Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,737 members, 7,918,268 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:24 AM

Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md (6207 Views)

Stop Or I Expose Your Dirty Deals As Petroleum Minister, IBB Warns Buhari / Shut Up Or I Expose Your Dirty Deals As Petrol Minister And PTF Boss, IBB Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by netotse(m): 1:39am On Sep 03, 2009
PapaBrowne:

@FunkybabyYou already did! There are not too many companies in which Sanusi sits atop their boards, so in just three guesses. . . . . I'll be right on point! I can even guess where you presently work alreeeady! cool cool[size=5pt]Ok I wont say it here on Nairaland!
[/size]C'mon Funky, I surely know not to take them seriously. They are just a bunch of Iborilites!
Asides, three of the guys they maligned are some of my greatest Nigerian Heroes: I respect Hakeem Bello alot! Same for El rufai and Ribadu!

For me, Sanusi has commited a grave havoc against the Nigerian economy, so any article - (I care less about the reputation of the source)- that exposes his devious moves is ice cream to my ears. The guy really is losing his cool with the way he is going about this whole charade!

u must be joking. . .do u hv any idea y CBN pursued him from UBA(hakeem)?
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by PapaBrowne(m): 1:47am On Sep 03, 2009
qblaze:

@Dayo,

Are you still in charge of the Dangote Support Group?

Obviously, He still gets his Dangote paycheck.
I don't want to go into details,but "Dayo Coker's master" is one of the guys that wants Intercontinental Bank!
But fortunately, the foreign guys that are to represent "Dayo Coker's Master" as fronts for the take over transaction have pulled out on advice from their embassies. Their embassies have briefed them on the politics involved, so they pulled out!
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by PapaBrowne(m): 1:51am On Sep 03, 2009
netotse:

u must be joking. . .do u hv any idea y CBN pursued him from UBA(hakeem)?
Did CBN pursue him?Nah! It was boardroom wranglings!
He got his pound back through the back door though! Thats what gave a little bank like Standard Trust the guts to take over A behemoth like UBA.
Ok, you give me an idea why you think CBN pursued him from UBA(if at all they did).
Asides, with the performance of Etisalat, I think he isn't so keen on banking anymore.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by tubabie(f): 3:41am On Sep 03, 2009
^Becoomrich you just invaded Dayo Coker's privacy by importing and posting his picture here, thereby revealing his identity in public without his permission? Is it not against the forum's rules? And how has that picture aided your arguments?
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by MrCrackles(m): 4:10am On Sep 03, 2009
Becoomrich
You are very out of order with your post regarding Dayo Coker
Do the wise and sensible thing please
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by chic2pimp(m): 4:19am On Sep 03, 2009
tubabie:

^Becoomrich you just invaded Dayo Coker's privacy by importing and posting his picture here, thereby revealing his identity in public without his permission? Is it not against the forum's rules? And how has that picture aided your arguments?
MrCrackles:

Becoomrich

Why are youse two suprised? undecided undecided undecided. This is becoomrich u know. The guy makes a nuisance of himself on whatever thread he posts on.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by loma(m): 5:48am On Sep 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

Becoomrich

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for your guy to do something 'wise and sensible'.

For once he did not show us the map of Dayo's location.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by sk8erboi(m): 6:13am On Sep 03, 2009
papabrowne all u`ve succeded in doin here is showing ur ignorance of how loans of such magnitute are approved in firstbank.
go and learn more please,
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by lannre(m): 6:25am On Sep 03, 2009
Sanusi did not deny this or accept,why the arguments. Going after loan defaulters and Banks MD for unsecured loan does not make Sanusi a saint. When Obasanjo created EFCC we all know why. The why will not make those that are culpable a Super Hero and the executors are not Angels too. Good we watch as events unfolds. I believe the two two naira depositors (like me) are protected ,rather than defending the Elites.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by chosen04(f): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2009
Bialegend:

Ewu awusa, are you still breathing? Nama, "ridding" is correct in western dictionary. Might not be correct in boko haram dictionary. There is nothing like allah, hence i do not need to use capital letter for it and also nigeria. Both does not exist. When i typed "beggars", it was in my sentence about your useless awusa people as it collectively defined your people who are mostly street "beggars" Ewu, you should visit here to learn about western words. www.dictionary.com Nama, mind you, i didn't say www.bokoharamarabic.com.

@BIALEGEND. AM PROUD OF U. PLS KEEP THE BIAFRANISM ALIVE AND FLYING.

