Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,378 members, 7,881,352 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:31 PM

Beware Of Glo Data Bundle - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Glo Data Bundle (1553 Views)

See What A Die Hard Fan Of Glo Did With Her Picture(photo) / ]pics] Evidence Of Glo Unlimited Free Browsing / Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Opistorincos(m): 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
Cos of the fact that I changed my environment and Glo NG is the only good network in terms of browsing over here, i decided to try out their data consumption rate by subscribing to the 100 naira for 100mb data plan, I was really careful as to not to use the data anyhow i.e. I didnt download a single thing, i was just surfing the net. This evening, I had the urge to download an app of 13mb and that was when i got the shocker of my life, glo deducted 73mb for an app of 13mb(check the screenshots below). Fellow nairalanders please do well to abstain from this scam in disguise called reviewed data bundles by Glo.

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by MizMyColi(f): 6:53am On Jun 22, 2016
Hi there,

Good morning.

Hope you switched off automatic App updates on your device?

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Opistorincos(m): 8:08am On Jun 22, 2016
MizMyColi:
Hi there,

Good morning.

Hope you switched off automatic App updates on your device?

My background data was on restriction while all these happened plus I later subscribed to the N50 for 30mb which doesnt even last for an hour and I didnt download a thing
Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by sirfemoz(m): 8:18am On Jun 22, 2016
If a plan doesn't favour you, just don't come and bash to discourage others. I use same plan on my Z3, stays on VI where the network is super fast, I browse, chat, download audio of small size yet it doesn't finish as you are saying it now. If you think the data zaps too much, try and use java phone and browse. Then come back and tell us your data usage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by darlingtonIIV(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2016
@op i used this same plan on my infinix not 2 and i used it to download 2songs, chat on whatsapp and BBM, surf the web with opera mini and it lasted me for 4days...No lies.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Sanchez01: 9:19am On Jun 22, 2016
Obviously your apps were updating automatically. To correct this anomaly, try it from the Play Store, go to settings, and uncheck 'auto update apps at any time'.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by samsam2019: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Opistorincos(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2016
@everyone kindly check the time interval btw the time i was alerted i have 73mb left and the time i was notified my data has been exhausted... 60secs interval... thats weird if u ask me

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Dam5reey(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
Opistorincos:
@everyone kindly check the time interval btw the time i was alerted i have 73mb left and the time i was notified my data has been exhausted... 60secs interval... thats weird if u ask me

It is simple... 1mbs means you can use 60mb in 1 minutes.. .

Now do you know opening play store alone consume data..

Please show us your data usage for yesterday for further assistance

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Opistorincos(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Dam5reey:

It is simple... 1mbs means you can use 60mb in 1 minutes.. .

Now do you know opening play store alone consume data..

Please show us your data usage for yesterday for further assistance

Bro! Well done, you've been pqid by Glo NG right? even if the speed is 1mb/s which is not in my area, I only downloaded an app of 13mb so do the calculation.
Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by sirfemoz(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2016
Op, if out of 10 subscribers that did same plan like you and you are the only one complaining, do you think Glo network will listen to you? Kindly take the advice given to you on this forum, check your device. Sometime ago, I did a plan of 1000 for 2GB; shared it among 3 persons and it lasted for a month, despite playing online game with it.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by AnodaIT(m): 9:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Go and check your auto update in Google Playstore

Also check your auto download settings in WhatsApp

Do same for Facebook

It is called a smartphone

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by olanie(m): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Opistorincos:

Bro! Well done, you've been pqid by Glo NG right? even if the speed is 1mb/s which is not in my area, I only downloaded an app of 13mb so do the calculation.

Don't be quick to tag as you have done.
Be open to be taught, to acquire new insights.

**my one cent**

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Dam5reey(m): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
Opistorincos:

Nigerian mentally sha
So na your N100 go make glo

Think twice before u respond.. You are not the only Glo user if it has been like that then this thread will be full with the same comments as yours..

Show ur data usage you didn't..
Seems you were paid to open this thread self.. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Glo Data Bundle by Nobody: 3:14am On Jun 29, 2016
Dam5reey:

Nigerian mentally sha
So na your N100 go make glo

Think twice before u respond.. You are not the only Glo user if it has been like that then this thread will be full with the same comments as yours..

Show ur data usage you didn't..
Seems you were paid to open this thread self..
cool

My exact thought. Guy no be you go first use Glo. Show us your data usage and your settings

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JBL Wireless Headphone / Airtel 1gb@n300 Ends 2day(check Free Subscription Tricks Here=>) / Symbian Users [come Here]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.