Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,764 members, 7,875,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

The Chosen Daily Devotional 21st June, 2016. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Chosen Daily Devotional 21st June, 2016. (383 Views)

Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son / See RCCG June 2016 Holy Ghost Service - Victorious Praise / Holy Ghost Night June 2016 Victorious Praise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 21st June, 2016. by ChosenOnline: 6:27am On Jun 21, 2016
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: TUESDAY, 21ST JUNE, 2016.

THEME: SEEK FOR THAT WHICH IS ENDURING

TEXT: Ecclesiastes 12:13, Matthew 6:25-33
12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

MEMORY VERSE: "For who knows what is good for a man in life, during the few and meaningless days he passes through like a shadow? Who can tell him what will happen under the sun after he is gone? (Ecclesiastes 6:12)

The life of man is too short compared to all the stress that he subjects himself to in his bid to achieve some set goals. Notwithstanding, within a twinkle of an eye he is gone. One therefore begins to wonder the essence of all the struggles. This raises up the issue of what is good or right for man during the few and meaningless days he passes through here on earth.

Proverbs 4:23 urges us, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; For out of it are the issues of life. " Impliedly. you must be very careful about the thoughts that proceed from your heart. They will go a long way in defining your perception of life; about what amounts to success or failure and whether you will be contented or insatiable about your achievements or not. Out of the heart are the issues of life!

Sing a few praise/worship songs. Make a thanksgiving prayer and ask God for mercies and the forgiveness of sins. Thereafter, take the following prayer points.

Prayer Points:
1. O God, help me. Let my thoughts center on things that are eternal rather than things that are temporal, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

2. Give me the enabling grace to live the life befitting of a true child of God, in Jesus' name. Every love of the world, lust of the eyes and pride of life; be overtaken by the love and passion for Christ.

3. Every worldly attraction; be eclipsed by the glory of heaven, in Jesus' name.

4. Whatever the devil has set to draw me away from the program of God via salvation. scatter, in Jesus' name.

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Sure God Listens To Your Prayers / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 08/07/2016) / Secrecy And Deception: The Organization Fights Dirty In Its War Against Apostate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.