Teach them to understand that there is no such word as "nigeria"
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by funkybaby(f): 10:13am On Sep 03, 2009
jacobs123:

In oceanic's case, the first time i saw the client board on their building at Ozumba, I noticed the client was Waves Nig. ltd and that was fishy to me. it just told me that someone wanted to build that place and rent it to Oceanic. To find out that Madam Ibru has links to waves Nig ltd and that the same company has non performing loans but building an edifice just beside your head office says a lot. To even find out that the same Waves took the loan without collateral is criminal not to talk of the fact that they have no history of any achievement.

Gosh !
When will people learn to stop insinuating things

Do you have idea what is being constructed by Waves Nigeria

For your info, that development when completed is going to be a 5-star luxury hotel/short-let apartments.

So where you got the idea of Oceanic bank getting a front to ''build'' for them and then ''rent'' it back to them beats me.

All Oceanic bank did was to finance the project which is going to be a very viable one when completed looking at the location of the property. Apart from the b-jay ''hotel'' on Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, there is no luxury hotel on that stretch of road, which is probably the reason why the bank is not too bothered about the non-performing nature of the loan. As soon as that hotel is completed, the investors will recoup their money.

If you have doubts about the viability of hotel business in a good location in Lagos State, Nigeria, go visit Eko Hotel, Sun International and Protea Hotel. Even the 1-star B-jays hotel is always fully booked thanks to Exxon Mobil that uses the place to accommodate their junior workers/contract staff when the need arises.

Good thing about that project is that it is still on-going, work is yet to stop and looking at the design of the structure (wave -like), it is going to be a major landmark on the Victoria Island axis.

People should always get their facts right and stop making unnecessary assumptions !
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by jacobs123(m): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Majority of Nairalanders are employees, most of which don't understand the impact of Sanusi's actions on businesses.
I wish I could put a little sense in these folks man! Teach dem just a little economics, so they can understand the correlation btw the loans thier employers obtain and the paychecks they get at the end of the month !

Sanusi's moves have practically collapsed the credit system in Nigeria and that would in turn have adverse effects on the economy.
Most banks are now on a loan recovery drive and all have now become risk averse.
When the the Financial crises hit America the result  was a credit freeze, and the US Government was sooo worried that it did everything in its power to re-ignite credit.
The impact of Sanusi's actions would start sometime around end of  October when  the country has exhausted July imports. Nigerians would start whinning, by which time it would be too late.
As you've stated, the sector that would be most affected is the importation of petroleum products. Enough fuel scarcity!

We are always eager to link our problems with that of the developed world when in many cases, it simply has nothing to do with it. America had credit crunch and one of the reasons was sub prime lending, lending to people who could not afford to pay back but these people at least had collateral (the houses) and when the houses being taken over became too much, things spiralled out of hand. how does that compare with giving Rahmaniya an unsecured loan to buy Petrol and diesel and he decides to woo the president's daughter with it? we simply have a situation in which guys who have no integrity and who should be selling spare parts or clothes decides to own a bank becomes he knows a few politicians and he decides to give depositors money to politicians who in turn donate it to PDP and he feels there is nothing wrong afterall he owns the banks forgetting that it's depositor's money he's throwing away.

You talk of the credit system in NIgeria, there was none in Nigeria before Sanusi, the only thing was that people who could bribe bankers got loans shikena, is that the credit system. You collect a loan of 200 million, you give like 10% to the facilitators. why do you think manufacturer's have been complaining about out banks.

these banks contribute very little to the real sector. imagine for a second how many houses/estates 747bn (that's bad loans from just five banks) can build in Nigeria, or how many refineries 747bn can build, or how many roads 747bn can build. Let the fuel scarcity start, maybe we can start talking about our refineries again afterall the likes of Zenon, rahmaniyya and co are those that profited from it.

You are right to be concerned about credit squeeze but we have to address this nonsense called banking before we start talking about other things and it is also true that banks alone cannot address the problem of infrastructure but maybe if they felt it more like the manufacturers, we can start talking about a common font.

I make bold to say that the we have just sectors working in Nigeria (Telecoms and Oil/Gas) and they are in the hands of foreigners and to a large extent they bring they don't depend on our banks.

we all know that we've always been in recession and even though the world recession may have exacerbated it, it is not the cause and we will see that as other countries start to come out of recession.

For those who think Sanusi's actions caused credit crunch, well some people have always felt the credit crunch. Those who got the loans were top bankers, politicians, fuel importers, stock brokers etc.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by funkybaby(f): 10:33am On Sep 03, 2009
PapaBrowne:

@FunkybabyYou already did! There are not too many companies in which Sanusi sits atop their boards, so in just three guesses. . . . . I'll be right on point! I can even guess where you presently work alreeeady! cool cool[size=5pt]Ok I wont say it here on Nairaland!
[/size]C'mon Funky, I surely know not to take them seriously. They are just a bunch of Iborilites!
Asides, three of the guys they maligned are some of my greatest Nigerian Heroes: I respect Hakeem Bello alot! Same for El rufai and Ribadu!

