Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,008 members, 7,880,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

Advice Her Before She Disobeys God - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Her Before She Disobeys God (794 Views)

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it / What Do You Advice Her After Discovering What Her Husband Did / Please Advice!! Her Mom Is Rich But Won't Help Her Financially. (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by TeflonMe(m): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
I have been with my husband for a while now and I can say we have been doing well for ourselves. But i have a problem with some relatives that are turning us into their atm machine. My husband has an uncle who has always had other people taking care of his children (5children from 3 different women) for him whilst he goes out to enjoy himself without a care in the world.

Last year my in laws asked us to take in one of his daughters so she could go to school in the city. I was hesistate at first since i did not know much about her or the father, but eventually I warmed up to the idea. Fast forward 6months later, I am sick and tired of it. She does not do her homework without being forced and sometimes she skips school. I have already been called 3times by her teacher making complaints about her attitude in class and her perfomance. If you do not dig for her homework from her bag she will not do it. This girl is already 11 and she is only in grade 4 and she bed-wets.

I do not usually resort to beating a child because I have told myself that should be the last resort, but at the same time I am tired of buying things for her because she is always destroys them. She will wear her best clothes to go play with mud outside and she has turned her school shoes in slippers. She is always losing her stationery and she has torn 2 of her school uniforms already. She once broke the toilet and we had to get a new (not toilet seat, i mean the actual damn toilet) and she broke the plasma in the living room barely 5months after we got it.

As if she is not a big enough headache, her father always finds himself in my house almost every month and he will not leave until you compensate him for coming to your house uninvited. Of course he will expect you to give him money and groceries to take home.

Everything has been frustrating my husband as well and he is considering taking the girl back to her father's house as soon as schools close and to be honest i really do not have a problem with that, but my issue is that his family is against the idea because its not a christian thing to do (1Timothy 5v8)

To those who have been in the same situation, how did you resolve it amicably and where did you draw the line?
Re: Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by AnodaIT(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
My dear, this has nothing to do with first Timothy, your husband can still provide for her when she is with her parent.

If we were to follow the scripture like that, then God was wrong to send Adam and Eve out of the garden because "they would say he stop providing for them".

We shouldnt be burdened because of Christianity rather it should bring happiness especially when you wholly apply the wisdom of God in it, not blindly following one verse or doctrine of man
Re: Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
If she was their daughter, will they give up on her?
Re: Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by Nigga44: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
She's just 11......na wa o undecided
Re: Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by talk2alabama: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
They hav sent her from d village sha
Re: Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by elektra(f): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
Jolsnow:
If she was their daughter, will they give up on her?

But she is NOT their daughter! It is difficult to love other people's kids like your own, not to mention stubborn kids with unappreciative parents that are still alive and kicking. It is not like they were the ones that wanted to keep the child, she was forced upon them. They should not be faulted with being unable to love the kid like their own abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by Adaeze003(f): 10:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Get her involved in church activities... grin grin

On a serious note, you can send her back home and still pay her fees or boarding school.
Re: Advice Her Before She Disobeys God by TeflonMe(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2016
The lady is hiding under the guise of not wanting to disobey God but deep inside her she is tired of the child. Let her take the child back to her parents and stop portraying herself as a good person.

Simple cool

Nonsense!!!

(1) (Reply)

Electronic Copies Of Your Children’s Favourite Story-books Here / Patience Is The Best Virtue / This is Abnormal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.