Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,277 members, 7,943,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:18 PM

Don't Fly Bellview! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Don't Fly Bellview! (7899 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Can I Fly To Any Schengen Country Without Stopping At The Country Of Issuance? / How To Fly With A Small Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by scopoo(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2009
Just to add to this thread, Bellview at it again, follow the link for more info http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=153575
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by vanitty: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2009
The bellview people really need to go back to the drawing board. I have never heard anything positive about them, at least with other flight, some reviews are good , some are bad.
With bellview it is all bad bad bad
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by stephedith(f): 9:50am On Sep 04, 2009
i-toro:

[size=30pt][center] FLY BIRDFLU, your preferred ailment!!! [/center][/size]

grin grin grin lol,
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by otukpo(f): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2009
I dont read long posts on this forum, but this poster's got me glued. I t was very interesting and i read it word 4 word. U'll definitely make a good writer. Its as if the story shld not end ,

U may considering wrting as a ,
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by ofokasibe: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2009
i have the same experience in almost all naija planes i fly. thanks for the story jare lady.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by shawn123: 10:11am On Sep 04, 2009
@poster: you really should consider being a writer, No wonder your boss didnt fire you. You worth more to the company than u think! Interesting story i must say i got glued and at some point could imagine everything as it happened, definately wouldnt go near bellview, tnx
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by 2tait: 10:44am On Sep 04, 2009
Bellview was the preferred airline, until they started having their issues.
I guess they need to rediscover themselves and excel!

@ poster.
Please start writing. Write a book or books. Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie is in trouble. She has found a worthy competitor. Who says Naija is not a great country with talented people like you.

Enjoy
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by dudumoh(m): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2009
Damn, I wish I read this before Tuesday when I  booked a flight for Friday next week because i have a lot of luggage and wanted to take advantage of the 64Kg limit. Serves me right. I got wind of their troubles yesterday when I was referred to an article on Next online about stranded passengers in Lagos. I decided to "google" bellview troubles which led me to this post. I have been calling their office number at Heathrow but there has been no pick-up. I guess they are running away from passengers. Trouble is, i'll have no where to stay and no money in my pocket having spent almost everything buying all the buys - which is the very cause of this trouble - my luggage!
Oh well, I only have to brace myself for the worse at least I know what (not) to expect.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by candylips(m): 11:23am On Sep 04, 2009
u get what u pay for
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by upc: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2009
Is better to learn once. Don't try this BA again. Assuming you were sacked, what are u going to do. Be wise! this is nija for you
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2009
I think the British Authorities should even ban them from flying to UK tongue
If Nigerian authorities can't do their work, let the UK help them.
Like someone said, it's no longer a laughing matter, People's careers, family and education are at risk!!
My question?? why do they keep selling tickets when they have a backlog of passengers to settle.
I hope all this noise does not lead to a crash one day o!! uhnnn!!It is so obvious they are managing!! a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
candylips:

u get what u pay for

she paid for a flight to and from London Heathrow (at least hitch free) on bellview airlines. I am sure that is what they advertise

What did she get ??
Late flights
Cancelled flights
Luggage not delivered as planned
A totally bad service to and fro.
Horrible food
Smelly toilets

When would Nigerians start to fight for their rights?? cry cry even if u get a free flight, their should be a standard service u should receive and not be at the risk of losing your life!! Bollocks

Let's not forget https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2482.64.html

God help us
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sley4life(m): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2009
+ other airlines
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by soloqy: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
Wow, this is something very refreshing and funny.  grin grin grin

You have great potentials stacked in that mind of yours(Film writing(not Nollywood), advert writing, film directing)

Though I sympatise with you for your ordeals but you succeded to make fun out of it.

You succeded in exposing the nonsense at Bellview without sounding bitter nor vindictive.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2009
BELVIEW AIRLINE IS INDEED THHE WORST AIRLINE NIGERIA.

I FEEL PAINED WRITING THIS AND I WISH I HAVE ACCESS TO THE REGULATORY AUTHORITIES IN SANCTIONING THE AIRLINE AGGRESSIVELY.THEY HAVE NO REASON BEING IN BUSINESS.THAT AIRLINES LICENCE NEEDS TO BE REVOKED.

IT IS SAD THAT IT IS IN NIGERIA PEOPLE TRAMPLE ON PEOPLES' RIGHT AND GO AWAY UNPUNISHED.

I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF TRAVELLING ROUND SEVERAL PARTS OF NIGERIA MOSTLY BY AIR.ATLEATD ONCE A MONTH I FLY FROM ANY DESTINATION TO LAGOS.

