Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,775 members, 7,889,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:34 PM

Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging (780 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo: I Will Commit Suicide By Hanging If Nigeria Loses Hope / Quit Notice: I Have Been In Bosso For 45 Years, Where Do I Go? – Yoruba Leader / Fayose The New Yoruba Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by olaide92(m): 5:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Justice Kabiru Auta of a Kano High Court on Wednesday sentenced the killer of a Kano- based business tycoon, philanthropist and Yoruba leader, Alhaji Ganiyu Akanbi Bello, to death by hanging. The accused person, Abubakar Abdulrahaman (a.k.a Daddy), 28, was found guilty on one-count charge of culpable homicide, punishable by death, while he was discharged and acquitted in another charge of armed robbery. Abubakar was accused of murdering Bello on June 5, 2014 in his residence at the GRA Nassarawa, opposite Kano Race Course, when he stabbed the deceased in the heart with a kitchen knife. The prosecution, led by M.M. Sulaiman of the state Ministry of Justice, and assisted by the nominal complainant counsel, J.I. Macaulay of Kehinde Olaitan Chambers, called seven witnesses and tendered several exhibits. The exhibits included, the knife he used to stab the deceased and his Blackberry phone. Making his last plea for the accused person, his counsel from the Legal Aid Council, B. Adama, urged the court to temper justice with mercy because of his aged mother, wife and children. punchng.com/kano-yoruba-leaders-killer-die-hanging/ cc lalasticlala.
Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by HungerBAD: 5:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Good.

Sometimes it's okay to just make the statement short. Thank you Justice Kabiru Auta.

2 Likes

Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by 175(m): 5:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Inject a lot of tramadol into his blood stream before hanging the idiot. . .he will need it in the other side.
Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by Nusaf: 5:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Dat lawyer begging for mercy on the ground that the accused has aged mother, wife and children must be very stupid. Is the man he killed not married with kids?

1 Like

Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by Acermoon(m): 5:16am On Jun 23, 2016
Evil Daddy....
Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by thesicilian: 5:21am On Jun 23, 2016
Justice
Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by Pheals(f): 5:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Genuine source pls ! The link there through
Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by datola: 5:34am On Jun 23, 2016
If this is true, then this is a very good change. Murder case of less than two years ago concluded in record time with conviction.

Let this serves as deterrent to those goats slitting people's throats all in the name of religion.

Kudos to the trail judge and prosecuting counsels.
Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by hungryboy(m): 5:38am On Jun 23, 2016
i'm always of the opinion that, there is no true justice in cases like this. Hanging his killer won't bring back the dead man, Or take care of the kids he left behind.
Re: Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging by Mynd44: 5:54am On Jun 23, 2016

(1)

‘you Can’t Compare Us With Boko Haram, We Are Only Fighting To Leave Nigeria’ – / My Experience Inside A Public Bus About "Change" and what Nigerians think. / US Will Block Stolen Nigerian Funds From American Banks- Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.