Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,212 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:47 PM

The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce (3430 Views)

Naira Gains While DSS Still Detaining Mr Gbadamosi Who Exposed The Govt Fx Fraud / We Are Detaining Fani-kayode With A Valid Remand Warrant - EFCC / Court Fines EFCC For Detaining Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by henryanna36: 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2016

Senator Ben Murray-Bruce took to his Twitter page today to lament over the economic situation in Nigeria, saying that more attention is paid on anticorruption, while ongoing economic problem seems to be unnoticed. He cited the example of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, who he said fought corruption, grew the economy with low oil price of $15 per barrel. Continue to read his tweets...

"I appreciate the anticorruption war, but I wish our media also carry headlines of economic progress instead of incessant arrests by DSS/EFCC. We are fixated on anticorruption and dont notice what's going on with our economy. Per @Bloomberg, In 1 week @AlikoDangote lost $3.7 billion.

The only business booming in Nigeria today is the business of arresting and detaining. I wouldn't mind if we are arresting economic decline!

President Obasanjo fought corruption, yet he also grew the economy. And he did this with oil at $15 per barrel. Low oil price is no excuse,"he said.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/the-only-business-booming-in-nigeria.html

9 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by henryanna36: 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
What do u think?
Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
- What is Nigeria wage bill when OBJ grew the economy @ $15 a barrel oil. This no common sense twitter senator has come with usual lies.
- Economic growth, how? How many kilometers of road did PDP tarred in 16 years?
- How many people were employed by private or public sector within the 16 years of PDP misrule apart from GSM privatisation which was a new Technology then?
- What is the level of greed and corruption during OBJ time compared to this day and age of Dasuki gate, NASS padding etc?
- On and on it goes. The no common sense TWITTER senator can continue to entertain the gullible.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Mologi(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
And it's very profitable to those in that line of biz....?

1 Like

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by modath(f): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
Keep a lid on it, Kitten in the Senate, Roaring Lion on twitter!!

This twitter senator is a trip, back to spew the usual crap.

Where was he when the grazing bill was being debated?
Mouth was glued shut & phone out of reach bah? Probably scared his NTA misadventures would come back to haunt him maybe.....

Attention seeking noisemaker!! So annoying..

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by mrvitalis(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
This man is just an attention seeker who is not even popular in his state
Do u know that this same man had no investment what so ever in Bayelsa??

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
A learned fool is more a fool than an ignorant fool

4 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by dunkem21(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
Maybe, that's why lalasticlala detains my monika always undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by MasterJayJay: 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
Mr Bruce, zombies are coming for your head. Better take cover

[img]http://media./media/SiGpkQsDjpOvK/giphy.gif[/img]

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by ofeoilly: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Buhari bitter war against GEJ administration and the 5% has over shadowed and crippled his administration.

All the tribal bigot that live without light and pay a fortune for petrol should ask themselves if arrest improves the Economy or standard of living?

The arrest is inconsequential. Buhari is a bloody time waster with nothing to offer but detraction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by mrjangaweed: 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
[s]
modath:

Shut da F up, Pussy in the Senate, Roaring Lion on twitter!!

Mouth was glued shut & phone out of reach bah? Probably scared his NTA misadventures would come back to haunt him maybe.....

[/s]
Nonsense trash
tell that to the useless kunu drinker from Daura called mumuhamado mumuharii ruining the country coupled with his useless prostitute wife aisha
onukwu awuka ozu nwulu anwu di ka i
Buhari is a certified vagabond Useless nonentity kunu drinking bastard burukutu sipping gorilla worst president ever, incompetent, docile and dumb charlatan with fura d'nunu and roasted suya infested brain

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by mrjangaweed: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
MasterJayJay:

[img]http://media./media/SiGpkQsDjpOvK/giphy.gif[/img]

cc
modath
Omenka
and my returned friend ngeneukwenu grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by dunkem21(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
MasterJayJay:

[img]http://media./media/SiGpkQsDjpOvK/giphy.gif[/ img]

Your warning came a little late .. They've already devoured him angry

3 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
BEN MY FACEBOOK BEST FRIEND TALKIN sense INTO THOSE THAT LACK IT IN common.
Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by rusher14: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
I'm truly ashamed of Ben Bruce.

Legislation and the rule of law are meant to be pari pasu.

I prefer a legislator whose business it is to make rules and policies for greater governance.

It's quite unfortunate that Bruce is only interested in opposition as against legislation.

I'm also embarrassed by the public (Thank God they are in the minority) who egg him on not realising the folly of their joint venture.

Bruce you've already failed in your position as senator.

