Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,297 members, 7,900,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:38 PM

How To Get Off The Hook Of Extra-marital Affair - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get Off The Hook Of Extra-marital Affair (1184 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / You Can Stop Your Husband's Extra-marital Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Off The Hook Of Extra-marital Affair by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2009
Extra-Marital Affairs is tremendously destructive for everyone involved in it, it has ruin many families, homes, and marriages. It has taken many men captives, and these men though do not like what they are doing but somehow do not know the way out. I have come not only to tell you that you can stop it but also to put i your hands the relevant tools to be used in stopping it.

Here are five things you will do right away.

What to stop

Stop the emotional affair.

Stop the fantasy process.

Stop the freedom fantasy.

Stop rehearsing the rendezvous.

Stop “oh, well” thinking. You know the drill. You’ve gone this far, like a kiss or a touch, so “Why not?”

What to start or re-start

Start talking to your spouse, not about your spouse.

Start marriage counseling.

Start distancing yourself from the other person, i.e., emotionally, physically, and verbally. Place a moratorium on contact of any type with the other person. If you are in a work situation, minimize contact and ask others to be present at all meetings.

Start talking to yourself. Remember, the slippery slope to an affair is rationalized at every step. Examine your rationalizations in the light of the hurt and pain acting on the temptation will bring.

Restart

“The Fidelity Principle” - Most of us start out with the ideal of being faithful to our spouses. Recommit to it. If you’re religious there is the value of being faithful because that’s God’s ideal for marriage. The third principle of fidelity is to be faithful to yourself, “I will be faithful because that’s the kind of person I am.” The real test of this is when the spouse has an affair and you avoid the temptation of a vengeance affair because you remind yourself “I will be faithful, even if you’re not, because that’s the way I am.”

To Have These Tools Placed In Your Hands Visit http://www.gethimbacktips..com for more tips and tools for avoiding and recovering from extramarital affairs. You can also visit our Marriage Skills Buidling Blog at http://www.ebonmaritalbooks..com
Re: How To Get Off The Hook Of Extra-marital Affair by GEW: 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2009
stbaby:

Extra-Marital Affairs is tremendously destructive for everyone involved in it, it has ruin many families, homes, and marriages. It has taken many men captives, and these men though do not like what they are doing but somehow do not know the way out. I have come not only to tell you that you can stop it but also to put i your hands the relevant tools to be used in stopping it.

What to stop

Stop “oh, well” thinking. You know the drill. You’ve gone this far, like a kiss or a touch, so “Why not?”

Start distancing yourself from the other person, i.e., emotionally, physically, and verbally. Place a moratorium on contact of any type with the other person. If you are in a work situation, minimize contact and ask others to be present at all meetings.

Start talking to yourself. Remember, the slippery slope to an affair is rationalized at every step. Examine your rationalizations in the light of the hurt and pain acting on the temptation will bring.

Restart

“The Fidelity Principle” - Most of us start out with the ideal of being faithful to our spouses. Recommit to it. If you’re religious there is the value of being faithful because that’s God’s ideal for marriage. The third principle of fidelity is to be faithful to yourself, “I will be faithful because that’s the kind of person I am.” The real test of this is when the spouse has an affair and you avoid the temptation of a vengeance affair because you remind yourself “I will be faithful, even if you’re not, because that’s the way I am.”

To Have These Tools Placed In Your Hands Visit http://www.gethimbacktips..com for more tips and tools for avoiding and recovering from extramarital affairs. You can also visit our Marriage Skills Buidling Blog at http://www.ebonmaritalbooks..com
stbaby:

What to stop

Restart

stbaby:

What to stop

Restart

wbb

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Secret In Marriage / Why Are People Quick To Criticize A Woman On What She Does To Her Body / Take Care Of Your Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.