Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,072 members, 7,919,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:00 AM

Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty (3901 Views)

Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President / 11 Ex-Jonathan's Ministers May Join APC - The Nation / The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by spenca: 6:31am On Jun 22, 2016
id911:

Let me ask you a simple question, without swearing-in of Senators-elect can they be called Senators?If Saraki that swore them in became Senate President illegally would the action of Saraki and those Senators be legal?Look at the law books and answer these questions sincerely. Thanks

A Supreme Court judge once said this, Man is not to serve the law but the law was made to serve man.

Lemme put this in context for you so would understand properly, A state governor get evicted from office by say the tribunal after 3 years because of some irregularities, does that translate that every building he built , and every road renovated and every salary he paid state workers are illegal and should all be collapsed ,destroyed and returned as the case may be ? As at the time of swearing in or induction of those senators there wasn't a case of forgery so based on the information at hand then Saraki he was SP hence he had that authority, and if you agree with me in a sane society you see public servant or appointees stepping aside when there is a case before them in order to avoid making those kind of "illegal" actions you talking about should they be found guilty. This isn't a political case it is more of a ethical and moral one . I hope you see my point of view.
Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by justmenoni: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2016
the same rule that's said to be a fraud has been used to screen nuisance like AGF."

Ehen?

1 Like

Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by gigabyte13: 7:56am On Jun 22, 2016
paschu:
You are the illiterate here. If you think you are not, then kindly explain (in details) the scenario that's being touted as forgery by the FG. And while you are at it, do let us know what the senate has done about the scenario and what the staus quo was in the upper chamber prior to the advent of the 8th senate.

Thank you.

What is there to explain to a hateful, corrupt minded and a retard soul /mind

1 Like

Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by paschu: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2016
Two complex questions:

Has FFK been proven by the law court to be guilty of corruption? If no, why then is he still being held in prison for over a month now? I don't even want to mention so many other political prisoners that are being held illegaly as at today.

Why is Saraki's CCT trial made to be held almost every day? Why the frequent arrest order issued on him each time he failed to appear in court due to his other official engagements? What makes you think that the new trumpped up charge would not be moved to daily hearing? If it does get to be heard daily how would saraki still go for his other trial and still preside over the senate? If both the senate president and his deputy get engrossed in dubious court case that drags them out of the senate sessions how would the senate operate without appointing new officials? If they do appoint new officials to replace (or even stand in for) the two embattled leaders, what then makes my assertion unrealistic?

Friend you simply have no idea what Nigeria has gotten into.

For your other assertion in the other post, you just don't have a grasp on what's going on. The accusers say that the senate standing rule (not a portion of it) was forged. Besides you should know that when you alter a part of a legal text the whole document becomes invalid. This was buhari's logic when he refused to give assent to the senate edited version of the 2016 appropriation bill.

For a true comprehension of what's going on I advice you to go and read the last senate press release if have not done so already.

spenca:

All the aforementioned are based on your personal reasoning and prejudice, you can't blame the FG for how you reason ,this is a simple case, the onus of proof lies with the FG all the senators need to do is obey court orders and wait to debunk any "false" allegation if there is one. The FG can't obviously sole handedly jail the senators if they actually didn't forge the rule book,what do they have to fear ? That is why there is the judiciary. It is only in this country I know we judge a case right before the hearing and trial date.You sit there in your mirage.

I have not seen anywhere is in the world where I set the rules to elect myself ,it defeats common sense.
Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by spenca: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2016
paschu:
Two complex questions:

Has FFK been proven by the law court to be guilty of corruption? If no, why then is he still being held in prison for over a month now? I don't even want to mention so many other political prisoners that are being held illegaly as at today.

Why is Saraki's CCT trial made to be held almost every day? Why the frequent arrest order issued on him each time he failed to appear in court due to his other official engagements? What makes you think that the new trumpped up charge would not be moved to daily hearing? If it does get to be heard daily how would saraki still go for his other trial and still preside over the senate? If both the senate president and his deputy get engrossed in dubious court case that drags them out of the senate sessions how would the senate operate without appointing new officials? Ifvthey do appoint new officials to replace (or even stand in for) the embattled leaders, what then makes my assertion unrealistic?

Friend you simply have no idea what Nigeria has gotten into.

For your other assertion invthe other post, you simply have no idea what's going on. The accusers say the the senate standing rule (not a portion of it) was forged. Besides you should know that when you alter a part of a legal text the whole document becomes invalid. This was buhari's logic when refused to give assent to the senate edited version of the 2016 appropriation bill.

