Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,127 members, 7,890,772 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:04 PM

Can I Cook For My Brothers While Menstruating In Ramadan??? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Cook For My Brothers While Menstruating In Ramadan??? (2472 Views)

Menstruation And Worship In Ramadan / Three Brothers Convert To Islam In Imo State. See Photos / Happy Eid al Fitr To My Brothers And Sisters On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can I Cook For My Brothers While Menstruating In Ramadan??? by afolayan90(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
Answer To The Question:

Assalamun Aleikum Warahmotullahi Wabarakatuhu

Praise be to Allah The Most High

Pertaining to your question, a menstruating person can do some other Ibadaats (acts of worship) both during Ramadan and after, with cooking a meal for a fasting person inclusive.

Feeding people has a blessing of its own. However, during the month of Ramadan, it’s like a multi-level marketing business! If you feed a person who has been fasting, you earn the blessings of their fast as if you had fasted the entire day yourself.

“Narrated ‘ata: That he heard Ibn ‘abbas reciting the Divine Verse:–

“And for those who cant fast they had a choice to feed a poor for every day..” (2.184)

Ibn ‘abbas said, “

This Verse is not abrogated, but it is meant for old men/old women and the critically sick who have no strength to fast, so they should feed one poor person for each day of fasting (instead of fasting).” (Sahih Bukhari Book #60, Hadith #32).

Someone who has limitation from fasting due to her menstruation period can also emulate the act of feeding the poor or a fasting person as to earn the reward and blessing as thou of a fasting person.You can also raise your reward scale by volunteering at your local mosque, sponsor Iftar, or contribute to a potluck. Encourage your friends who are also not fasting to join you, and gain blessings from their good deeds as well. Before you know it, your menses will be over and you begin fasting too and not a reward missed due to your observed period in the holy month.

Increase your ibadah (acts of worship)

Your period should not keep you from receiving all of the wonderful rewards of this holy month. Even though you are not fasting or praying during this time, you can still maintain ibadah (submission and worship of God), such as, Putting forth effort to help families increase their prayer, reading more Qur’an via your laptop or Smartphone, Spend less time watching television, on the computer, playing video games or on the Smartphone. Give out more sadaqoh (Charity), use this time to focus on purifying your heart and earning Allah’s blessings through good deeds.

Eat suhoor with your family. Since you already made the meal, enjoy it with them (rather than go to sleep), then Stay up to make dhikr while they’re praying fajr and reciting Qur’an. As difficult it may be, try hard to withhold your menstrual pains, suffering, tiredness, etc. by not complaining to your family and Empathize with your family’s fast.

Do not eat in front of fasting family members. For example, eat while your family is praying, or busy doing something else. Eat simple. Don’t stir up a hot deliciously-scented meal in the oven or on the stove for yourself. Follow the Prophet’s favorite foods, such as milk, dates, olive oil, cucumber, meat (halal deli sandwich), bread, etc.

Keep your breathe fresh. It’s a welcomed breathe of fresh air (literally) to have your breathe smell like toothpaste, rather than the food they cannot eat during the day and stay freshly showered with natural bodily scents, not perfumed (as they may be too alluring during the day and may affect a fasting person.

May Allah accept our acts of Ibadaats as his.

You can drop your comments, views and advise on the topic too.

Source: http://salamng.com/can-i-cook-for-my-brothers-while-menstruating-in-ramadan

(1) (Reply)

Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave / If God Is Allah, Why Can't Xmas Be Sallah ? / Arnoud-van-doorn Former Antagonist Of Islam Accepts Islam And Performs Hajj 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.