For me, Sanusi has commited a grave havoc against the Nigerian economy, so any article - (I care less about the reputation of the source)- that exposes his devious moves is ice cream to my ears. The guy really is losing his cool with the way he is going about this whole charade!

@papabraowne

hahahhahahah. Three guesses ke? Lol. You will need to try a lot harder than that.

I was initially not too impressed with the way Sanusi went about his own banking reforms but after hearing from confirmed sources on the state of things in Union Bank and Afribank, i think he deserves an applause. However, i agree with you that his actions if not properly managed will have adverse effects on Nigeria's economy.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by jacobs123(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2009
funkybaby:

Gosh !
When will people learn to stop insinuating things

Do you have idea what is being constructed by Waves Nigeria

For your info, that development when completed is going to be a 5-star luxury hotel/short-let apartments.

So where you got the idea of Oceanic bank getting a front to ''build'' for them and then ''rent'' it back to them beats me.

All Oceanic bank did was to finance the project which is going to be a very viable one when completed looking at the location of the property. Apart from the b-jay ''hotel'' on Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, there is no luxury hotel on that stretch of road, which is probably the reason why the bank is not too bothered about the non-performing nature of the loan. As soon as that hotel is completed, the investors will recoup their money.

If you have doubts about the viability of hotel business in a good location in Lagos State, Nigeria, go visit Eko Hotel, Sun International and Protea Hotel. Even the 1-star B-jays hotel is always fully booked thanks to Exxon Mobil that uses the place to accommodate their junior workers/contract staff when the need arises.

Good thing about that project is that it is still on-going, work is yet to stop and looking at the design of the structure (wave -like), it is going to be a major landmark on the Victoria Island axis.

People should always get their facts right and stop making unnecessary assumptions !

I won't want to argue with you especially if you have superior information. I was made to believe that waves building is going to house Oceanic's headqurters but we will wait and see.
To your other point as to viability of hotels, i can only add that just on that same Ozumba, OBA Otudeko is building his own hotel (probably at a slower pace) but will most like finish before waves. also, on Kofo Abayomi, there is another hotel springing up also the Chagoury family are expanding Eko Hotels. we still have Oriental very close to Mobil.

Also, we still need to ask who are the directors of waves and how did they get the loan? can i get a loan too to build a 5-star hotel?
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by zmurda(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2009
becoomrich:

see the man face
Dayo coker, why are you so desperate for money that you have sold out your soul. Do you know it is God who make a man rich. You can go about and lie , no matter how you shout support for the north just to get constract and frame story, if God says you would never be rich, you are  wasting your time.  Do you think Akingbola built the bank to be worth $8 billion by shout support for the north to get $8 billion.?

And Dayo Coker , do you want to Know Jesus. ?

Why do you hate Akingbola? Do you want to meet him? And ask him all this nonsense you are written. ?  You dont have to lie Dayo coker to make money ok

Dayo coker is this your picture,
I found it on facebook.

Dayo coker pictures.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by qblaze(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2009
@ Funkybaby (FS),

I was present at an event where I heard him say that NEXT obtained a 10.5 million dollar loan from First Bank. If you really know people at the newspaper, you can obtain their managing editor's contact details and confirm from her. Her name is Kadaria Ahmed.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by oge4real(f): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2009
I knew they will start digging up things on Sanusi. PHD(push him down) syndrome in Nigeria.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by mystics(m): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2009
oge4real:

I knew they will start digging up things on Sanusi. PHD(push him down) syndrome in Nigeria.

I remember my parents crying and saying, oh Banbangida regime is tough and things are tight. Then we had Abacha, ehhh, I heard them with their same mouth say, Babangida's was better, then Obansajo, the stories were not different. And now Umaru. Its in Nigerian blood not to appreciate people. Good concerns yes but are his actions worthy of some commendations? Am not an economist but for the fact that i was saved from waking up and hearing that my N10 in intercontinetal bank has disappeared is good enough.

It is not new, Ribadu caught thieves, Nigerians did not appreciate, El-rufai redeemed our Abuja, they did not appreciate Sanusi is saving our banks from, people are pulling him down, haba Nigerians!

Bialegend:

Cattle rearer, i wonder what you are doing in this forum. I guess gathering intelligence on how to kill more Igbos in your backward, illiterate, hunger ridding, disease, alhmajiri, stone age unfortunate religion, stupid allah worshipping, brainwashed, beggars infested northern nigeria. Ewu awusa nama brain.

qblaze:

It appears that you are truly retarded.