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH BELLVIEW AIRLINE WAS JANUARY 2008 FROM LAGOS TO KANO ON A MONDAY MORNING.YOU WONT BELIEVE BELLVIEW AIRLINE MADE ME LOSS TIME AND MONEY ON THAT DAY.I WAS TO BE IN KANO TO SEAL A DEAL AT 10AM AND CURTOSY BELLVIEW AIRLINE I GOT TO KANO AROUND 4PM.

WE WERE TO DEPART LAGOS TO KANO AT 6:50AM BUT DID NOT LEAVE UNTIL 8:05AM.WE HAD A STOP OVER AT ABUJA BY 8:50AM AND TO CONTINUE THE JOURNEY TO ABUJA BUT WE WERE DELAYED FOR AN HOUR TO BE TOLD THE FLIGHT WONT GO TO KANO ANYMORE.U CAN IMAGINE HOW I FELT, TERRIBLY BAD.

THE USELESS AIRLINE RETURNED N5,000 AFTER MUCH RANCOUR WITH NO FORMAL COMMUNICATION FROM ANY OF THEIR STAFF ON WHY THE FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED.THAT EXPERIENCE ALONE MADE BELLVIEW A NO GO AREA FOR ME AND I STUCK TO MY WORDS.I FLY ARIK OR AERO IN NIGERIA.

WHAT MAKES ME VERY SAD AT THE MOMENT WAS MY MOTHER IN LAW'S EXPERIENCE WITH BELLVIEW THIS WEEK.SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN LONDON ON 31/08/2009.

BELLVIEW AIRLINE CANCELLED HER FLIGHT 3 CONSECUTIVE TIMES AND WAS FRUSTRATED TO BUY AN ARIK TICKET ON STANDBY ON 03/09/2009 TO LONDON.ALL THROUGH THE TERRIBLE PERIOD,I WAS INFORMED BELLVIEW STAFF COULD ONLY BEG.

THEIR SECTION AT THE AIRPORT WAS FILLED WITH STRANDED CUSTOMERS OVER 300 FOR THE 3DAYS SHE WAS GOING TO THE AIRPORT, U CAN IMAGINE THE TIME LOST,ENERGY,APPOINTMENTS,MONEY ETC LOST THROUGH THIS NEGLIGENCE AND WICKED ACT.THE AIRLINE'S LICENCE NEEDS TO BE REVOKED.STRANDED PASSENGERS WILL BE IN A BETTER POSITION TO ESTIMATE THEIR LOSSES AS A RESULT OF THE FRIVOLOUS CANCELLATION.

FROM MY OFFICE,I MADE INCESSANT CALLS DAILY TO KNOW THE STATE OF AFFAIRS AND EVEN CALLED SOMEONE I KNOW AT COMPASS NEWSPAPER AND THISDAY NEWSPAPER TO VISIT THE AIRPORT TO CARRY THE STORY.

THISDAY WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET A PICTURE OF THE STRNDED PASSENGERS ON ITS FRONT PAGE OF 4-09-2009.

THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

NOT UNTIL THAT AIRLINES LICENSE IS REVOKE I WONT STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR PEOPLE NOT TO FLY BELLVIEW.THEY HAVE NO REASON BEING AN AIRLINE COMPANY.

I HOPE A REGULATORY OFFICIAL PICKS THIS PIECES UP AND DO FURTHER INVESTIGATION TO VERIFY MY ACCUSATIONS.

Quote from another thread!!
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by soloqy: 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2009
Now all these other stories about Bellview has made this a very scary issue.

Its about Lives here. We dont want the authorities to make us regret and mourn for things that could otherwise have been stopped.

Are there no limits to the luggage a plane can carry?

What if they decide to appear competent with ppl's luggages and start to overload those planes?

We ought to be thinking right now on how to prevent any "unforseen/foreseen" circumstances right now.

The authorities must wake up to their responsibilities. The complaints, protests and embarrasments, are enough reasons to clamp down on Bellview till they get their acts together.

Lets not easily forget the past.

ps
Anyone know how or where to forward letters of complaint? I think everyone affected recently by Bellview should do so. You might be saving a life.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by r231(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
soloqy:

Now all these other stories about Bellview has made this a very scary issue.

Its about Lives here. We dont want the authorities to make us regret and mourn for things that could otherwise have been stopped.

Are there no limits to the luggage a plane can carry?

What if they decide to appear competent with ppl's luggages and start to overload those planes?

We ought to be thinking right now on how to prevent any "unforseen/foreseen" circumstances right now.

The authorities must wake up to their responsibilities. The complaints, protests and embarrasments, are enough reasons to clamp down on Bellview till they get their acts together.

Lets not easily forget the past.

ps
Anyone know how or where to forward letters of complaint? I think everyone affected recently by Bellview should do so. You might be saving a life.