I read the price of certain essentials are on the downward trend does Bruce almighty have something to say about this?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by OBAFEMIawolowo: 11:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
But the man is saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
undecided
Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Achuwa1(m): 12:00am On Jun 23, 2016
modath(f): 7:39pm
Shut da F up, Kitty-Cat in the Senate, Roaring Lion on twitter!!

Tell ur president to always listen to advise from grounded & experienced fellas like ben bruce coz i know illiteracy is a big disease.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Achuwa1(m): 12:03am On Jun 23, 2016
mrvitalis(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22
This man is just an attention seeker who is not even popular in his state
Do u know that this same man had no investment what so ever in Bayelsa.

ur duara president cannot grow & expand business like dis man is doing thts why he has run our economy aground.

4 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by exclusive87(m): 12:42am On Jun 23, 2016
If is True,,, Why Haven't you Been Arrested.... Clear conscience fears No Accusation.... Hope you are not among those who stole and Embezzled.... Table are Turning Around
Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by ndcide(m): 12:57am On Jun 23, 2016
deji15:
- What is Nigeria wage bill when OBJ grew the economy @ $15 a barrel oil. This no common sense twitter senator has come with usual lies.
- Economic growth, how? How many kilometers of road did PDP tarred in 16 years?
- How many people were employed by private or public sector within the 16 years of PDP misrule apart from GSM privatisation which was a new Technology then?
- What is the level of greed and corruption during OBJ time compared to this day and age of Dasuki gate, NASS padding etc?
- On and on it goes. The no common sense TWITTER senator can continue to entertain the gullible.

Posts like this, is just unfortunate. I doubt if you've made any progress at all in life

5 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Pavarottii(m): 1:17am On Jun 23, 2016
rusher14:
I'm truly ashamed of Ben Bruce.

Legislation and the rule of law are meant to be pari pasu.

I prefer a legislator whose business it is to make rules and policies for greater governance.

It's quite unfortunate that Bruce is only interested in opposition as against legislation.

I'm also embarrassed by the public (Thank God they are in the minority) who egg him on not realising the folly of their joint venture.

Bruce you've already failed in your position as senator.

I read the price of certain essentials are on the downward trend does Bruce almighty have something to say about this?

4 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by M4gunners: 1:38am On Jun 23, 2016
Well said mr common sense.

1 Like

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 23, 2016
ndcide:

Posts like this, is just unfortunate. I doubt if you've made any progress at all in life

You have no idea. I thank God I do well for myself.

1 Like

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Abeymills(m): 3:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Am not surprised 2c some zombies attack Ben Bruce 4saying d truth it's not ment 4slaves n zombies because they have no soul nor concience no meaningful development in Nigeria anymore other than arresting d money u collected ever since u came 2power it's not 4use may God almighty punish dis stupid tyrant n it's zombie followers
Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by BlackSeptember: 4:01am On Jun 23, 2016
deji15:
-[s] What is Nigeria wage bill when OBJ grew the economy @ $15 a barrel oil. This no common sense twitter senator has come with usual lies.
- Economic growth, how? How mauny kilometers of road did PDP tarred in 16 years?
- On and on it goes. The no common sense TWIT[/s]TER senator can continue to entertain the gullible.
trash. Buhari was a failure in 1984 when the wage bill was low. Now blame the exchange rate then and thee price of crude oil then

1 Like

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by BlackSeptember: 4:04am On Jun 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
[s]This man is just an attention seeker who is not even popular in his state
Do u know that this same man had no investment what so ever in Bayelsa[/s]??
Another trash. Tell me Buhari investment in katsina state
Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by BlackSeptember: 4:06am On Jun 23, 2016
modath:

Shut da F up, Pussy in the Senate, Roaring Lion on twitter!!

descending low daily because of your spport for Mr Daft did you notice you didn't attack the message rather the messenger

1 Like

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by vedaxcool(m): 4:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Ben Moronu Bruce ... dazz all
Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Ben said the absolute truth. This government acts as if corruption is the only ailment bedevilling this nation....The economy is in a perilous state with daily loss of jobs and growing unemployment....Buhari must be reminded that the CHANGE he promised was to stand on the tripod of fight against corruption, reviving the economy, and security. So far, all efforts have been on the fight against corruption while the economy slowly slides into recession. He needs to re-jig his priorities and expend the same efforts on reviving the economy. A government should be multi-tasking, but this government appears fixated only on fighting corruption.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Business Booming In Nigeria Today Is Arresting & Detaining – Ben Bruce by gen2briz(m): 4:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Seem things is now changing for our senator, speaking through blog and not twitter. All iz well

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What They Did With Obaseki Posters & Rabbit That Was Killed Today In Edo / Happening Now!! Tension In Aba.. Soldiers Shooting Sporadically / Is This Right?: Obiano Constructs Over 35 Roads In His Village, Aguleri (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.