Like a prophet i said, WORD WAR 2, see how these two have turned what peeps like me were learning from to. Do you treat a person studpid just because he is stupid, for in so doing you become stupid. Am ashamed.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by lekejoe: 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2009
sanusi is doing the right thing,customer can go to bed wit ther eyes close,if sanusi also is found guilty of any previous dirty deal he shld b brougt to book also by EFCC.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by nduchucks: 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Majority of Nairalanders are employees, most of which don't understand the impact of Sanusi's actions on businesses.
I wish I could put a little sense in these folks man! Teach dem just a little economics, so they can understand the correlation btw the loans thier employers obtain and the paychecks they get at the end of the month !

Sanusi's moves have practically collapsed the credit system in Nigeria and that would in turn have adverse effects on the economy.
Most banks are now on a loan recovery drive and all have now become risk averse.
When the the Financial crises hit America the result was a credit freeze, and the US Government was sooo worried that it did everything in its power to re-ignite credit.
The impact of Sanusi's actions would start sometime around end of October when the country has exhausted July imports. Nigerians would start whinning, by which time it would be too late.
As you've stated, the sector that would be most affected is the importation of petroleum products. Enough fuel scarcity!

why you dey assume say, fuel scarcity na necessarily bad ting in dis case? de sooner wey all dis fuel importers go out of business, de better for us for naija. de biggest disgrace na for Nigeria, wey dey produce so much crude wey no get any functioning refinery. de money wey these banks borrow the oil importers and most of de defaulters wey dey for oil business don reach to build 2 or 3 refineries and more than enough to put the ones wey we get back in operation.

me i say mgbo piafuka gi isi, all of dem! make oil scarce sef, make yawa gas for everywhere! dat one fit make the thieving politicians and bankers sit tight and do wettin correct for a change.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by sley4life(m): 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
it happens everywhere in 9ja
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by Kafancha: 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2009
I've learnt a lot from this tread; very entertaining and educative, but for qblaze and bialegend, another two of you in this country will tear it apart. Pls. come to your senses.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by pcicero(m): 12:07am On Sep 05, 2009
Giving loans without collateral is unlawful. there are things called "conditions precedent to drawdown". They are required to validate a loan request. If these conditions are not met, their would be objections by inspectors and auditors if found that a loan is actually granted without fulfilling all the requirements.
Now, Sanusi has sacked and EFCC has been apprehending Bank Directors and Debtors for some of these reasons.
As an ED, Risk Mgt for that matter, when the loan given to Olojede was disbursed without collateral then he should get down from his high moral horse and face the music too.
He was too rash to realize that he is not so clean.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by peruso: 4:17am On Sep 05, 2009
@QBLAZE AND BIALEGEND

ABEG Y UNA COME INTERRUPT THESE MEN WONDERFUL DISCUSSION/INSULT PARTY grin grin grin grin

I WONDER WHAT I WUD BE LIKE WEN U GUYS MEET PHYSICALLY,( PERSON GO DIE THAT DAY)  angry grin cheesy

PEOPLE ,PLEASE CAN WE LEAVE THIS THREAD FOR THEM , ,

CUZ THEY MAKE IT VERY INTRESTING grin grin grin
let's just forget abt sanusi, efcc,ibru.etc etc for now n just ve fun with this 2 gentlemen(apologies)

KUDOS GUYS grin
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by yommys01(m): 11:07am On Sep 07, 2009
who ever thinks Sanusi did not give dirty loans must be kidding. Can someone please tell us where the 26b write came from? Obviously not from margin loans alone.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by elbulk(m): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2009

Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2009
Please let nobody type Sanusi and Ribadu or El-Rufai on the same page.

Ribadu and El-Rufai are in a class which Sanusi does not belong to.

Sanusi has no clue what he is doing.
Re: Sanusi's Dirty Deals As First Bank Md by Nwogeneugo: 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
all these propaganda, victor shodipo and newspaper advertorials to discredit sanusi are cowardly and self serving.
fact is that the nigerian banking industry is (not was) a sham and shame.
please poster tell me that you have evidence that all the pick pockets like akingbola and cecilia have used their positions to move the Nigerian economy forward or that sanusi,s actions are not in the best interest of the nigerian nation,
if you cannot do that, you can post one million things sanusi did wrong or get your guy victor shodipo to take out advert pages in all the newspapers to abuse sanusi and try to be clever via propaganda but you are all doomed to failure.
sanusi is not a saint, if you are looking for one in Nigeria please look in the mirror and tell me if the person you see is one.
Until then, any and every Nigerian who takes a step in the right direction gets my support and they should have yours if you truly want Nigeria to move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ministry Of Petroleum Denies Plans To Scrap NNPC, DPR, PPPRA Others (photo) / Meet Nigeria’s Poorest Ex-governor - He Has 3 Mud Houses / Looters’ List: Court Adjourns Dokpesi’s N5bn Suit Against Buhari’s Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.