Their website click on complaint
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by ayobase(m): 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
LMAO.
So funny!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by nikkyt(f): 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2009
eh ya, so sorry.U ar indeed a good writer, i read very bit of it, whosoever has an ear let him hear
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sman1: 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2009
This is the best i have read in a long time, for copyright purposes, am i allowed to copy and paste this article on my facebook page
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by candylips(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
@nikkyt is your name nikkytat in full wink
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by redsky1: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2009
I have some advice here for the people who were stranded in London (for the lagos folks sorry)

Bellview is a non-EU airline and have no problems cancelling their flights from Nigeria cos they don't need to give their passengers compensation, the story is different from an EU airport. Below is a link to a website that will help you and u can use as a basis to claim compensation and if it was me i would put in a personal injury claim as well, hurt feelings and post trumatic stress, trust me 64kg worth of luggage not turning up at my destination woul give me more than high BP.

http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4407

http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4409

If your flight is cancelled you are entitled (under Regulation (EC) 261/2004) to the following;

1.  Refund or re-routing

1.  If you decide not to travel you are entitled to a refund, within seven days, of the parts of the tickets not used.  If it is a connecting flight and you have already made part of the journey and do not want  to continue with it, reimbursement of the total price of the ticket (including parts of the journey not made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to your original travel plan) within seven days and a free flight back to point of departure.

You are not entitled (under Regulation (EC) 261/2004) to reimbursement of any other components of your trip such as hotel and transfer costs

or

Re-routing to your final destination as soon as possible or, if you agree, at a later date.  (If the airline flies you to another airport in your destination city then they must pay for the transfer to the airport you were booked for or to another close-by point of your choice)

2.  Compensation

(The airline is not obliged to pay compensation if it can prove that the cancellation was caused by "extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken".  Such extraordinary circumstances might occur "in cases of political instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight concerned, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes that affect the operation of an operating air carrier".)

Length of flight  Delay to destination  Compensation due
Up to 1500km  Up to 2 hours  €125
Up to 1500km  More than 2 hours  €250
1500km to 3500km  Up to 3 Hours  €200
1500km to 3500km  More than 3 hours  €400
More than 3500km  Up to 4 hours  €300
More than 3500km  More than 4 hours  €600

3.  Assistance at the airport
Meals and refreshments in reasonable relation to waiting time

Two free telephone calls, emails, telexes or faxes

Overnight hotel accommodation and transfers

browse around the page people - educate yourself. Is it not the same arik that called me after i had booked my ticket and told me that the fare i had obtained (thru and agent) was too low and that i should pay £40 more for them to issue the ticket. I just laughed and told them my sister is a lawyer (big lie o!!!!!!!!!!!!) and i am very sure there are some leagl issues once a person enters into an agreement. After all i can't walk into DFS buy a sofa for £499 and the store manager calls me later that day saying that i have to pay an extra £50 as the sofa shouldn't have been sold at such a low price - nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sman1: 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2009
nairaland is a place to be, there are responses from every one , Reports monitored on Punch website says bellview offers ticket refund to stranded passengers , http://www.punchng.com/
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by rasputinn(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2009
Now that s**t about,fly birdflu,your preferred ailment was really ingenious
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Beetle: 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
What a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy MIL was on the flight too. She was called on saturday to be told her flight had been rescheduled for Sunday. We got there on Sunday and was told there was no flight but she finally left on Monday at 2:42 and got her luggage the next day.

You might have bumped into her as well. She was fasting.

RAMADHAN KAREEM. May Allah grant you all your heart's desire and May he also accept all your Ibadah throughout this holy month of Ramadhan.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by sley4life(m): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2009
plus other airlines. They have a shady way of doing things
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by chukz4real(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2009
grin grin grin

Journalism ur by instinct! grin grin

lipsrsealed
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by kelvin(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2009
I was struck with conflicted feelings just reading the post. It was funny and also saddening
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by AjaraEwuro: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2009
@Poster

Meaningless bull crap and shit full of nonsense. Get something better to write about. or look for more money to get on boad BA or Virgin. Because it is a Naija airline - fu ck you all goatie bearded goons - you are poor, cant afford known airlines, and the ones you can afford, you come here to diss them - if you want perfect airlines, why dont you save up more money?

somebody is flying to London- from Nigeria - because he is poor - buys ticket with Emirates and first go to Dubai first- is that not poverty? Same thing- if you book with Bell view- you are a poor goon, so if you get poor services, shut up and cry to yourself.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2009
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by AjaraEwuro: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2009
Honestly - poster - get a life

You simply got what you paid for- so, why crucify them? get something nice to do with your time or else sleep tight.
Re: Don't Fly Bellview! by adufe68: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2009
thanx Beetle. at least u know it's true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Welcome To Anambra State: Light Of The Nation 2.0 / FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices / Photo Of Frozen Jean Pants Standing Alone As Extreme Temperature Killed 13 In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.