Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,115 members, 7,899,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 12:41 AM

Adebayor ’ll Shame Critics - Kanu - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor ’ll Shame Critics - Kanu (668 Views)

Harry Redknapp Claimed Kanu Was 49 Years Old In 2010 / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football / Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayor ’ll Shame Critics - Kanu by AloyEmeka6: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
Adebayor ’ll shame critics - Kanu
By Lanre Olabisi, with Agency Report
Sunday, August 30, 2009
NIGERIA international Nwankwo Kanu is backing Togolese captain, Emmanuel Adebayor to fire his new premiership side, Manchester City to the Premier League title and take his crown as King of Africa in England.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/30/608.html

Kanu’s Portsmouth will face Adebayor’s Man City when the spending City visits Fratton Park today.

Kanu, nicknamed ‘King’ said, “ I’m happy for Emmanuel.

“People have said he is going to be a waste of money but he is already proving them wrong.

“He scored goals for Arsenal and was their main man. At Man City he is still doing the same thing.” Said Kanu.

“If he keeps playing well, as I am sure he will, they can win the League. I just hope he is not at his best on today.

“You need a big squad to challenge teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea and City have that.

“It is not just about 11 players. They have 20 quality players and that is going to give them a big chance.”

Portsmouth has endured a miserable start to the season, losing all of its opening three league games and scoring only one goal.

Kanu is confident the south coast side will avoid relegation following the completion of Sulaiman Al Fahim’s protracted takeover.

The 33year old Super Eagles of Nigeria captain said: “Everybody is looking forward to the game because we need to get three points on the board.

“It does not matter that we are playing Manchester City and we need a win to get our season started.

“Portsmouth is my club and I will do whatever I can to help keep them in the Premier League."

“I do not think Portsmouth will have a problem staying up. It is only a matter of time before we start winning.”
Re: Adebayor ’ll Shame Critics - Kanu by allboyz(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2009
ok
Re: Adebayor ’ll Shame Critics - Kanu by FBS: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2009
Good. cheesy
Re: Adebayor ’ll Shame Critics - Kanu by dipo2much(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
I just hope he is not at his best on today

Unfortunately for Kanu, Adebayo was at his best.lol

(1) (Reply)

Malaga Vs Sevilla Live On Supersport Now / Carlos Tevez Issues Unreserved Apology To Everybody At Manchester City / Sir Alex Ferguson's Emotional Speech At Old Trafford After His Last Home Match.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.