
Cc: Lalasticlala
Am calling to your notice Crusadistic insults against a Nairalander. Do the needful. Ban him.
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
Anas09:

Cc: Lalasticlala
Am calling to your notice Crusadistic insults against a Nairalander. Do the needful. Ban him.

Also remind them to ban my IP anus09.
Cc: Lalasticlala,OAM4J
A fatuous cretin going by the moniker DrDude,has been spreading hate against a group...a far more serious violation than describing a goat,don't also forget to ban him.
Re: Muslims Storm Schools As Aregbesola Disclaims Hijab Order by Samunique(m): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
The gov said he was being persecuted bcs he's trying to be a good Muslim !

I think this guy has problem !

Is he the only Muslim gov in the west

(1) (Reply)

Russia's Proposed Law: No Evangelizing Outside Of Church / All You Just Have To Do Is Accept Jesus!! / T.b. Joshua Did Not Turn Up At His Pastors Conference In South Korea - Read Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.