For a true comprehension of what's going on I advice you to go and read the last senate press release if have not done so already.

If you want to liken the case of FFK and other unmentioned "political prisoners" (which by the way there Is a Court injunction for FFK I don't know about the anonymous ones )to this , why isn't Saraki already in the "prison" after all he is in court on one case already ( which we know he is guilty of )? Secondly your conspiracy theory should be based on the premises if truly the charged are guilty or not of the allegations , but all you have spilled are pointers to possible outcomes based on your personal take and yes we all have our opinions about this but still ,what do they have to hide ? Saraki and his deputy have the number is the chambers so how possible is it to elect officials outside the whims of these two individuals if the are not guilty. It think all the Razmattaz about this issue should be channeled to the guilty or not guilty plea , what do they have to hide ?

In the face of the law you suspend your official engagement to honour the law, face or debunk allegations against you, that is what a banker,civil servant, et al that all have an official duties would do

To your response on my other response ,Yes I know if you alter a legal binding document it renders the entire document invalid if they forged a portion the entire rule book is illegal now I ask you did they forge a portion ?

I can remember in the past senators and legislatures generally have been recalled due to one case of forgery or the other now those cases were against those law makers at there own peril and not the institution,why make this be about the institution rather than those who have been alleged to have been involved in forgery. If they are guilty let the law take place .

In no democracy does a man make the laws that brings him into power .
Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by paschu: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2016
You are simply being unreasonable. If they are both supposed to "leave their official engagement to be in court" why then is it too hard for you to see that that's exactly what the FG wants to acheive with this their silly allegation?
_____
just addeded****

If the AGF is sane why would he be taking the senate leaders to court for non-existent forgery and at the same time be defending buhari's lack of basic certificate? If he is out to do the right thing, why would he be threatening the lawyer who had gone to court to challenge the irregularity of buhari's nomination and election without providing his original certificate?
______

Regarding FFK, I mentined him to let you see that this Govt. has zero regard for rule of law. And since you could not see it, and the fact that some other people (like jonathan's cousin) are being held illegaly today, then this discussion is over.
________
Please leave my mention.

spenca:

If you want to liken the case of FFK and other unmentioned "political prisoners" (which by the way there Is a Court injunction for FFK I don't know about the anonymous ones )to this , why isn't Saraki already in the "prison" after all he is in court on one case already ( which we know he is guilty of )? Secondly your conspiracy theory should be based on the premises if truly the charged are guilty or not of the allegations , but all you have spilled are pointers to possible outcomes based on your personal take and yes we all have our opinions about this but still ,what do they have to hide ? Saraki and his deputy have the number is the chambers so how possible is it to elect officials outside the whims of these two individuals if the are not guilty. It think all the Razmattaz about this issue should be channeled to the guilty or not guilty plea , what do they have to hide ?

In the face of the law you suspend your official engagement to honour the law, face or debunk allegations against you, that is what a banker,civil servant, et al that all have an official duties would do

To your response on my other response ,Yes I know if you alter a legal binding document it renders the entire document invalid if they forged a portion the entire rule book is illegal now I ask you did they forge a portion ?

I can remember in the past senators and legislatures generally have been recalled due to one case of forgery or the other now those cases were against those law makers at there own peril and not the institution,why make this be about the institution rather than those who have been alleged to have been involved in forgery. If they are guilty let the law take place .

In no democracy does a man make the laws that brings him into power .
Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by spenca: 10:16am On Jun 22, 2016
paschu:
You are simply being unreasonable. If they are both supposed to "leave their official engagement to be in court" why then is it too hard for you to see that that's exactly what the FG wants to acheive with this their silly allegation?

Regarding FFK, I mentined him to let you see that this Govt. has zero regard for rule of law. And since you could not see it, and the fact that some other people (like jonathan's cousin) are being held illegaly today, then this discussion is over.

Please leave my mention.

No I think you need to leave my mentions.

Unreasonableness is when you cannot see beyond your prejudice .

What do they have to hide ?

go to court n debunk the forgery case .
Re: Senate Forgery: Buhari's Ministers May Be Removed If Saraki Is Found Guilty by ASL33: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2016
rusher14:
Who cares if the ministers are to be screened again.

Forgery is a serious crime and at present a criminal charge has been brought before the courts.

If we are taking about separation of power this is a great example.
Certicate forgery comes to mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop Na Ozubulu, Alleged To Be The Target Of The Ozubulu Killings - Pic / Breaking News:nnamdi KANU Has Been Arrested At Cameroon Border / Blunt Truth To My Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.