Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,676 members, 7,878,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:38 AM

University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities (5129 Views)

University Of Ibadan Wins Moot Competition / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Witi(m): 11:11am On Sep 05, 2009
A light of hope 4 Nigeria Education standard at least we've got something to show off. Where are those Ghana dudes insulting us the other day on NL?.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Redman44(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2009
I am a graduate of the University of Ibadan and I've always believed there is something great about the school. I made good use of the Kenneth Dike Library while studying here. Congrats to all past and present Uites. And to all the Zikites in the house, you know what we stand for. We shall always walk tall and never stumble. Azikiwe, terror of the field. Baluba is magnificient. Undisputed UI Sports kings, Azikiwe Never Never fail. More beans and garri to your elbows. I salute cheesy cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Hanoobaba(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2009
The guys really tried. Their achievement has gone a long way to show that no matter the ranking of our tertiary institutions Nigeria students are the best in Africa. But if i'm right, four schools represented Nigeria. What I want to know now is which criteria were used to choose the schools that represented Nigeria? I think their are schools that would have perfomed better than FUTA and AHMADU BELLO if given the chance?
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by superstar1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2009
Proudly UITE!!!!!!!!!!! Honourable Zikite , the capital of Zikism and Balubaism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by quadrillio(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2009
this is to show that our older generation has failed us,

We are not going to fail our sef.

NAIJA FOR LIFE.

SAFE
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by odek001(m): 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2009
did anyone knows a school call tai solarin university of educatuon location in ijebu ode, ogun state, nigeria. seems as if it's still new, anyway i'm a student there.

Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by TheSeeker(m): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2009
Witi:

A light of hope 4 Nigeria Education standard at least we've got something to show off. Where are those Ghana dudes insulting us the other day on NL?.
Please show me what thread they were insulting us on. I need to remind them they are nothing but 'shoemakers' and 'puff puff' sellers in Nigeria angry angry
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by mamagee6(f): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
good for them and the students of the university.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by doja(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2009
This is a wonderful news. I am so proud of my people and I strongly believe that those guys are ZIKITES, of the greatest uitessss , greeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by semid4lyfe(m): 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2009
I wonder why this should come as a surprise to anyone, after all the average Nigerian student is very smart and intelligent.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by semid4lyfe(m): 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2009
?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by TeskyMan(m): 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2009
THE GUYZ MADE US PROUD FOR REAL, AT LEAST THAT DAY, I DEY PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN BUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT PROGRAMME, I QUICKLY WITHDRAW AM BACK, NA TREU I TALK OHHHH,

ONE THING [/color]DEY SURE!!! GOD BLESS AN AVERAGE NIGER WITH AN EXCELLENT BRAIN, Shikena!!!
[color=#006600]
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by reindeer: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2009
I have always known that given equal opportunities
The Nigerian will do better!
All we need are leaders with brains in their skulls, and we'd be unbeatable!Shame on Nigerian leaders!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by oge4real(f): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2009
I am really proud of UI. I watched most of the challenge and I'm glad we were well represented.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Homonide: 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2009
Congratulations to the Premier University,UI. Even though i didn't follow the show,it really feels good to know that Nigerian universities can still perform well given the right incentives and atmosphere.Mr Yar'adua,do u read @ all?
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Shikena(m): 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2009
Wow! So proud of UI and UNILAG!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by kingzli(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2009
Well for those who don't know this quiz ended in april and that was months before the ASUU strike. This results Just show that Nigeria is blessed with a number of brilliant people. U.I and UNILAG first and third In Africa good work.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by bolsharp(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2009
Kudos 2 university of Ibadan and Lagos 4 making Nigeria proud. unilorin where are u
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Carlosein(m): 11:16pm On Sep 06, 2009
UI, Greatest of the greatest Gbosa!!!

honourable member of the greatest Katanga Republic (Independence hall grin grin) in da house!

More 'Oh God' to your hotplates!!!

Who doesn't know that there are only two universities in the world: UI and others grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by nigeriaon(f): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2009
CORRECT, THIS IS VERY GREAT NEWS FOR THE NIGERIAN EDUCATION SECTOR

THERE REALLY IS GREAT HOPE FOR NIGERIA

WE HAVE BRAINS AND HOPE IS BIG

CONGRATULATIONS

UI AND UNILAG

Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by 3Line(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2009
Greatest UITES, GREAT!

A good training ground for the liberators of our dear country.

Am not suprised a bit, got my Bsc and Msc there, Independence hall representing.

It shows the error/myopic orientation of FG, and Ministry of Education (Sam Egwu) regarding the plight of ASSUU!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by azeeza(f): 11:00am On Sep 07, 2009
ghosa, ghosa, ghosa. the final was mindblowing.well am nt a student of neither of the 2 universities,but a nigerian am so so prou cool coold of dem.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Nezan(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2009
This is a very interesting development.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by U1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2009
Now for the first time in a while I find something to cheer about. Congratulations to those guys, I'm so proud to be a UI student more than ever.
I was only fortunate to watch those guys on Zain Challenge, I think against Mbarara University or so, they were on fire! The victory margin was ridiculous, those guys are the BOMB! kiss kiss
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by otukpo(f): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
Greatest UItes, Great,
Am very proud am an UIte anyday anywhere. Missed my days in UI. a great institution where great minds are moulded.

A queenite here.

Three gbosaas for all UItes in the house.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by U1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
Just to add, I'm sure at least one of those guys must be from the Katanga Republic. Greatest UItes! Greatest Independites!

Carlosein, o lenu grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by oogabooga: 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2009
Big ups to dem boyz o, no1 in all of africa! no be beans. Buh, UI folks eazi wiv d claimin, somaw i doubt UI did much for d boy, his alma mata "KING's COLLEGE LAGOS" is what he repz! grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by akinkunmi2: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2009
well done guys. dats Gr8 of u
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Flakky26(f): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
[b]So excited for the first and best University in Nigeria!Great work there.The guys are true ambassadors of Nigeria,They really represented Nigeria well. This is a veritable way to showcase the talents we've got in Naija.
Proud to be an alumni of the Great institution.Greetings to all the Queenite in the house,
[/b]
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Carlosein(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
U1:

Just to add, I'm sure at least one of those guys must be from the Katanga Republic. Greatest UItes! Greatest Independites!

Carlosein, o lenu grin

yes o! mo lenu bi e grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Rehmie: 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2009
Proudly Nigeria.
Nigeria - Good people, Great Nation
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by aishaah(f): 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2009
watched the finals with my heart in my mouth,tank God UI won,there is still hope for the nigerian youth,may God bless us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? / See The New Hilarious Formula Students Applied To Maths (pictures) / Project Topic In Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.