Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,674 members, 7,885,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? (888 Views)

What Do Guys Really Want From Ladies. / Ladies What Do Guys Really Do That Annoys You? / What Do Guys Really Mean When They Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2009
Im a pretty laidback person with not much confidence. i have a lot of boy mates that think im beautiful but weneva i ask them wot they look for in a lady somehow they mention a lady with a lot of confidence.
That confuses me coz with my chilled out attitude a lotta guys try to holla (not tryna brag here) but yet most of them like confident ladies.
so NL guys, wot is ur take on dis.

Confidence or Humility?
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by posakosa(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2009
How old are you ?
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2009
I was gonna ask the same question!!
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2009
posakosa:

How old are you ?

wots dat got to do with the topic?
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by posakosa(m): 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2009
nawtiichic:

wots dat got to do with the topic?

your question reflects a certain level of immaturity. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by MissyB1(m): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2009
nawtiichic:

Im a pretty laidback person with not much confidence. i have a lot of boy mates that think im beautiful but weneva i ask them wot they look for in a lady somehow they mention a lady with a lot of confidence.
That confuses me coz with my chilled out attitude a lotta guys try to holla (not tryna brag here) but yet most of them like confident ladies.
so NL guys, wot is your take on dis.

Confidence or Humility?
This is it again!!
Alotta guys tend to mistake confidence for pride prolly because there's a thin line btw both and from your last line . . . . .You belong there.

Confidence and humility are two positive qualities a guy should look out for in a woman.
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2009
posakosa:

your question reflects a certain level of immaturity. undecided undecided undecided

woteva you say bro. just asking a simple question like every NLer does. not caring whether i sound matured or not undecided
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by LuvAfrican(f): 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2009
Hello,

I don’t believe the other posters meant insult by inquiring age its necessary to better advise you.  However, your confidence is a reflection of how you feel about yourself.  Most guys, (assuming he is a well matured man)… like women with confidence because she doesn’t have to be continually reassured all the time. (In most cases, such women that lack confidence wants a man to always remind her of her self worth), on the contrary, a women with confidence already knows this without doubt….She also know how to spark of a conversation, how to take control and handle a situation and can pretty much light up a room, fit in anywhere,  ECT,  Let's stop here as I believe you heed my point.

On the other hand,  if we are talking of a young male say 16-22yrs,  then his definition of confidence could simply mean "swagger" the way you dress, your hair, your nails, ect,  this is my opinion but some may disagree due to cultural differences, however, I hope this helps
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by ebila(m): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2009
LuvAfrican:

Hello,

I don’t believe the other posters meant insult by inquiring age its necessary to better advise you.  However, your confidence is a reflection of how you feel about yourself.  Most guys, (assuming he is a well matured man)… like women with confidence because she doesn’t have to be continually reassured all the time. (In most cases, such women that lack confidence wants a man to always remind her of her self worth), on the contrary, a women with confidence already knows this without doubt….She also know how to spark of a conversation, how to take control and handle a situation and can pretty much light up a room, fit in anywhere,  ECT,  Let's stop here as I believe you heed my point.
The kind of gurl described here i'll fall in love wif anytime anyday! Confidence is beauty of its own!
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by DaudaAbu(m): 10:32am On Sep 03, 2009
Yeah, cos u dont have to continually say hw luvly she looks

u dont hav to ask her what she wants cos she'sgonna tell u.

if u run outta words she 'll pick up and continue the convo

she is not afraid or ashamed of been seen wit ya

And lotta other things,
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by TheSeeker(m): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2009
There's absolutely nothing wrong with you being confident of yourself, who you're, what you're all about and your general personality. One advantageous fact about it all is that, it makes matured guys hover around you; but, insecure guys will never feel comfortable around a confident woman.
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by olagboye(m): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2009
TheSeeker:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you being confident of yourself, who you're, what you're all about and your general personality. One advantageous fact about it all is that, it makes matured guys hover around you; but, insecure guys will never feel comfortable around a confident woman.
You're right men
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by biola44: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2009
wink
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by candyshore: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2009
true , its a good virtue 4 a woman to be confident. ur guy will be proud of u anytime
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2009
Personally I think guys are intimidated by confident women especially if she has her job, car and house to boot. They want a simple-minded lady who they can impress with their money. wink
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by scottN(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2009
@Ebonyeyes
Not in this present dispensation girlfriend! The no of guys who appreciate women in this class is increasing day by day!
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2009
scottN:

@Ebonyeyes
Not in this present dispensation girlfriend! The no of guys who appreciate women in this class is increasing day by day!

My man I know what im talking about matterfact I see it on the daily, The higher women are on the career ladder, the chances are they are single,
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by scottN(m): 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

My man I know what im talking about matterfact I see it on the daily, The higher women are on the career ladder, the chances are they are single,

Only if the woman places career b4 her marriage. It's all abt [size=8pt]management of priorities[/size]. Besides a lot with slimmer chances of getting married usually have a past.
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
scottN:

Only if the woman places career b4 her marriage. It's all abt [size=8pt]management of priorities[/size]. Besides a lot with slimmer chances of getting married usually have a past.
No most of these women are quite ready to settle and juggle married life with their career,  Everybody has a past even Men.  wink
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by scottN(m): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

No most of these women are quite ready to settle and juggle married life with their career,  Everybody has a past even Men.  wink

Well they get 2 show intentions only when time is running out on them or when they've had more than enough FUN. Yeah everyone has a past and no probs with that at all (besides ur partner shld understand that) but let them deal with it and not blame it on the present.
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by TheSeeker(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Personally I think guys are intimidated by confident women especially if she has her job, car and house to boot. They want a simple-minded lady who they can impress with their money.  wink
And what if the guy doesn't have money to impress women?
Ebonyeyes:

My man I know what im talking about matterfact I see it on the daily,  The higher women are on the career ladder, the chances are they are single,
Maybe those are the kind of men you're looking out for. How about you look at the number of men who boast in confident women?
Ebonyeyes:

Do you know what it means sometimes when some people use the terminology "career woman" for some women? Well, I'm not saying these women aren't ready to settle down, but where on earth do you live? And also, are these men from the caves or simply have chosen to live in the 12th century?
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2009
TheSeeker:

And what if the guy doesn't have money to impress women?Maybe those are the kind of men you're looking out for. How about you look at the number of men who boast in confident women?Do you know what it means sometimes when some people use the terminology "career woman" for some women? Well, I'm not saying these women aren't ready to settle down, but where on earth do you live? And also, are these men from the caves or simply have chosen to live in the 12th century?
;DIm not talking about me silly grin, Just from some of my older friends around,
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by TheSeeker(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

;DIm not talking about me silly grin, Just from some of my older friends around,

Did you see where I ever mentioned it was you?
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2009
TheSeeker:

Maybe those are the kind of men you're looking out for. How about you look at the number of men who boast in confident women?Do you know what it means sometimes when some people use the terminology "career woman" for some women? Well, I'm not saying these women aren't ready to settle down, but where on earth do you live? And also, are these men from the caves or simply have chosen to live in the 12th century?

I thought that all referred to me, Anyway it doesnt matter grin, I know some guys tend to be a little intimidated,
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by TheSeeker(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I thought that all referred to me, Anyway it doesnt matter grin, I know some guys tend to be a little intimidated,
Oh I meant if those are the sect of guys you're watching. Besides, a lady with job, a house, a fat bank account, assets and cars doesn't connote a confident lady. There are lots of things that make up a confident lady and the obvious one is 'confidence' and the vehement determination to break through any barrier.
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2009
TheSeeker:

Oh I meant if those are the sect of guys you're watching. Besides, a lady with job, a house, a fat bank account, assets and cars doesn't connote a confident lady. There are lots of things that make up a confident lady and the obvious one is 'confidence' and the vehement determination to break through any barrier.
I agree with your last statement, But What I said was that some guys are intimidated by confident women especially if she has a great job, nice car and a house to boot smiley
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by TheSeeker(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I agree with your last statement, But What I said was that some guys are intimidated by confident women especially if she has a great job, nice car and a house to boot smiley
100% true
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2009
I think men like women who can fairly stand up to their manly presence
without her being too overpowering or too too mushy.
Women who can think independently and considers a male advice in her decisions work well too.
Re: Do Guys Really Like A Confident Lady? by iice(f): 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2009
nawtiichic:

so NL guys, wot is your take on dis.

Confidence or Humility?

Your confidence reflects in your personality and mannerisms. 
It doesn't have to be out there/in your face.  It can be subtle but men who know, recognize it.
There can be humility with confidence.  So being laid back doesn't mean you don't have confidence.

Missy B got it right when she said, people sometimes mistake pride for confidence. 

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Baby Donor? / Lady Asking A Man Out: Anything Wrong In It? / Failed Marriages.women Not Getting Married And Unhappy Married Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.